Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'd have Big Ben ahead of Eli, and maybe Favre. McNabb and Palmer over Eli I find boggling. An argument can be made for McNabb, but not Palmer. It's definitely a better looking Top 10 though, imo.
I just would hate to have Big Ben as my team's QB because dude's a tard. Even if he does everything perfectly off the field from now until the end of his career he'll still be a tard and that shows on the field when he makes dumb decisions and doesn't control and command his offense like Eli. Plus Eli's one of the few QBs in the NFL that Big Ben isn't clutcher than, which is his best attribute.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I just would hate to have Big Ben as my team's QB because dude's a tard. Even if he does everything perfectly off the field from now until the end of his career he'll still be a tard and that shows on the field when he makes dumb decisions and doesn't control and command his offense like Eli. Plus Eli's one of the few QBs in the NFL that Big Ben isn't clutcher than, which is his best attribute.
ben is way more clutch than eli.....i dont even think thats a contest, maybe a little homer of me but not completely out of the question.

he makes dumb decisions but for every one of those he has a huge play. its give and take with ben

you dont see ben blow many games, but you see him win them by himself since he has the worst playcaller imaginable calling the plays and has to improvise everything

/homerism end

Last edited by K Train : 08-31-2010 at 02:04 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
ben is way more clutch than eli.....i dont even think thats a contest, maybe a little homer of me but not completely out of the question.

he makes dumb decisions but for every one of those he has a huge play. its give and take with ben
Eli is VERY clutch himself! One of the beat writers documented some of his comebacks. Hence Eli flies under the radar due to the system we run. Notice how he had a career year when we gave him the ball and asked him to produce. We had no defense and no RB, and basically said, you need to score just as much as the other team otherwise we have no chance. That was his sink or swim moment, and he had a career year.

This is from 2008.

Quote:
September 22, 2008
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...#ixzz0NLmlCDJZ

Eli is 'The Comeback Kid'
If you were surprised by what Eli Manning did yesterday, or even by what he did in Super Bowl XLII, you shouldn’t have been. Throughout his entire short career, he has absolutely been The Comeback Kid.

In his 64 career starts, including the playoffs, Manning has rallied the Giants out of a fourth-quarter hole to either take the lead or tie the game an amazing 16 times. Eleven times, including yesterday’s 26-23 overtime win over the Cincinnati Bengals, the comeback has resulted in a win.
And if that doesn’t impress you, consider this: The Giants have trailed in the fourth quarter in 38 of Manning’s 64 starts - more than half. Yet he’s rallied them to win 28.9% of those times. So if the Giants trail in the final 15 minutes, Manning has basically given them a one-in-three shot to win.
Here is the breakdown, comeback by comeback. Notice, too, that 7 of the 11 have come since the beginning of last year:

2004 SEASON

Jan. 2 (2005) - Giants 28, Dallas 24. Giants trail 24-21 with 11 seconds remaining when Manning, then a rookie, famously audibles out of a doomed pass play into a Tiki Barber run. Barber goes three yards up the middle for a touchdown and Manning’s first win.

2005 SEASON

Oct. 16 - Cowboys 16, Giants 13. Manning leads the Giants down the field for a game-tying touchdown with 19 seconds left in regulation (one drive after Brandon Jacobs fumbled at the Dallas 1). Cowboys go on to win in OT on a 45-yard field goal by Jose Cortez

Oct. 23 - Giants 24, Broncos 23. Maybe his most famous regular-season comeback. Down 13 with 13 minutes left, Manning rallies the Giants and eventually hits Amani Toomer with a game-winning touchdown with 5 seconds to go.

Nov. 13 – Vikings 24, Giants 21. Manning overcomes ugly, four-interception day by leading a touchdown drive (and two-point conversion) to tie the game with 1:21 remaining. But defense falls apart and Vikings deservedly win on a 48-yard field goal with 10 seconds left.

Nov. 27 – Seattle 24, Giants 21. This should’ve been a win. Down 21-13 with 4:33 remaining, Manning leads Giants to a tie on a touchdown pass (and two-point conversion) with 1:59 left). He also sets up three ensuing Jay Feely field goal tries (40 at the end of regulation, and 54 and 45 in OT) but Feely misses them all.

2006 SEASON

Sept. 17 – Giants 30, Eagles 24. Trailng 24-7 entering the fourth quarter,
Manning engineers his biggest rally in his best game (31 for 45, 371 yards, three TDs), tying the game with a field goal drive in the final seconds. He won it on a a 31-yard pass to Plaxico Burress late in OT with two Eagles defenders about to hit him on a blitz.

Nov. 5 – Giants 14, Texans 10. Not very dramatic, but the Giants did trail 10-7 entering the fourth quarter. The game-winner was a TD pass to Jeremy Shockey with 7:49 to go.

Dec. 3 – Cowboys 23, Giants 20. The Giants are down by a touchdown in the final minutes, but Manning rallies and hits Burress with a 5-yard TD pass with 1:06 remaining. Unfortunately, Cowboys K Martin Gramatica wins it with one second to spare.

Jan. 7 (2007) – Eagles 23, Giants 20. Trailing 20-13, the Giants overcame a 2nd-and-30 and Manning ended up tying the game with an 11-yard TD pass to Burress with 5:04 left. Of course, the defense couldn’t hold and K David Akers eliminated the Giants from the playoffs as time expired.

2007 SEASON

Sept. 23 – Giants 24, Redskins 17. The Giants trail 17-10 as the fourth quarter begins, but score twice in the final 12:33, including a 33-yard TD to Burress with 5:32 remaining. Of course, the defense saves everyone with a last-second goal-line stand.

Oct. 7 – Giants 35, Jets 24. Giants trail by a field goal entering the fourth, but take the lead on a 47-yard catch-and-run by Burress. They put the Jets away for good on Aaron Ross’ interception return for a touchdown with 3:15 to play.

Dec. 2 – Giants 21, Bears 16. With their season slipping away, the Giants trail 16-7 before scoring twice in the final 6:54. The game-winning 2-yard run by Reuben Droughns (set up by a brilliant pass to Burress) comes with 1:33 remaining.

Dec. 23 – Giants 38, Bills 21. Technically this goes in Manning’s column, though he had little to do with it on a day he fumbled five times. The Giants did trail 21-17 in the fourth, though, before two interception returns for touchdowns and an 88-yard TD run by Ahmad Bradshaw made it a blowout.

Jan. 13 (2008) – Giants 21, Cowboys 17. It was a fourth-quarter comeback, but only barely. The Giants trailed 17-14 before a Brandon Jacobs’ on-yard touchdown run, 2:24 into the fourth quarter put them up for good. Manning’s best moment was a touchdown drive in the final seconds of the first half. And don’t forget R.W. McQuarters’ game-ending INT to seal the deal.

Feb. 3 (2008) – Giants 17, Patriots 14. Down 14-10 with 2:39 to go against the undefeated New England Patriots, Manning calmly jogged out onto the … oh, you know the rest.

2008 SEASON

Sept. 21 – Giants 26, Bengals 23. Down 20-16 with 4:39 left, Manning leads them to a go-ahead TD to Kevin Boss with 1:50 left. The Bengals rally to kick a FG at the end of regulation, but Manning connects on a couple of big passes to set up the game-winning field goal in OT.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...#ixzz0NQAwPiAi

’08 GB-Giants
’09-10 Giants @ Cowboys Eli with a come back win
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean im not saying eli ISNT, im saying ben is better than eli and has an impressive resume of 4th quarter/OT, playoff, and superbowl come from behind wins himself.

again im not really knocking eli, i like eli alright
Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Peyton
Brees
Brady

Rivers

Rodgers

Eli
Romo
Favre
Big Ben

Schaub

Seems like a much better top ten.
You're telling me there's a gap in between Rivers and Rodgers? Humor me some more by trying to logic that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
This is how I'd have it:

1-2. Brees/Manning in some order
3. Brady
4. Rivers
5. Rodgers
6-8. Manning/Roethlisberger/Favre in some order
9. Romo
10. Schaub
For me:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Philip Rivers
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Schaub
8. Tony Romo
9. Ben Roethlisberger*

*would be at 5/6 if he wasn't so inconsistent and off the field bad.

** No Favre, boycotting him.

Last edited by Shiver : 08-31-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elite
1) Peyton Manning
2) Brees
3) Brady
Nearly Elite
4) Rodgers
5) Rivers
Very Good
6) Favre
7) Roethlisberger
8 ) Eli Manning
9) Romo
Good
10) Schaub
11) McNabb
12) Ryan
13) Flacco
Average
14) Cutler
15) Young
16) Orton
17) Palmer
18 ) Hasselbeck
Okay
19) Stafford
20) Henne
21) Freeman
22) Campbell
23) Sanchez
24) Kolb
25) Moore
Bad
26) Bradford
27) Garrard
28 ) Smith
29) Cassell
Disgustingly Awful
30) Delhomme
31) Anderson
32) Edwards

That was done fairly quickly, I may tweak things if I think about it a bit longer, but thats my rankings in a nutshell.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
For me:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Philip Rivers
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Schaub
8. Tony Romo
9. Ben Roethlisberger*

Me likey your list.

The top three guys are pretty much interchangeable. I think Brees has definitely earned the top spot, but if this is a projection of 2010, I'm with you on Brady. He's gonna have another "F U" year.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 08-31-2010 at 02:26 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For me:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Philip Rivers
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Schaub
8. Tony Romo
9. Ben Roethlisberger*

I guess I ought to clarify some things:

Biggest movers up this past year were Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning and Matt Schaub.

Aaron Rodgers may be the most dangerous QB in the game and it is only a matter of time until he racks up the MVP, Super Bowl, OPotY trophies.

Eli Manning took a long time to develop. From about 2005-2007 I began to doubt he ever would. Ever since that playoff run in the 2007 playoffs (because he was awful in the regular season that year, thank God for defense and the run game) he has blossomed into a mature, accurate passer who can flat out make plays. Last year was his first of what I think will be a pattern of 4,000 yard seasons.

(hopefully it doesn't take Matt Ryan three plus years to develop...)

Matt Schaub is one of the most accurate passers, he runs that offense near perfectly. If I wanted someone to run my team he is right up there. The longevity isn't there yet, especially with durability concerns from the past, but on the field he is an elite playmaker. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he is in everyone's top-5 next year.

Roethlisberger went way down. The QB has to instill confidence in the team and he just doesn't. As I mentioned earlier his career has been a roller coaster of off the field problems and entire seasons of spotty play. You never know what you will get from him.

Last edited by Shiver : 08-31-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more curious to know how the following guys will shape up in the coming years:

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Chad Henne
Sam Bradford
Mark Sanchez
Matt Stafford

Flacco is a more mobile, less douchebag version of Ben, Matt Ryan is almost identical to Eli so far, its scary how similar they are. Henne is slept on, he's like a poor man's Flacco, Stafford is like Cutler.

I can't think of any analogies for Sanchez and Bradford yet.

I am curious to see how those guys pan out and how they rank out in the coming years.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm more curious to know how the following guys will shape up in the coming years:

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Chad Henne
Sam Bradford
Mark Sanchez
Matt Stafford

Flacco is a more mobile, less douchebag version of Ben, Matt Ryan is almost identical to Eli so far, its scary how similar they are. Henne is slept on, he's like a poor man's Flacco, Stafford is like Cutler.

I can't think of any analogies for Sanchez and Bradford yet.

I am curious to see how those guys pan out and how they rank out in the coming years.
ben is very mobile....flacco can look like a statue back there sometimes, not sure where you are getting that opinion from.

i get the douchebag part though
Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ben is very mobile....flacco can look like a statue back there sometimes, not sure where you are getting that opinion from.

i get the douchebag part though
Both are mobile. Ben is tougher to bring down, but slightly slower. Both have wiggle to them though.

Both have huge arms. Both rely on those huge arms probably more than they should. Both can do a better job of presnap adjustments but both make it work regardless.

I'd say Flacco does a better job of anticipating routes, but Ben is more of a playmaker.

I can talk about these guys for hours, I've studied all of them pretty extensively. I just usually stay out of these convos bc it doesn't really go anywhere.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
4. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Eli Manning
9. Matt Schaub
10. Tony Romo

Old 08-31-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
4. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Eli Manning
9. Matt Schaub
10. Tony Romo
Good call, our top 10 is identical, except I have Romo/Schaub switched.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i mean im not saying eli ISNT, im saying ben is better than eli and has an impressive resume of 4th quarter/OT, playoff, and superbowl come from behind wins himself.

again im not really knocking eli, i like eli alright
I know, I am just saying he is better than people realize. You see, I said it on this MB as well as others, but we failed in epic fashion in developing him quickly.

You guys had a great young offensive mind in Whisenhunt, while Rivers had Cam Cameron who developed Brees and Rivers.

We had Hufangel who got fired and now is out of the NFL. We had to promote Gilbride and then hire Chris Palmer who developed Eli into the QB he is, and he is getting better.

The problem is our system isn't a passing one like all these other QBs. So Eli will never get the eye popping stats as Ben or Rivers in the Air Croyell system.

Like Coughlin says, our identity is run the football, control the clock, and attack the passer. Sadly, Eli's numbers will never be eye popping. Last season was great to see from the prespective that we had no defense or running game. So Eli had to do everything, and still had a career year. Imagine that ALL the time like other QBs in different systems.

Make no mistake Eli has as much talent as the top QBs, but stick in a system, where it's run the ball with Bradshaw, Jacobs, and so on.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I base Super Bowl rings in this heavily, and obviously based on last year. Also how I think they'll do this coming season.

1a) Peyton Manning
1b) Drew Brees
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Tom Brady
5) Big Ben
6) Matt Schaub
7) Philip Rivers
8) Donovan McNabb
9) Brett Favre
10) Joe Flacco

I believe Big Ben will do very well when he comes back.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Coughlin better wise up, and fast. The Giants offense is slanted heavily towards the pass now when it comes to talent. They need to unleash Manning, Smith, Nicks, etc. and play like New England does. Brandon Jacobs is terrible and Ahmad Bradshaw might break his foot getting off the bus.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Coughlin better wise up, and fast. The Giants offense is slanted heavily towards the pass now when it comes to talent. They need to unleash Manning, Smith, Nicks, etc. and play like New England does. Brandon Jacobs is terrible and Ahmad Bradshaw might break his foot getting off the bus.
We might be the only team in the league that runs an iform heavy offense.

Our offense is so dated.

We probably will try to establish the run early, but will see it fail bc our oline can't block anymore, and will go back to more 3 WR sets out of necessity. My concern is we don't pass protect very well either, so unless the oline really wakes up, its going to be a long season offensively.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No, I think last year was an aberration. ALL our Rbs were hurt, which reminded me of the Packers not to long ago, where they signed Gado. Now everyone is healthy, so we will see. The OL needs to get healthier, and I don;t mind next draft spending picks to get younger there.

Bradshaw is fine now. He actually played through his injuries. As a coach, you can't complain if the player is busting his butt playing with 2 bum ankles. That's heart right there, and probably helped him start over Jacobs now.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Good call, our top 10 is identical, except I have Romo/Schaub switched.
I probably underrated Romo but I can't find anything I like more of his than anyone else on the list. I've never been a Romo fan, and yet he's done nothing for me to dislike him.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Draft Ahmad Bradshaw my fellow swdc posters. He's going to be a steal in the 4th round of your drafts.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Draft Ahmad Bradshaw my fellow swdc posters. He's going to be a steal in the 4th round of your drafts.
Is Jackson pretty much done? I have him in a league and am thinking about trading him now.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford should have been first.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Both are mobile. Ben is tougher to bring down, but slightly slower. Both have wiggle to them though.

Both have huge arms. Both rely on those huge arms probably more than they should. Both can do a better job of presnap adjustments but both make it work regardless.

I'd say Flacco does a better job of anticipating routes, but Ben is more of a playmaker.

I can talk about these guys for hours, I've studied all of them pretty extensively. I just usually stay out of these convos bc it doesn't really go anywhere.
fair enough....id even say flacco is a better passer than ben, but alot of QBs are. ive been saying that for years that ben is a great QB but not the best pure passer. it might be a little vague but i think guys like palmer, eli, rivers, flacco, ryan, are all much better passers than ben because they stick to fundamentals and for the most part make good decisions. but i think ben is a better overall QB than them with his clutch ability, his toughness to bring down, improvising skills, ability to avoid pressure and make plays down field. ben has guys in his face all all the time and still make plays, you get guys in flaccos face and he throws into the dirt. i remember like 8 straight passes the steelers forced flacco to just straight up throw the ball to the WRs feet

ben makes what seems to be idiotic decisions all the time, but half the time you are like....well damn, it wasnt pretty but it was effective. maybe ben could be a 4000+ yard passer on a regular basis but you could put a brick wall oline in front of him and hed still roll out, get hit unnecessarily, hold the ball too long, force the ball somewhere not everyone would which is why i understand when people have a hard time putting him on their top 5s because he does come off as inconsistent sometimes.

i just dont think he should be left off the lists because hes a douchebag, because he certainly is and always has been.

/end rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I know, I am just saying he is better than people realize. You see, I said it on this MB as well as others, but we failed in epic fashion in developing him quickly.

You guys had a great young offensive mind in Whisenhunt, while Rivers had Cam Cameron who developed Brees and Rivers.

We had Hufangel who got fired and now is out of the NFL. We had to promote Gilbride and then hire Chris Palmer who developed Eli into the QB he is, and he is getting better.

The problem is our system isn't a passing one like all these other QBs. So Eli will never get the eye popping stats as Ben or Rivers in the Air Croyell system.

Like Coughlin says, our identity is run the football, control the clock, and attack the passer. Sadly, Eli's numbers will never be eye popping. Last season was great to see from the prespective that we had no defense or running game. So Eli had to do everything, and still had a career year. Imagine that ALL the time like other QBs in different systems.

Make no mistake Eli has as much talent as the top QBs, but stick in a system, where it's run the ball with Bradshaw, Jacobs, and so on.
valid points...but as you see from my post above i personally dont think numbers always tell the whole story. eli is more than good enough for me to have in the top 10...hes right behind ben/rivers/rodgers along with favre/schaub/ryan which is not bad company to be in at all
Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Big Ben comes back from his suspension and plays very, very well and keeps his nose clean this offseason and possibly next, where would you rank him? On his play alone, I think he's a top 5-6 QB, yet his off the field acts need to stop.