Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Plaxico Burress

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5517027

Quote:
Former New York Giants Super Bowl star Plaxico Burress has come up short in his bid for work release during his two-year prison sentence in a gun case, a denial that could keep him behind bars until at least next spring, prison officials said Tuesday.
Anyone else feel like he is getting a raw deal?

He broke the law I understand that but I think the message has been sent loud and clear by now.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its important to have strong gun laws and if he followed them he wouldn't be in jail.

He didn't break a law maliciously, but he still did break a law. I was for the sentence, but at this point I would support a work release for Burress, who will likely never start another game at this point.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Others have done much worse then him and gotten off way easier. Its a poor penal system.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The system is broken.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long did Jerramy Stevens (anal rapist and drunk driver), Leonard Little (drunk driving killer), or Donte Stallworth (drunk driving killer) spend in jail? A total of 37 days.

Yet Plaxico Burress shoots himself and is still in prison, away from his wife and children, because some asshat politician in NY wants to make an example of him. I don't think Burress should've been given a slap on the wrist but his punishment in this case is not at all consistent with that given to other athletes. His biggest mistake was being an idiot in New York City.

Who is benefiting from his continued imprisonment? Are violent crimes down? Is society better because Plaxico Burress is behind bars? It's ridiculous.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
goodlookin
Rookie

goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.

what should have happened is he should have been sentenced to 2000 hours community service with a focus on gun safety and gun violence prevention and a probationary sentence of 2 years if he ****** up.....no good has come of him going to jail. The state of NY could of capitalized on his popularity by leverage his experience and name but no they do the politically smart thing, which results in no true gains
goodlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
How long did Jerramy Stevens (anal rapist and drunk driver), Leonard Little (drunk driving killer), or Donte Stallworth (drunk driving killer) spend in jail? A total of 37 days.

Yet Plaxico Burress shoots himself and is still in prison, away from his wife and children, because some asshat politician in NY wants to make an example of him. I don't think Burress should've been given a slap on the wrist but his punishment in this case is not at all consistent with that given to other athletes. His biggest mistake was being an idiot in New York City.

Who is benefiting from his continued imprisonment? Are violent crimes down? Is society better because Plaxico Burress is behind bars? It's ridiculous.
This is exactly how I feel.

It's a joke.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not that it has much to do with Burress, but after the stricter gun laws were put in place, gun crimes are down in New York City.

I completely agree that the system needs fixed, but stricter gun laws have helped NYC, and not enforcing them would hurt any progress they've made.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The law could've been enforced without seeking the max penalty.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
steelcrew43
Veteran

steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.

return to the burgh asap :)

sig by me
Go buckeyes,steelers, cavs

PM me for jersey transfers
steelcrew43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feel bad for him. I thought he would have gotten out earlier. He is doing around the same amount of time as Mike Vick and Vick killed a bunch of dogs and ran a dog fighting business while he has a gun illegally on him in a club for protection and accidently shoots himself.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

At least hes got a ring. I mean i agree hes done his time. But i just dont see him ever being the play maker that he was again. So no real point to care anymore.
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
At least hes got a ring. I mean i agree hes done his time. But i just dont see him ever being the play maker that he was again. So no real point to care anymore.
The he doesn't play football any more so who cares what becomes of him approach...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Yeah but he's gunna have to sell his ring when he has to income and his wife leaves him and he needs to make child support payments.

I agree with the sentiment in this thread, the guy got a raw deal, especially in comparison to other players we've seen mess up. I mean, he shot himself. Isn't that a painful and embarrassing enough punishment in itself?
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah but he's gunna have to sell his ring when he has to income and his wife leaves him and he needs to make child support payments.

I agree with the sentiment in this thread, the guy got a raw deal, especially in comparison to other players we've seen mess up. I mean, he shot himself. Isn't that a painful and embarrassing enough punishment in itself?
Well it would have been more embarrassing had he shot his dick off... Just saying.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, leave him in there. He broke the law, and he's paying for it. He shouldn't get a pass simply because there have been other cases where judges take it easy on the accused.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't get why he had the gun on him. Get his street cred up? He's a football player not a gangster. Want protection? Hire a bodyguard smart enough not to shoot himself. How badass do you look behind bars Plaxico? Probably not as badass as you did with that glock sliding down your sweatpants. Hope it was worth it, G.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who lives in a state south of Maryland needs to keep their mouths shut because no way would he have received such a harsh sentence in a southern state.

Actually, I don't know of any city or state that has such zero tolerance towards handguns that illegally having one on your person that accidentally discharges is automatic prison time.
Anyone can see Plax is being screwed royally. No felony priors, a victimless crime, and he's being treated like he committed armed robbery.

At most, he should have been sentenced to 12 months in jail. If he's forced to serve his full sentence, no parole, that's just some BS.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I still don't get why he had the gun on him. Get his street cred up? He's a football player not a gangster. Want protection? Hire a bodyguard smart enough not to shoot himself. How badass do you look behind bars Plaxico? Probably not as badass as you did with that glock sliding down your sweatpants. Hope it was worth it, G.
Maybe it had something to do with his teammate Steve Smith being robbed at gunpoint in front of his house a week earlier?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with virtually everyone here. he was stupid, he doesnt know how to handle a weapon and he shot himself. but i agree with the sentiment that he shouldve hired a body guard or not gone if he were that afraid for his safety.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- just dont bring a gun (loaded without the safety on no less) to a friggin club.
- dont carry a concealed weapon when you are not allowed to do so
- if you really want a gun make sure you have your permits in order
- if the city said it was going to higher the penalties on this stuff take the friggin deal.

I really wouldnt have cared if he got 5 years, this was not a stupid mistake or anything like that, this was somebody who has some fundamental flaws in his thinking. Sure a few of the things other players did resulted in worse but most of them were stupid mistakes, very stupid mistakes but not fundamental flaws in judgemental ability.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Maybe it had something to do with his teammate Steve Smith being robbed at gunpoint in front of his house a week earlier?
If he was that concerned, he should've either not gone out or hired a bodyguard. There really is no defending his actions.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
- just dont bring a gun (loaded without the safety on no less) to a friggin club.
- dont carry a concealed weapon when you are not allowed to do so
- if you really want a gun make sure you have your permits in order
- if the city said it was going to higher the penalties on this stuff take the friggin deal.

I really wouldnt have cared if he got 5 years, this was not a stupid mistake or anything like that, this was somebody who has some fundamental flaws in his thinking. Sure a few of the things other players did resulted in worse but most of them were stupid mistakes, very stupid mistakes but not fundamental flaws in judgemental ability.

im sorry, what?

- drinking and driving is illegal, and deserves and often gets a pretty severe punishment depending on how drunk/speed/damage etc. especially when people die as a result of the drivers stupidity
- as is hitting someone with a car
- anal rape or rape of any kind is also pretty damn illegal last time i checked

drunk driving is just a mistake? no its complete disregard for the safety of others. granted so is carrying a gun but one resulted in someone dying and the other resulted in a self inflicted injury and embarrassment. someone couldve gotten hurt but NO ONE DID but plax. still very stupid but the punishment has been a little much.

rape is just a mistake? 'oh you said no? oh my mistake i mistook that for no dont stop.' bull**** thats knowingly committing an act of violence and just not giving a crap, having no self control.

maybe i wasnt clear enough in my first post. plax was wrong to bring the gun. he didnt have permits and he broke the law and endangered people. if he was that scared he shoulda stayed home. but the punishment was far too severe considering the punishment to some of these other crimes.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about you guys but I don't want some bodyguard following me around wherever I go. I don't blame him for having a gun. I blame him for not getting it licensed.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, he was going to be my fantasy sleeper pick...

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote