Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Wouldn't surprise me to see us go after Vincent Jackson.. Zygi Wilf has stated numerous times that he is going for it all this year... not saying it's likely, but keep it in the back of your minds.
Sounds like we inquired but he wants 10 million a year so Zygi said f that.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...controls-fate/
Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Sounds like we inquired but he wants 10 million a year so Zygi said f that.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...controls-fate/
No team in the league would give him that kind of money.. he's going to lose so much value if he doesn't play this season.. he's costing himself money by wanting more money.

On the other hand, he might know that no one is going to give him that kind of money, so why not skip the preseason, and then meet halfway with San Diego before the regular season starts? If he gets traded, then so be it, he'll get the $10M. Probably a smart move to be honest.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me to see us go after Vincent Jackson.. Zygi Wilf has stated numerous times that he is going for it all this year... not saying it's likely, but keep it in the back of your minds.
Why, so he can get off suspension the same time Sidney Rice gets healthy? Then they can watch Sidney walk away in free agency next year because they can't afford to pay Rice, Harvin, and Jackson? Or better yet, give them all paychecks, spend $30+ million/year on wide receivers, and get poor production because Tavaris Jackson looks like a deer in headlights in the pocket?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going after Vincent Jackson doesn't make much sense for the exact reasons stated above. They have to rely on Berrian or one of their younger guys to step up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else get the feeling that this season is shaping up to be an Epic Favrail for Brett this year?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Camarillo was just traded to the Minnesota Vikings.

Jeff_Darlington
BREAKING NEWS: Multiple sources tell me WR Greg Camarillo is being traded to the Minnesota Vikings. Details to follow!

WR Greg Camarillo just texted me, as well. "I'm headed out of town this afternoon," he says. "Crazy." Yes, indeed. Very crazy.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post

Jeff_Darlington
BREAKING NEWS: Multiple sources tell me WR Greg Camarillo is being traded to the Minnesota Vikings. Details to follow!

WR Greg Camarillo just texted me, as well. "I'm headed out of town this afternoon," he says. "Crazy." Yes, indeed. Very crazy.
For the great Benny Sapp.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post

Jeff_Darlington

Breaking news and Greg Camarillo...
Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Breaking news and Greg Camarillo...
He is a Dolphin's reporter, it counts for us.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scooped!

An interesting development. Camarillo and Bess both get a bump in production, maybe?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I loved Camarillo. If it wasnt for his catch and run, we would've went 0-16 back in that piece of **** year in 07.

Well anyway, Camarillo is one smart mofo, he's catches everything thrown his way and a sharp route runner. Favre will love him. 3rd down catch machine.

So what can you Vikings fans tell me about Benny Sapp? And please no "he sucks" I want an actually report of what he can or cant do.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Anybody else get the feeling that this season is shaping up to be an Epic Favrail for Brett this year?
Heck, you could even sense some nervousness from Favre in his interview on SNF. It's certainly leaning in that direction, and their only saving grace might be the relatively weak division (aside from the up-and-coming powerhouse Packers) that they find themselves in this year.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Damn I loved Camarillo. If it wasnt for his catch and run, we would've went 0-16 back in that piece of **** year in 07.

Well anyway, Camarillo is one smart mofo, he's catches everything thrown his way and a sharp route runner. Favre will love him. 3rd down catch machine.

So what can you Vikings fans tell me about Benny Sapp? And please no "he sucks" I want an actually report of what he can or cant do.
Yup, Camarillo had the best hands in the league last year IIRC. He didn't have any drops. He is what he is though, limited upside but will produce undoubtedly.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a Chiefs fan I can tell you he is a hot head and get's alot of stupid penalties.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

As I thought, Camarillo did have the best hands last year.

Football Outsiders determined Camarillo had zero drops on 73 targets last season, the most chances of any player without a drop.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camarillo's a baller but not more than a #3, ever. Still, trading him would be like the Giants cutting Tyree...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ But he's perfect for what the Vikings need. Someone reliable to fill the shoes of Rice & possible Harvin to start the season. Solid move for Minnesota.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Benny Sapp is a gamer. He's a good tackler and has shown flashes of being able to hold his own in coverage. He makes a lot of stupid plays and has a very short temper. He will give you everything he has though. He was challenging for a starting spot here and played pretty damn well in the playoffs as a starter with Winfield hobbled. The only problem I have with the trade from the Dolphins perspective is that he is due a new contract, so you'll have to pay dat man his monies if he performs well.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Heck, you could even sense some nervousness from Favre in his interview on SNF. It's certainly leaning in that direction, and their only saving grace might be the relatively weak division (aside from the up-and-coming powerhouse Packers) that they find themselves in this year.
Despite the relatively weak schedule (on paper), the Vikes have one of the hardest schedules in the entire league.

I think Chicago's going to be much better this year, too, but their season really comes down to whether Lovie can keep the confidence of his team.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
As a Chiefs fan I can tell you he is a hot head and get's alot of stupid penalties.
He was a lot better with that last year, and iirc, he only got one (or maybe it was 2?) stupid penalty last year and it wasn't in a real close situation. Two years ago he had a couple killer penalties though, but he really cut down on them.

Quote:
Benny Sapp is a gamer. He's a good tackler and has shown flashes of being able to hold his own in coverage. He makes a lot of stupid plays and has a very short temper. He will give you everything he has though. He was challenging for a starting spot here and played pretty damn well in the playoffs as a starter with Winfield hobbled. The only problem I have with the trade from the Dolphins perspective is that he is due a new contract, so you'll have to pay dat man his monies if he performs well.
Very good write-up. He's gonna take some risks that he shouldn't, and his temper might get the best of him, but he's a hard worker. He looked very, very good last year, especially in the 2nd half when we really needed him. I thought he was gonna have the inside job on the starting CB position opposite of Winfield until Griffin got back, but then he got dehydrated early on in camp and they held him out for like 4 or 5 days and they limited him for several more, which really put him behind, especially with guys like Asher Allen and Chris Cook really impressing. He's a very solid tackler, and his coverage kept improving throughout the season last year. He'll be a good nickel back for the Dolphins and can step in should something happen to Davis or Smith, or if they don't develop like expected.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 08-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
How is it a weak division? There are two legit Super Bowl contenders in the division. That alone makes it pretty damn strong. The Bears might be below .500, but they won't be bottom of the barrel. And these aren't the same Lions from 2 years ago, they can actually be decent this year.

I'm not necessarily saying it's the best, but I don't think you can say any other division is clearly better.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I love Benny Sapp. He isn't the best player out there, and he tends to do something stupid every once in awhile, but I think he is more than good enough to be a dime back, and even a decent nickel back. He isn't afraid to tackle.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointing that we had to give up Benny Sapp because he really won me over last year but Greg Camarillo is the one kind of receiver we didn't really have on this team. Nice to have that kind of reliability and someone who can just move the chains. Perfect balance to big play guys like Berrian and Harvin.

Both teams win this trade really though, Sapp can be a legitimate #2 corner and at the very least a nickel guy. Great tackler, very aggressive and filled in great for Antoine Winfield last year, coverage wise you could barely even tell Winfield was out.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
We can only hope.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
We can only hope.
My god, is your sig awesome.