Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
**** Jake Delhomme, **** the NFL's fine happy policy, **** the man.

Suh will not be contained by mere mortals.
cosigned!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think it was so bad when I watched the game. But, reviewing it now, Jake's knees were already down and the twist & slam throwing him to the ground was completely unnecessary. Definitely worthy of a big fine.

I also agree that Lions fans should love to see the intensity.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The face mask wasn't intentional as he kind of jump and ended up grabbing it, the ripping down obviously was more intentionla. He thought Delhomme had the ball still though per what Suh said. I really hope he destroys some QBs with his non stop death motor. You hear that... Thats sound of Rodgers,Favre and Cutler crapping their pants out of fear simultaneously.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just watched it again....******* awesome. throwing a guy down like that is just part of football, the facemask/headlock might be fine worthy but you are certainly allowed to throw a ball carrier down, he just didnt have the ball lol
Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
The face mask wasn't intentional as he kind of jump and ended up grabbing it, the ripping down obviously was more intentionla. He thought Delhomme had the ball still though per what Suh said. I really hope he destroys some QBs with his non stop death motor. You hear that... Thats sound of Rodgers,Favre and Cutler crapping their pants out of fear simultaneously.
Cheesehead Nation won't mind seeing Suh throwing Favre around and down like a whiny, b*tchy ragdoll.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Aahahahahahaahhaha.

OMG he doesn't have 11 sacks by the 3rd pre-season game bust!11!!!!1

OMG I totally can't believe the Lions took a bust that high, he's so disappointing at this point it's not even funny.
Amusing yourself?:D He's barely began his nfl career but it's all anyone has to go on so far. One of the most dominant college players ever. I've watched every Det. preseason game and I'd say he's underwhelmed considering that dominance and the mountain of draft hype. But the #1 pick sure looks like a #1 overall pick, even this early on. Nobody's talking bust,that would be funny-talking about those Suh-sized expectations. Everything is there but he's not hit the floor running like I thought he would. Lion fans? how bout it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just a fan of clean hits when both guys get up. They are usually the most vicious looking anyway like when Sheldon Brown exploded Reggie Bush. If Suh hit Delhomme like he does in his commercial or the Sports Science clip, more power to him, but that hit was just dumb.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Amusing yourself?:D He's barely began his nfl career but it's all anyone has to go on so far. One of the most dominant college players ever. I've watched every Det. preseason game and I'd say he's underwhelmed considering that dominance and the mountain of draft hype. But the #1 pick sure looks like a #1 overall pick, even this early on. Nobody's talking bust,that would be funny-talking about those Suh-sized expectations. Everything is there but he's not hit the floor running like I thought he would. Lion fans? how bout it?
he simply over powered everyone in college. i wasnt really expecting him to do that from day one in the pros, hes gotta become much more technical. hell i saw trai ******* essex handle him in the first preseason game. i guarantee i can throw up more on the bench than essex, hes probably the weakest interior linemen in the league, hes a 330 pound finesse player....but suh will come around when his game gets tightened up
Old 08-31-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't even remember who the second preseason game was against with the Lions, but Suh, Vanden Bosch, and Avril were getting after it which made the Browns-Lions game a quality test for both lines. The Browns just have a quality offensive line and he was mostly neutralized.

Corey Williams still sucks
Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I don't even remember who the second preseason game was against with the Lions, but Suh, Vanden Bosch, and Avril were getting after it which made the Browns-Lions game a quality test for both lines. The Browns just have a quality offensive line and he was mostly neutralized.

Corey Williams still sucks
Ha, I remember Corey Williams.

******* Phil Savage man....dude got to spend like a drunken sailor at port for a weekend and came back with absolutely nothing to show for it.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One of three things I think: You either missed much of the Detroit-Denver game, you weren't paying much attention to #90 during that game, or you think spending much of the day in the opposing team's backfield and freeing up defensive ends to get pressure is "underwhelming."

I've been impressed by Suh so far. He hasn't dominated consistently or played like an all-pro, but I can't complain. He barely played at all against Pittsburgh, but was very impressive against the Broncos. I thought he played well against the Browns. He didn't dominate one-on-ones but drew his fair share of double teams. He signed late and barely played in the first preseason game. I'm not about to start worrying because he didn't dominate the world in his first large amount of playing time in his NFL career.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Ha, I remember Corey Williams.

******* Phil Savage man....dude got to spend like a drunken sailor at port for a weekend and came back with absolutely nothing to show for it.
He did a few good things... Joe Thomas, Eric Wright, Shaun Rogers, Lawrence Vickers, and Athyba Rubin. Corey Williams though... ugh.

But what's really funny about Savage is that Chris Mortensen, when he comes on Cleveland radio, will talk about how Savage was just about to turn the corner as a GM and was gonna come into his own...
Old 08-31-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amusing yourself?:D He's barely began his nfl career but it's all anyone has to go on so far. One of the most dominant college players ever. I've watched every Det. preseason game and I'd say he's underwhelmed considering that dominance and the mountain of draft hype.
Obviously. But it was funny as hell to read someone say that a rookie is trying to live up to his hype, and is coming up short, after 3 pre-season games. In case you weren't aware, he doesn't play RB so he can just rack up a bunch of rushing yards right away, there is alot of technique that goes into playing DT, you should, you know, maybe wait for some regular season games before trying to form an opinion or saying that he's failing to live up to some sort of hype.

Quote:
But the #1 pick sure looks like a #1 overall pick, even this early on. Nobody's talking bust,that would be funny-talking about those Suh-sized expectations. Everything is there but he's not hit the floor running like I thought he would. Lion fans? how bout it?

Oh cool. So that's the end of the discussion because 1 guy looked better in a pre-season game as a rookie? I love how pre-season is so important to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ Delhomme

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Cheesehead Nation won't mind seeing Suh throwing Favre around and down like a whiny, b*tchy ragdoll.
How about Aaron Rodgers considering your o-line has been horrendous in recent years.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread

TEAM SUH

TEAM DELHOMME
Old 09-02-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Reggie Bush's first carry in his first preseason. I was positive he was going t o average 28 yards per carry after that, for the rest of his career.

Oh Preseason, you won't fool me again!!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/22894429029

$7,500 fine for Suh.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
7500 well spent

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote