Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this move probably helps out the Bengals on the field & in the locker room. They were, indeed, overcrowded at the wide receiver position. With Chad & T.O.'s contracts expiring after this season, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little worried for the future.

WR1 - Chad
WR2 - T.O.
Slot - Jordan Shipley
TE - Jermaine Gresham

vs.

WR1 - Chad
WR2 - Laverneus Coles
Slot - Andre Caldwell
TE - J.P. Foschi

...Beautiful. Our number 5/6 (Matt Jones/Quan Cosby) are likely better than our #2 guy a year ago. Though demoted, Andre Caldwell has been the talk of camp, mentioned as the team's most improved player. Hopefully Antonio can land on his feet.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals gamble a lot.

They gambled on Michael Johnson. It paid off. They gambled on Rey Rey, it paid off. They gambled on Andre Smith, and so far that's not working, Bryant didn't work, etc.

They hit some, they miss some. I think the past 2 drafts by them have been great though.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
How bad is his injury?
Quote:
One NFL medical person -- don't want to be too specific -- told me Sunday that the injury that is apparently plaguing fired Cincinnati wideout Antonio Bryant could be Chondral Defect of the knee. "If you're not looking for it, you won't find it,'' this official said. "It's a long-term knee problem that won't go away.'' The ailment refers to a complicated cartilage injury to the knee. Whether that's the exact injury plaguing Bryant or not, it's incredible that a team investigating a free-agent wide receiver who missed most of 2009 with a knee problem would have passed him on the physical this year, handed him a four-year, $28 million contract, and then watched as he practiced one time all summer in training camp before cutting him Sunday.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...29/mmqb/2.html
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Bengals gamble a lot.

They gambled on Michael Johnson. It paid off. They gambled on Rey Rey, it paid off. They gambled on Andre Smith, and so far that's not working, Bryant didn't work, etc.

They hit some, they miss some. I think the past 2 drafts by them have been great though.
Mike Brown likes to throw a lot of those guys in place & has a ton of faith in Marvin Lewis. They gamble a lot, yes, but it has them getting bargains left and right. T.O. for 2 mil, Pac-Man for small money, Bernard Scott in the 6th Round, Rey in the 2nd, Andre at 6th Overall (many thought he was a Top 3 player). There will obviously be times where it doesn't work out, but right now with a winning program it's pretty easy to get a lot of these guys to buy in. Cincy is a land of opportunity for some & they wind up showing some loyalty/behaving once they've been given that opportunity. Wins will keep this franchise together.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
I think this move probably helps out the Bengals on the field & in the locker room. They were, indeed, overcrowded at the wide receiver position. With Chad & T.O.'s contracts expiring after this season, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little worried for the future.

WR1 - Chad
WR2 - T.O.
Slot - Jordan Shipley
TE - Jermaine Gresham

vs.

WR1 - Chad
WR2 - Laverneus Coles
Slot - Andre Caldwell
TE - J.P. Foschi

...Beautiful. Our number 5/6 (Matt Jones/Quan Cosby) are likely better than our #2 guy a year ago. Though demoted, Andre Caldwell has been the talk of camp, mentioned as the team's most improved player. Hopefully Antonio can land on his feet.
Depending on how this season goes, I think Chad will stay and T.O. will likely follow suit giving another year for you guys to bring in a #1 or #2. Shipley is the perfect slot guy and might be able to excel at the 2 but a true number 1 is needed. Depth isn't a concern, it's the top of the depth chart recievers that the Bengals are in need of. With Chad playing like he has for the last couple of years, I think he has atleast 3 solid playing years left. This season makes or breaks T.O.'s future, however.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote