Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which QB will make the most of their eventual 2nd chance in the league?
Matt Leinart 14 22.58%
Kellen Clemons 5 8.06%
Tarvaris Jackson 22 35.48%
Trent Edwards 21 33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Second Chance QB

Each of these guys seems to have fallen out of favor with their current team, and will likely be available by at least next offseason, if they aren't cut or traded prior to this season.

So which of these guys do you think is most likely to make something out of their second opportunity, wherever that may be, and why?

--------------------------------
This is for something else:

Last edited by BeerBaron : 06-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

brady quinn ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted leinart because i think he needs a system that fits his strengths and I don't think he's been destroyed physically like

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
brady quinn ;)
He was left off since he's already on his 2nd chance.....and he certainly isn't make the most of it, lol
Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I see David Carr and Vince Young aren't on the list this year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Oh I see David Carr and Vince Young aren't on the list this year.
Carr is on chance 3 or 4 I'm pretty sure and Young has gotten his 2nd chance with the same team that gave him his first one.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He was left off since he's already on his 2nd chance.....and he certainly isn't make the most of it, lol
however his first chance wasnt much of a chance, hes been looking impressively terrible this year though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Carr is on chance 3 or 4 I'm pretty sure and Young has gotten his 2nd chance with the same team that gave him his first one.
I think Carr is out of chances but I still mourn his presence in this annual discussion.

Vince is off for literally the opposite reason, I think he is now a TN fixture.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donovann McNabb!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I think Carr is out of chances but I still mourn his presence in this annual discussion.

Vince is off for literally the opposite reason, I think he is now a TN fixture.
Vince is going to be the bane of fantasy football fans everywhere...he just wins but god damn is it ugly sometimes. He looked good on the one preseason game I saw of his though. It was against the Cardinals.....so, I don't know how much you can take from it.....
Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a big believer in Trent Edwards early in his career, so Ill vote for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

If he isn't already, I think Edwards is going to be broken in the same way David Carr was by the end of this season.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I begrudgingly vote for Trent Edwards.

I could probably say Leinart just as easily. Or uneasily.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a little surprised in the lack of Jackson love...I was actually kind of expecting him to win since he seems to have been the least awful in his playing time.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus Russell!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Jamarcus Russell!
No. Ten char.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson would be my vote but I am not sure I believe in any of them.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am not sure I believe in any of them.
This is my vote.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of them will amount to a serviceable starter.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you put a gun to my head I guess I would go Trent Edwards but still blah.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JaMarcus Russell....

Lol no Id probably go with Leinart

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
1st WR Amari Cooper/Kevin White
2nd DE Eli Harold
3rd ILB Paul Dawson
4 TE Jesse James

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I have to win one game with any of these QB's, I'd easily take Tavaris Jackson. He's had some decent years and won't try to do more than he's capable of. I like how he's exhibited a team-first mindset through all of the Favre stuff.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
If I have to win one game with any of these QB's, I'd easily take Tavaris Jackson. He's had some decent years and won't try to do more than he's capable of. I like how he's exhibited a team-first mindset through all of the Favre stuff.
I thought that too about Jackson but when I was looking up stats before this poll, he actually hasn't been that good....the only year he threw more TDs than INTs was in 2008 when he only started 5 games.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't vote for Leinart because his standards are much higher than Edwards, Jackson, or Clemons. By that I mean, if all 4 guys had equal success in contrast to one another, Leinart would be considered the biggest disappointment of the group. If he has a second stint, then he's not going to be looked at positively considering his college prestige, draft placement, and him taking the reins of a playoff team and still not being able to succeed.

So that leads me to Edwards, TJax, and Clemons. I don't think Clemons will amount to much. He hasn't done anything in the NFL, and the Jets pretty much did everything they could to get a different QB when he was waiting in the wings (trading for Favre, trading up for Sanchez). So pass on him.

I'll take Edwards over Jackson. I don't think any of these guys will start anywhere else assuming they fail on their current teams. But I think Edwards can carve out a great niche as a backup who can occasionally start and perform. So far, he's had injury issues and has played on a bad team. But if you take him and put him on a talented team with an OL that can give him time,then I definitely think he improves into a borderline starting quality QB or better, assuming he stays healthy. We've seen what TJax can do on a stacked team. I think Edwards would out-perform him in the same situation.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I vote David Carr...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote