Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Revis or Willis
Revis 62 65.26%
Willis 33 34.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Willis or Revis ?

I come with a question that stems from a thread on a 49ers forum. It came from a tweet Peter King responded to, saying he'd take Revis or Willis.

Quote:
You would take revis over P.Willis? ... Every day. Twice on Sunday. CBs far more important than ILBs.
So the question is simple, who would you take Revis or Willis and WHY?

Personally I'd take the shut down corner everyday all day. And yes I am a 9ers fan, but the majority of 49ers fans are picking Willis (I know shocking right ?) but I'd love to hear less biased takes on this...

Last edited by H.O.O.D : 08-21-2010 at 01:22 PM.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Revis but I'd take Jared Allen or DeMarcus Ware over either one. Frankly I'd take Albert Haynesworth, Kevin Williams and a whole host of defensive lineman over either one, but between those two I take Revis.

Are you adding a poll?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Revis first. Willis a great athlete, but he's pretty far from the perfect inside linebacker and one can survive with that sort of talent in the middle of your linebacking corps.

In today's game, having a guy like Revis is more important.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im taking Willis.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Im taking Willis.
Reasoning....why ?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mainly because I look at things more then just on the field. I look at everything and not to mention he is the best ILB in the game, noone can really doubt that (Maybe if other ILBs were in their primes or non injury prone there would be a better case) but you can argue that Nnamdi is the top corner. And yes, CB is more important then ILB. But its also the fact that Willis will do everything right on and off the field. Not saying Revis hasnt, but I just would take Willis.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, the choice would be a lot closer if Willis was a more complete player. You can absolutely argue that the more disciplined and better playcalling Jon Beason is right on par overall with Willis, just not in the facets of the game that Willis excels at.

Let's not pretend that Willis does everything perfectly. He doesn't.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 08-21-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Revis but I wouldn't want a player that won't step on a football field for anything less than $150 million. I assumed the poll was talking about Sunday performance.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis. Not even a biased answer. I'd probably say the same thing if it was Beason also. The front seven controls everything. If they are awful, the secondary is not going to have much success.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Willis. Not even a biased answer. I'd probably say the same thing if it was Beason also. The front seven controls everything. If they are awful, the secondary is not going to have much success.
I would agree except I don't think you can make that argument for the ILB. Willis and his 9 career sacks doesn't do much to stop the top passing games that power the elite teams these days. Revis shutting down Randy Moss? That wins games.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol. Revis on Moss in Minny, doesn't stand a damn chance!
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I would agree except I don't think you can make that argument for the ILB. Willis and his 9 career sacks doesn't do much to stop the top passing games that power the elite teams these days. Revis shutting down Randy Moss? That wins games.
Revis won't shut down Moss though if the quarterback has all day to throw the ball. Receivers know where they are going and already have an advantage over defensive backs for that very purpose. The most talented secondary in the world isn't going to do anything if the front seven is garbage.

Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Revis won't shut down Moss though if the quarterback has all day to throw the ball. Receivers know where they are going and already have an advantage over defensive backs for that very purpose. The most talented secondary in the world isn't going to do anything if the front seven is garbage.
You're making an argument for why the DL is more important than the secondary.

I think this is any easy decision, you only need decent LBs to win a superbowl but you need your corners to at least be good, at least at the time. And a great CB is going to change the game more than a great ILB if you have a great DL or not because with a great DL you won't need a great LB to clean up behind them, but if you're DL sucks that great LB is going to get washed out anyway.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You're making an argument for why the DL is more important than the secondary.

I think this is any easy decision, you only need decent LBs to win a superbowl but you need your corners to at least be good, at least at the time. And a great CB is going to change the game more than a great ILB if you have a great DL or not because with a great DL you won't need a great LB to clean up behind them, but if you're DL sucks that great LB is going to get washed out anyway.
The front seven doesn't include just the defensive line. If I have to start somewhere, I'll start with the front seven, not the secondary.

And you don't need really good corners if your front seven is great.

Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's not a sensible argument though. Any 7 players on the defense are going to be more important than the other 4 simply by sheer force of numbers. To lump Willis' specific position in with other (more valuable) positions doesn't make any more sense than lumping Revis in with other (less valuable) defensive back position.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took Willis mainly because i think he can take away more of the field (and hurt QBs). The old saying about Deon Sanders taking away half the field really wasnt true because you can overload his side and he isnt taking away anyone but his man basically.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a true shutdown corner is way more valuable than any ILB.

Revis is a true shutdown corner, therefore he is more valuable than Willis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Lol. Revis on Moss in Minny, doesn't stand a damn chance!
No one could cover that Moss.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The front seven doesn't include just the defensive line. If I have to start somewhere, I'll start with the front seven, not the secondary.

And you don't need really good corners if your front seven is great.
And I'll take the front and back 8 over the middle 3.

And you do still need your corners to be good, not great, not even necessarily really good, but they need to be at least good while you can make do with mediocre/just decent linebackers.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid comparison of two amazingly talented defensive Studs.

1. QB
2. LT
3. DE
4. CB
. ILB
Old 08-21-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Stupid comparison of two amazingly talented defensive Studs.

1. QB
2. LT
3. DE
4. CB
. ILB
Fixed for the 49er fan ;) (just teasing)
Old 08-21-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the field: Revis (easily...)
Off the field: Willis
Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis is overrated, Tackles aren't even a official stat
Old 08-21-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to wonder why the poll is Revis vs. Willis instead of Asomugha vs. Willis? I thought everyone knew that Asomugha was the best corner but I guess I was wrong. Revis looks great with an elite pass rush but Asomugha does it when opposing quarterbacks have all day to throw. Put Asomugha on the Jets and teams will complete less than 10 passes on him every season

On topic though I would take Willis over Revis but Asomugha over Willis, all other things being equal.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
I have to wonder why the poll is Revis vs. Willis instead of Asomugha vs. Willis? I thought everyone knew that Asomugha was the best corner but I guess I was wrong. Revis looks great with an elite pass rush but Asomugha does it when opposing quarterbacks have all day to throw. Put Asomugha on the Jets and teams will complete less than 10 passes on him every season

On topic though I would take Willis over Revis but Asomugha over Willis, all other things being equal.
Revis vs Aso is a topic for another thread. Like stated in the o.p., it all stemmed from a PK tweet.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take Revis, assuming he isnt hold out.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote