Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,041
Reputation: 153
remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I like Maroney alot but I do think some of his success came from the fact that they had Dillon. I think getting a guy like Leonard that can also be a weapon in the passing and running game from FB would be a great move for the Pats. They really don't have any glaring needs after signing talents at LB and WR and signing back Samual. I think adding Leonard would add another dimension to their offense and give Brady yet another weapon to use.
the point of this thread isnt wether Patriots could use Leonard or not. Its more along the lines of your opinions on SmashMouth saying "Leonard is faster and quicker than Maroney and would be a FEATURED back Patriots need"

He doesnt think Maroney is faster/quick than Leonard and doesnt believe hes good enough to start so he wants Leonard to start at RB :\
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:07 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I agree Leonard would be a good pick for the Patriots and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he gets taken at 28 by them, in fact I have my mock saying that they will.

I disagree that the Pats need a feature back and that Leonard is a better back than Maroney.

Im a big fan of Maroney and I think he can be a starter, but he did great in a dual HB system last year and in this day and age you dont want your backfield to be too thin. Leonard would be a real nice addition to the Pats because he can be a backup runner and he is a tough inside runner which is really the only weakness in Maroney's game (although I think hes underrated in that regard) Leonard would also fit in real well with a team like the Pats that like to use their backs in the passing game because he is a great receiver.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,041
Reputation: 153
remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
I agree Leonard would be a good pick for the Patriots and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he gets taken at 28 by them, in fact I have my mock saying that they will.

I disagree that the Pats need a feature back and that Leonard is a better back than Maroney.

Im a big fan of Maroney and I think he can be a starter, but he did great in a dual HB system last year and in this day and age you dont want your backfield to be too thin. Leonard would be a real nice addition to the Pats because he can be a backup runner and he is a tough inside runner which is really the only weakness in Maroney's game (although I think hes underrated in that regard) Leonard would also fit in real well with a team like the Pats that like to use their backs in the passing game because he is a great receiver.
Maroney's weakness isnt inside running..most of his yards came there because thats where we ran him most :\
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Maroney's weakness isnt inside running..most of his yards came there because thats where we ran him most :\
you did see that I said I think hes extremely underrated in that department right? Hes not a back whos thought of as a pounder in between the tackles, but honestly I think he's a very complete back.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,270
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What if Leonard were black?

.....

Sorry, but I think, unknowingly, we all have the tendency to judge based off of that factor. Not intentionally, but it is, what it is. I personally think he would be very good in a committee R.B.B.C situation. That said; Maroney is much better than he is. To suggest otherwise is crazy, in my estimation.
__________________


Last edited by Shiver : 03-20-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
What if Leonard were black?

.....

Sorry, but I think, unknowingly, we all have the tendency to judge based off of that factor. Not intentionally, but it is, what it is. I personally think he would be very good in a committee R.B.B.C situation. That said; Maroney is much better than he is. To suggest otherwise is crazy, in my estimation.
for all the talk about people being racist and not giving Leonard his props I dont know anyone, experts or fans, who still think of Leonard as a FB. In college, he weighed a lot more so at first people thought of him as a FB who would be a great receiving threat and a good runner as well, a versatile weapon. Then he lost weight and showed HB speed so now everyone has him as a HB. I mean who is not giving him his fair shake? No one is still calling him a FB. Its a bunch of nonsense honestly. Nobody acted like Hawk wasnt a phenomenal athlete last year, nobody is acting like Olsen isn't a remarkable athlete at his position. If you wanna talk unconscious racism, how about the premise that every black QB is athletic with a strong arm but cant read a defense? Thats the only place where I really see much racism/bias in evaluation in football.

I like Leonard and I dont think he is quite a feature back but I think he'd be a great back in a RBBC. He has such a great skill set that he can be a versatile weapon for a team. However, Maroney is a great pure runner and I think he has the stuff to be a top 10 back in this league now that he has a feature role.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,041
Reputation: 153
remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
What if Leonard were black?

.....

Sorry, but I think, unknowingly, we all have the tendency to judge based off of that factor. Not intentionally, but it is, what it is. I personally think he would be very good in a committee R.B.B.C situation. That said; Maroney is much better than he is. To suggest otherwise is crazy, in my estimation.
i can care less if hes blue. im not saying he isnt a good enough RB or starter b/c hes white. im saying hes not gonna ever beat out Maroney whos much faster/quicker and more natural at RB. Leonard is fast straightline and strong but he doesnt have enough wiggle. same can be said about a lot of black RBs coming into pros
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.