Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Xbox 360: Good or Bad?

Look at the poll. I'm considering buying one soon. Will it compete with all of the other new systems coming out?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like mine, but I never had the ole Xbox

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't afford a next gen system and ever since my XBOX started to not read disks, I have been too afraid to get a Next Gen System.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 360 is worth every cent.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love mine. If you're worried about all the problems with it, just do what I do (I haven't had any problems):

1. Make sure that all sides of the 360 and power brick are in open space, and that the bottom is on a flat surface (like wood)

2. NEVER move and definitely NEVER tilt your 360 with a game inside. I know this seems obvious, but you should see what some people do.

3. Take out a game before powering off your 360. I've found it's just plain better for the game and the console.

4. If you know you're done for the day, unplug the console if you are able to conveniently, either by plug or power brick.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:08 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Seeing as both systems are almost exactly the same graphics wise, (PS3 and XBox 360), it all depends on the games you want. The 360 has some amazing upcoming games, like Dead Rising, Gears of War, Lost Planet, Saint's Row, Huxley, and many more. It's also a lot cheaper. For me it was a pretty obvious decision, especially since i have never really liked the dual shock controller.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

360 is awesome. I;m addicted to ghost recon.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

I forgot.

XBOX LIVE! Yes, yes i know PS3 has online. Yes, I know it's supposed to be free. But, you have to know that when you're paying for something, your money usually goes somewhere. When you pay for Xbox live you're paying for the servers. This guarantees better connections and that games will always be playable. For playstation the gaming companies must pay for their own server upkeep, and that's why many games were not online. It's expensive. For XBox, Microsoft pays for the servers. Therefore more games can be online.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:21 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
The 360 is worth every cent.
Definitely.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I would say stick with a PS2, if you have that already. It's all a matter of opinion, but right now there is not a game that I feel I must have on next gen. In other words, I don't feel that I need to make the 400+ dollar purchase just yet, because frankly, there are no must have games. Thats just my opinion. If you see a game or two that you feel justifies spending that amount of money then go for it.

Also, online cost some money also for X Box, which some people will be all for and some people won't like. I really don't want to spend 50 dollars to play Madden or Fiffa online, but thats just me.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dunno abotu 360 i heard a rumour it was jsut a stopgap until PS comes out, and then there wil be a new xbox available
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very Good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score
i dunno abotu 360 i heard a rumour it was jsut a stopgap until PS comes out, and then there wil be a new xbox available
You heard wrong.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:
You heard wrong.
yeah man i didnt know thats jsut wat i heard. Liek they were gunna release an updated 360 or something. Cause apparently pS3 is the shiznat. Like for real apparently its through the roof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You heard wrong.
yeah man i didnt know thats jsut wat i heard. Liek they were gunna release an updated 360 or something. Cause apparently pS3 is the shiznat. Like for real apparently its through the roof.
"English MF! Do you speak it?" ~ Jules Winnfield
Old 06-10-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You heard wrong.
Nope, the current one will stay. The PS3 won't be that much better (if at all) than the 360 either. It's really nothing all that special.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the 360 a lot.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You heard wrong.
My god your typing is horrible.

Specs wise the PS3 does have an edge. With that said, even PS3 game developers have said it isn't big enough to be much of a difference. They've said that all PS3 games could be played on the 360. The difference is essentially nothing. The rumour you heard was that Xbox 360 would release a huge update that would help combat the PS3, which they may or may not do.

Once again, it's all about the games, and personal preference.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get a Wii60. meaning you get both the Wii and the Xbox 360 for the price of the ps3

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard game developers were having a hard time making games for the ps3 because its TOO powerful.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
I heard game developers were having a hard time making games for the ps3 because its TOO powerful.
Technically. It uses a cell proccessor that can make pretty graphics, but is INCREDIBLY hard to program for.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Technically. It uses a cell proccessor that can make pretty graphics, but is INCREDIBLY hard to program for.
Actually, the graphics capability for both systems are almost exactly the same. The problem is that Playstation basically lied about a lot of things.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Actually, the graphics capability for both systems are almost exactly the same. The problem is that Playstation basically lied about a lot of things.
I disagree, even though I'm a Microsoft fanboy. Sure, the Killzone "tech demo" was fake, but I actually like the graphics for Resistance: Fall of Man on PS3 more than Gears of War (I'm still definitely buying Gears of War, though).

Old 06-10-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
I disagree, even though I'm a Microsoft fanboy. Sure, the Killzone "tech demo" was fake, but I actually like the graphics for Resistance: Fall of Man on PS3 more than Gears of War (I'm still definitely buying Gears of War, though).
I don't care if you disagree, because if you look at the specs, you see that they back up exactly what i said. The capabilities are the same graphics wise.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Resistance

Gears of War