Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take the HDD out and put it back in. Being a girl, she probably ****** it up. Also, when you boot, go to the BIOS and check to see if the HDD has a number assigned to it (it may or may not need one).
Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had that error ages ago, you can google the fix...

I believe one was to check for it in the BIOS as nepg suggested. The other was a bootdisk from memory.

The easiest is just to reinstall windows though as it relates to a file being corrupt/missing or the HDD dieing. You should have a partition for windows if you were smart when first installing which means you only lose programs, otherwise you might have a backup to restore.

Have a peak on google though, it is a pretty common problem and the fixes may have changed since I had it a good 8 years ago now :)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I appreciate the help but I wouldn't know how to begin to do any of the things you just suggested.
I bought the laptop with Vista installed, I didn't create a backup anything though (lesson learned)
I did google the issue and found several "common problems" and how to fix them but it's like reading another language, honestly.
I just swapped out my PS3's hard drive and it's been the highlight of my IT career as simple as the process was.

I'm seriously thinking about just buying another laptop if the warranty is no longer valid since I've had problem after problem with the laptop.

Thanks anyways, fellas.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote