Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:02 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna do records, but I'll do standings.

AFC East
1. New England
2. Miami (Wildcard)
3. New York
4. Buffalo

AFC West
San Diego
Oakland
3. Denver
4. Kansas City

AFC North
1. Baltimore
2. Cincy (Wildcard)
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

AFC South
1. Tennessee
2. Houston
3. Indianapolis
4. Jacksonville

NFC East
1. New York
2. Washington
3. Dallas
4. Philadelphia

NFC West
1. SF
2. Seattle
3. Arizona
4. St. Louis

NFC North
1. New Orleans
2. Atlanta (Wildcard)
3. Carolina (Wildcard)
4. Tampa Bay

NFC North
1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Minnesota
4. Detroit

NFC Playoffs
Round 1:
(3)San Francisco
(6)Carolina

(4)New York
(5)Atlanta

Round 2:
(1)Green Bay
(4)New York

(2)New Orleans
(3)San Francisco

NFC Championship
(2)New Orleans
(4)New York

AFC Playoffs
Week 1:
(3)New England
(6)Cincinnati

(4)Tennessee
(5)Miami

Week 2:
(1)San Diego
(4)Tennessee

(2)Baltimore
(3)New England

AFC Championship:
(1)San Diego
(3)New England

Superbowl:

New York
vs
San Diego

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-03-2010 at 02:12 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah that's part of it, but even when they were healthy they weren't good. You don't give up 50 sacks in one season only because of injuries.
Not true. First half of the season: 37 sacks. Second half: 13. Getting Tauscher back was huge. Plus Clifton was out for four of those too. And we added Bulaga who should be starting over Colledge at LG. I'm really not too worried about our line if it's healthy. We're in much better shape to survive an injury if something should happen again too. It's certainly not a top 5 line or anything, but it'll work just fine at full strength.
Quote:
I agree that their passing game is going to be a pain in the ass to stop, they have a ton of weapons. But regardless of where there running game ranked last year no one is afraid of Ryan Grant. One dimensional teams don't normally win Super Bowls. Even the Saints quietly had a pretty damn good run game last year.
Ryan Grant gets so much **** on this board it's ridiculous. Since Week 8 of 2008 only Adrian Peterson has rushed for more yards and he's put up over 1,200 yards each of the past two seasons. What the hell does he have to do to get some respect on this site? I'm not saying he's Adrian Peterson, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's a good running back.

And yes we are a passing team, but don't give that one dimensional crap like we have no running game at all. Last season we were 14th in rushing yards with a 4.3 average. The Vikings were 13th in yards with a 4.1 average. So I guess if we're a one dimensional passing team, then so is Minnesota.

Last edited by GB12 : 08-29-2010 at 03:16 AM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I noticed everyone is hopping the Falcons at the moment, and I was shocked at the way the Falcons board looks when I was lurking there, seems very worried, and cautiously optimistic at best.

As for the NFC, the Saints and Vikings when healthy are clearly a step ahead of the rest. I don't see what the Packers or Cowboys done to put themselves in that category.
If you're going to use a qualifier like if healthy the giants, cowboys and packers are all as good as the Saints and Vikings. If healthy the giants pass D is dominant, if healthy the giants running game can roll over teams, if healthy eli and that passing game can do what it wants, when it wants and if healthy are run is adequate. If healthy is such a ridiculous qualifier in the NFL where no one is ever healthy come playoff time and when there's a lot of elite teams.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Who is your "we'll"? I see a dancer in your avatar and a German Soccer player in your signature. Germany had a nice run at the World Cup, but failed to win.
Actually that's a german soccer player in my avi as well, but that we is referring to the Giants. What I was saying was the pack may win more regular season games...skins + eagles > bears + lions...but the giants will do better in the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If you're going to use a qualifier like if healthy the giants, cowboys and packers are all as good as the Saints and Vikings. If healthy the giants pass D is dominant, if healthy the giants running game can roll over teams, if healthy eli and that passing game can do what it wants, when it wants and if healthy are run is adequate. If healthy is such a ridiculous qualifier in the NFL where no one is ever healthy come playoff time and when there's a lot of elite teams.
Disagree. Saints are dominant when healthy, they showed that last year. None of those teams showed they can dominate for extended amounts of time.

Once again though, the Saints passing is way underrated, because for some reason everyone seems to think their offense is on par with ours when we've been 1,1,4,1 offensively since Brees has been here.

Excuse me if I'm not sold on teams that have either Shaky QBs, shaky protection, or both. Honestly, with some of the meltdowns all of these teams had(really, all but the Vikings) I'm not sold on any of them having more than spurts of dominant play.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Disagree. Saints are dominant when healthy, they showed that last year. None of those teams showed they can dominate for extended amounts of time.

Once again though, the Saints passing is way underrated, because for some reason everyone seems to think their offense is on par with ours when we've been 1,1,4,1 offensively since Brees has been here.

Excuse me if I'm not sold on teams that have either Shaky QBs, shaky protection, or both. Honestly, with some of the meltdowns all of these teams had(really, all but the Vikings) I'm not sold on any of them having more than spurts of dominant play.
Giants, Cowboys and Packers have shaky QBs and protection? Since when? Eli, Romo and Rodgers are all in the second highest tier of NFL QBs and all 3 lines are solid, at the very least not much worse than the saints. Plus both NFC East teams should run the ball better with more talented defenses to balance the Saints' advantage in the passing game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Giants, Cowboys and Packers have shaky QBs and protection? Since when? Eli, Romo and Rodgers are all in the second highest tier of NFL QBs and all 3 lines are solid, at the very least not much worse than the saints. Plus both NFC East teams should run the ball better with more talented defenses to balance the Saints' advantage in the passing game.

Romo and Eli both have their shaky moments, and aren't up there with Rodgers. Cowboys and Giants both have huge question marks in pass protection. Packers have possibly the biggest.

Running game is debatable. We were 6th in yards and yards per carry and we started the year with Reggie Bush rehabbing his knee, and no Pierre Thomas at all.

Saints D is still getting underrated too, only the Vikings really gave us any problems when we were reasonably healthy. We stifled anyone and everyone else, and a few teams put up some points after the games were way out of reach when we were scoring 510 points.

Colts, Cardinals(who put up 50 on the top 2 D Packers), Pats(with street CBs), Giants, all got it put on them defensively, but we're still riding some lucky reputation.

Granted, our depth did kinda suck, and injuries to the secondary really exposed us late in the year.

I don't think we are unbeatable or anything, but I can't see a reasonably healthy Saints team losing to anyone in the Dome come playoff time.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 08-29-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Aaron Rodgers a 2nd tier QB? Despite getting sacked so much last year, some of it his own fault, he had 30 TDs and 7 INTs and was the best 3rd down QB in the league.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
How is Aaron Rodgers a 2nd tier QB? Despite getting sacked so much last year, some of it his own fault, he had 30 TDs and 7 INTs and was the best 3rd down QB in the league.
He's not. That's how.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Not gonna do records, but I'll do standings.

AFC East
1. New England
2. Miami (Wildcard)
3. New York
4. Buffalo

AFC West
1. Oakland
2. San Diego
3. Denver
4. Kansas City

AFC North
1. Baltimore
2. Cincy (Wildcard)
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

AFC South
1. Tennessee
2. Houston
3. Indianapolis
4. Jacksonville

NFC East
1. New York
2. Washington
3. Dallas
4. Philadelphia

NFC West
1. SF
2. Seattle
3. Arizona
4. St. Louis

NFC North
1. Atlanta
2. New Orleans (Wildcard)
3. Carolina (Wildcard)
4. Tampa Bay

NFC North
1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Minnesota
4. Detroit
This is what we're looking for here. OUT OF THE BOX.
Every year, there are a handful of surprises in the NFL, some positive and some negative. Who pegged the Bengals to win that division last year and sweep the Steelers & Ravens? Nobody. Who thought the Giants defense would be as bad as any in the NFL? Nobody.

But Indy finishing 3rd? Only if a rash of injuries hit them, which is possible.
San Diego finishing 2nd in that division.... bye bye Norv Turner. I like your NFC North standings. I'd pay for that to happen to the grapes finishing 3rd.

We have plenty of discussion here, but need more predictions. Ball-up.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers is like Brees before last year. He is elite. He is one of the best in the game. He doesn't have a ring.... yet. It is a matter of when, not if in my view.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Brees broke 5000 yards, broke the completion % record, led the top offense in the league 3 out of 4 years(4th in the other one), broke the completion record, was 1st in passer rating, was 1st in passing TD's twice, was 1st in yards twice, and 2nd another time(6th this year, and skipped a full game),

Rodgers highest passing TD finish is 4th, his highest yard total is 4th, his highest completion % is 9th, his highest passer rating is 4th.

Rodgers has put up a lot of nice numbers that land him top 5ish most of the time.

Brees was smashing records and leading the lead in multiple categories.

Big difference, and it's sad that Brees had to win a title before people even started giving him his props. Aaron Rodgers hasn't proven he's that kind of player even in the regular season, much less put together a perfect post season run like Drew has.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brees broke 5000 yards, broke the completion % record, led the top offense in the league 3 out of 4 years(4th in the other one), broke the completion record, was 1st in passer rating, was 1st in passing TD's twice, was 1st in yards twice, and 2nd another time(6th this year, and skipped a full game),

Rodgers highest passing TD finish is 4th, his highest yard total is 4th, his highest completion % is 9th, his highest passer rating is 4th.

Rodgers has put up a lot of nice numbers that land him top 5ish most of the time.

Brees was smashing records and leading the lead in multiple categories.

Big difference, and it's sad that Brees had to win a title before people even started giving him his props. Aaron Rodgers hasn't proven he's that kind of player even in the regular season, much less put together a perfect post season run like Drew has.
Right now, Brees is the best quarterback in the NFL, but you're making the same mistake you just accused so many other people of making by sleeping on Rodgers.

Throwing for 4,434 yards and 30 TDs against 7 INTs and a 103.2 passer rating all while being sacked 50 times is tremendous, regardless of what anyone else did. He also ran for 316 yards and another 5 TDs. He's an elite quarterback.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Not true. First half of the season: 37 sacks. Second half: 13. Getting Tauscher back was huge. Plus Clifton was out for four of those too. And we added Bulaga who should be starting over Colledge at LG. I'm really not too worried about our line if it's healthy. We're in much better shape to survive an injury if something should happen again too. It's certainly not a top 5 line or anything, but it'll work just fine at full strength.

Ryan Grant gets so much **** on this board it's ridiculous. Since Week 8 of 2008 only Adrian Peterson has rushed for more yards and he's put up over 1,200 yards each of the past two seasons. What the hell does he have to do to get some respect on this site? I'm not saying he's Adrian Peterson, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's a good running back.

And regarding the above conversation Aaron Rodgers is definitely elite.

And yes we are a passing team, but don't give that one dimensional crap like we have no running game at all. Last season we were 14th in rushing yards with a 4.3 average. The Vikings were 13th in yards with a 4.1 average. So I guess if we're a one dimensional passing team, then so is Minnesota.

Ugh. I don't know why you guys keep trying to compare Peterson to freaking Ryan Grant but the fact is Grant is a 4 yards and a cloud of dust type running back. Peterson is a gamechanger. Grant is Thomas Jones light, average at best. At the end of the day he'll put up pretty numbers but I guarantee defensive coordinators aren't worried about him.

And regarding the above conversation Aaron Rodgers is absolutely elite. If he can get over the holding the ball too long phase he's on Brees' level.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ugh. I don't know why you guys keep trying to compare Peterson to freaking Ryan Grant but the fact is Grant is a 4 yards and a cloud of dust type running back. Peterson is a gamechanger. Grant is Thomas Jones light, average at best. At the end of the day he'll put up pretty numbers but I guarantee defensive coordinators aren't worried about him.

And regarding the above conversation Aaron Rodgers is absolutely elite. If he can get over the holding the ball too long phase he's on Brees' level.
True. While Ryan Grant is very underrated, even by most spoiled Packer fans, he's not 'special' like Adrian Peterson is. There's no doubt about that. Grant's production, durability, and reliability thru 3 seasons playing has been great though. But Peterson is a game-changer and one guy who opposing defenses have to, and do, gameplan for. They did last year too, which is what freed up Sidney Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe, etc.

Rodgers holding the ball too long is a cliche, to the point that he's taken that label to take heat away from Colledge, Barbre, Lang, etc.
First, his OT's sucked last year for the first 8 games.
Second, many times he hangs on for an extra half second which lets his receiver get into a seam, and it results in big gains to Driver or Jennings.

He learned to do that as opposed to throwing it to covered guys by watching the last guy often force one a half-second too soon to avoid a hit, and that always ended seasons in the playoffs with forced interceptions.

See Philly playoff game, OT, 2004
See NYG NFC Title game, OT, 2008
See N.O. NFC Title game, 2010

Had that guy taken sacks or just thrown it away on those 3 plays, NFL history would be very different.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:03 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to do records either, but here's how I see the standings -

NFC NORTH
1 Minnesota
2 Green Bay
3 Chicago
4 Detroit

NFC SOUTH
1 New Orleans
2 Carolina
3 Atlanta
4 Tampa Bay

NFC WEST
1 Seattle
2 San Francisco
3 Arizona
4 St Louis

NFC EAST
1 New York Giants
2 Washington
3 Dallas
4 Philadelphia

AFC NORTH
1 Baltimore
2 Pittsburgh
3 Cincinnati
4 Cleveland

AFC SOUTH
1 Indianapolis
2 Tennessee
3 Houston
4 Jacksonville

AFC WEST
1 San Diego
2 Denver
3 Oakland
4 Kansas City

AFC EAST
1 New England
2 Miami
3 New York Jets
4 Buffalo
Old 08-30-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

nice picks notrickjames.

jets in 3rd place.
dallas in 3rd place.
seattle winning that division.

those are a bit out on a limb, which shows that you have ballz.

personally, i can't see anyone besides SF winning that soft division. but i've lost plenty of bets in my time.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I switched NO and Atlanta. Unless they suffer massive injuries, I think the Saints are going to be the real deal again and will hit the ground running.

I still think Atlanta and Carolina both make the playoffs as Wildcards, though. And I think Tampa will be much improved. My sleeper pick for the best division in the NFL next year.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I switched NO and Atlanta. Unless they suffer massive injuries, I think the Saints are going to be the real deal again and will hit the ground running.

I still think Atlanta and Carolina both make the playoffs as Wildcards, though. And I think Tampa will be much improved. My sleeper pick for the best division in the NFL next year.
I agree with you on Tampa. Im a believer. Freeman should be the real deal, and the defense has some really nice pieces. They're closer than most think IMO.

I don't think the division comes away with 3 playoff spots, but mainly because of the competition. I think the North has 2 of the top 4 teams in the conference, and the Giants could be in the mix as well (though I don't know how that defense translates with Perry Fewell).
Either way, I have Atlanta in the mix, and I can see Carolina making a push if they get a good year from the QB spot.
If Jimmy Clausen is who I think he is, this division could be the best in the NFL in a year or two.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I agree with you on Tampa. Im a believer. Freeman should be the real deal, and the defense has some really nice pieces. They're closer than most think IMO.

I don't think the division comes away with 3 playoff spots, but mainly because of the competition. I think the North has 2 of the top 4 teams in the conference, and the Giants could be in the mix as well (though I don't know how that defense translates with Perry Fewell).
Either way, I have Atlanta in the mix, and I can see Carolina making a push if they get a good year from the QB spot.
If Jimmy Clausen is who I think he is, this division could be the best in the NFL in a year or two.
Due to schedule and what I expect with be a bottoming out with Favre (either due to injury or poor performance - he's alternated between good and bad years pretty much every year since 2004). When you factor in how incredibly difficult their schedule is, I'm just not feeling it for them. With Favre as damaged goods and the WR corp hurting, their season pretty much rests on how well Bryant McKinnie, and that scares me.

If the Bears defense can find the fountain of youth and stay injury free, I could see them challenging the Vikings for the second spot in the division. The Lions should be vastly improved also. I see the Packers first and the Vikings third, and Chicago and Detroit in some order of two and four. I don't know which which it will be, between the two, though.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC NORTH
1 Green Bay: 14-2 (1)
2 Minnesota: 12-4 (5)
3 Detroit: 4-12
4 Chicago: 3-13

NFC EAST
1 Dallas: 14-2 (2)
2 New York: 10-6
3 Philadelphia: 6-10
4 Washington: 6-10

NFC SOUTH
1 New Orleans: 14-2 (3)
2 Atlanta: 11-5 (6)
3 Carolina: 3-13
4 Tampa Bay: 2-14

NFC WEST
1 San Francisco: 12-4 (4)
2 Seattle: 6-10
3 Arizona: 4-12
4 St Louis: 3-13

AFC NORTH
1 Cincinnati: 12-4 (3)
2 Baltimore: 11-5 (5)
3 Pittsburgh: 10-6
4 Cleveland: 1-15

AFC EAST
1 Miami: 11-5 (4)
2 New England: 10-6 (6)
3 New York: 9-7
4 Buffalo: 0-16

AFC SOUTH
1 Indianapolis: 13-3 (2)
2 Tennessee: 10-6
3 Houston: 7-9
4 Jacksonville: 5-11

AFC WEST
1 San Diego: 14-2 (1)
2 Kansas City: 10-6
3 Oakland: 4-12
4 Denver: 4-12

WILD CARD WEEKEND
Minnesota @ San Francisco - San Francisco
Atlanta @ New Orleans - New Orleans

New England @ Cincinnati - Cincinnati
Baltimore @ Miami - Baltimore

DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Baltimore @ Indianapolis - Indianapolis
Cincinnati @ San Diego - Cincinnati

New Orleans @ Dallas - New Orleans
San Francisco @ Green Bay - Green Bay

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Cincinnati @ Indianapolis - Cincinnati
New Orleans @ Green Bay - Green Bay

SUPERBOWL
Cincinnati Vs Green Bay - Cincinnati

P.S. all the records should be possible as I did them all in a table for accuracy.

Last edited by stephenson86 : 09-02-2010 at 10:25 AM.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

good job stephenson.
i'd hate to lose in the super bowl, but you got us there at least!
bengals have never won a super bowl yet have they?
welcome to the jungle might be back in cinci.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They just look like they could get on a total role, they have a team that is good for January, they have weapons galore on offense, their defense is stingy against the run and the pass. They don't seem to really have one weakness. Reckon they could overwhelm some fools.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
good job stephenson.
i'd hate to lose in the super bowl, but you got us there at least!
bengals have never won a super bowl yet have they?
welcome to the jungle might be back in cinci.
Im also liking the Bengals this season.
Im just not sold on Baltimore the more I think about it. That secondary is very thin and their passrush just isnt that good anymore. Seems like a bad mix.

Only problem for the Bengals is the QB spot. The offense has really nice weapons, a good line, and good backs. The defense has the best combo of starting corneres there is, very good linebackers, and an underrated line.
Whole season rests on Palmer. If he can finally regain form, they're a Super Bowl contender, if not, they have a hard time making the playoffs.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Im also liking the Bengals this season.
Im just not sold on Baltimore the more I think about it. That secondary is very thin and their passrush just isnt that good anymore. Seems like a bad mix.

Only problem for the Bengals is the QB spot. The offense has really nice weapons, a good line, and good backs. The defense has the best combo of starting corneres there is, very good linebackers, and an underrated line.
Whole season rests on Palmer. If he can finally regain form, they're a Super Bowl contender, if not, they have a hard time making the playoffs.
I have faith in him, I think he will feel very happy back there in the pocket.