Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony G FTW

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time Gonzo touches a ball he is extending some kinda record be it yards,catches or TD's it's just ridiculous, with one catch this season he will be the first TE ever with 1000 catches, only six WR's have done that.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
What, you can't hold his college career against him, if anything it's in his favor.

Anyway I think #s wise Gates is going to top everybody. He's not even 30 and is BFF with his quarterback. Gonzalez is clearly the answer right now, but in 7 more seasons he's about 20 career TDs ahead of Antonio. That's not a lot.
I am not holding it against him but I am just saying I don't think he will catch up to Gonzo in terms of production because he won't play as many seasons. Gonzo is only 4 years older than Gates but has played for 6 more seasons. I think Gates might catch up in touchdowns but he won't in yards or receptions
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am not holding it against him but I am just saying I don't think he will catch up to Gonzo in terms of production because he won't play as many seasons. Gonzo is only 4 years older than Gates but has played for 6 more seasons. I think Gates might catch up in touchdowns but he won't in yards or receptions.
I could see that.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a pure receiver I would take Gates. His hands are disgusting, he catches the ball so well away from his body, and he is so good at using his body to create separation. He isn't the fastest TE, but he has more than enough speed. Gonzo is the slightly better blocker, IMO.

Gonzo is ridiculous, though. But if I got to choose between either one of them for one year in their prime, it would be Gates. But it's close enough that I wouldn't say anything if someone else chose Gonzo over him.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was anyone else surprised to see how few times Jason Witten has actually scored TDs?
Miniscule compared to the others.

I learned that the hard way last year in FF.
Bastard.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody means more to his team or his QB than Jason Witten.

Substitute clutch TE for receiving TE & that's Witten.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Nobody means more to his team or his QB than Jason Witten.

Substitute clutch TE for receiving TE & that's Witten.
I would contend that Gates absolutely takes that cake you handed to Witten there.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What, you can't hold his college career against him, if anything it's in his favor.

Anyway I think #s wise Gates is going to top everybody. He's not even 30 and is BFF with his quarterback. Gonzalez is clearly the answer right now, but in 7 more seasons he's about 20 career TDs ahead of Antonio. That's not a lot.
ughgh how could anyone be friends with this guy

antonio must be a loser hahaha
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

evan moore is a pretty good receiving tight end, we'll have to see how he does this year now that defenses know who he is
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I would contend that Gates absolutely takes that cake you handed to Witten there.
I agree Gates has been a #1 target throughout his whole career, TE or not, and one of the best. I was going to feel bad about arguing this point due to homeresque feelings but honestly, if not this thread, where?

Gates broke into the league surrounded by starting WRs like Eric 'damn you' Parker and 37 year old Keenan McCardell. Vincent Jackson didn't develop into a legit threat really until 08, before then it was Gates, Ladainian, and whoever was simply not covered because of the attention they drew.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated him so much, but that 2004 season by Gonzalez was probably the best I've ever seen at his position. I have to pick him. I would love to see Gates go for 1200-1300 receiving yards this season and he just might be able to do it.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I hated him so much, but that 2004 season by Gonzalez was probably the best I've ever seen at his position. I have to pick him. I would love to see Gates go for 1200-1300 receiving yards this season and he just might be able to do it.
Heh, I'm not so sure he has a choice, although I am a Naanee believer.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heh, I'm not so sure he has a choice, although I am a Naanee believer.
I thought you heard, this is going to be Buster Davis' breakout year!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I thought you heard, this is going to be Buster Davis' breakout year!!!
No no we're past that it's time to start the 'Take away Larry English's invisibility potion' campaign.

Help, I suck and no one knows why
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No no we're past that it's time to start the 'Take away Larry English's invisibility potion' campaign.

Help, I suck and no one knows why
Eeesh. I'm willing to give Larry another year, but damn man, are you even still alive? Have the Chargers coaches taken roll and determined if he's even been in the stadium this preseason?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
evan moore is a pretty good receiving tight end, we'll have to see how he does this year now that defenses know who he is
I hate Evan Moore he was so un-clutch at Stanford. Really though I'm glad he is making a name for himself in the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good was Kellen Winslow Jr supposed to be before those 2 stupid motorcycle accidents? Was the hype like HOF type good?

I remember reading for that year, si.com had him as "revolutionize the position" type good

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would have been very, very good. I would say Vernon Davis was more talented, but not as natural of a pass catcher.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
just not a good argument (as far as putting one guy above another guy). gonzalez and sharpe had *much* less around them. at least gates had LDT.

unless you want to call mark jackson, vance johnson and arthur marshall (and gaston green's 640 rushing yards) good.

gonzalez probably had it worse. he had elvis grbac (remember him?) throwing to derrick alexander, a garbage joe horn, and kevin lockett with the incredible donnell bennett putting up 627 rushing yards.

(i took both of their first pro bowl season's, since those were the first time they got meaningful PT)
Even under DV when Gonzo had the most talent around him the WR's were still average at best, the guy never played with a true #1 WR his whole time in KC.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Even under DV when Gonzo had the most talent around him the WR's were still average at best, the guy never played with a true #1 WR his whole time in KC.
EDDIE KENNISON?! Johnnie Morton?! Samie Parker?! Dante Hall?! Come on buddy, allllll studs.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to post something in this thread and completely forgot what it was I came to write.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

I'm guessing it was something about how awesome all those KC wr's were.

Because that's the truth.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really is kind of sad that for years the best WR we had was Eddie freaking Kennison. He was an alright player but no one would ever mistake him for a weapon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzalez, but I'd really like to say Gates. That guy is/was ridiculous.