Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be voted as the MVP for this 2010 season
Chris Johnson 6 8.11%
Adrian Peterson 2 2.70%
Peyton Manning 10 13.51%
Drew Brees 7 9.46%
Aaron Rodgers 32 43.24%
Tom Brady 8 10.81%
Brett Favre 0 0%
Philip Rivers 4 5.41%
Tony Romo 2 2.70%
Other- name him 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
It is the supporting cast argument. Peyton Manning didn't deserve it last year over Drew Brees or Brett Favre, but he won it based on the perception that his supporting cast wasn't as good as it has been in the past. The Patriots struggling on defense will feed into how "valuable" Brady is.

Not saying it is legitimate, but that is how these voters see things. That's why a RB will not win the MVP, barring an LT 31 touchdown season on a 14-2 team.
I was referring to you saying that NE is going to make a strong SB run, I think their D is going to hold them back.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tom Brady improves over last season, an extra year removed from knee surgery, their defensive performance might not matter.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Ooooh, nice darkhorse pick. I like. I don't think he'll get the opportunity to toss the rock around as much as he did last year, but if they win the division and he's got numbers close to what he had last year, I think it's definitely a possibility.
Yeah, it was just me trying to be unique haha. In all honesty, it will probably one of the top 5 QBs: Rivers, Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. But I think Eli Manning is a legitimate sleeper. If he wins, I will rock that in my sig for eternity.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Peyton Manning will win it even though there will be two or three more deserving candidates. Oh wait, this is 2010 not 2009...
Yea, because when Manning threw 33 Tds, 4500 yds, & won 14 games a year ago he should have probably lost to a guy who threw 34, 4388 yds, & won 13. Clearly the second guy was more deserving there. New Orleans' rushing offense ranked 6th, Indianapolis was dead last by a good margin. Indy's entire offense was Peyton Manning. When evaluating the MOST VALUABLE player, there's little doubt in my mind. Chris Johnson also did incredible things, but he did it for an average team, making him a prime candidate for Offensive Player of the Year, but not necessarily a top-flight MVP candidate.

A lot of people just hate on Peyton just to hate on Peyton.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I wouldn't change that lineup unless the buzz on McCluster gets white hot and you're in a PPR league. The path is surprisingly clear for Spiller, someone has to get the carries.

Especially to start the season I would go with Smith and Floyd over Berrian, so with Rice out, Massoquoi not having a QB, and the rest being rookies/in an offense that ignores them, you're set.
Yeah this is a 14 team PPR league. I'm hoping my starting lineup is solid. My questionmarks are Matt Ryan, CJ Spiller, and Malcolm Floyd. If all 3 show up, I think my team is loaded.

I'm hoping McCluster is a sleeper. I took him late. Rice was the last round of the draft, I was like hell, why not. Im putting him on the IR spot and grabbing someone off the waiver wire.

I don't like my bench all that much though.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah this is a 14 team PPR league. I'm hoping my starting lineup is solid. My questionmarks are Matt Ryan, CJ Spiller, and Malcolm Floyd. If all 3 show up, I think my team is loaded.

I'm hoping McCluster is a sleeper. I took him late. Rice was the last round of the draft, I was like hell, why not. Im putting him on the IR spot and grabbing someone off the waiver wire.

I don't like my bench all that much though.
G-reg will get traded to a better offense.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Schaub, his offense will roll all year and he'll have the rating and numbers. If his team makes the playoffs then he'll have some pretty good momentum too.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I was referring to you saying that NE is going to make a strong SB run, I think their D is going to hold them back.
That wasn't me. I think their defense is a big "if" that could derail their Super Bowl aspirations.

Quote:
If Tom Brady improves over last season, an extra year removed from knee surgery, their defensive performance might not matter.
Exactly what I think. There are about five offenses in the league that can keep up with them, at best. And the Colts, Texans, Packers, Chargers, and Saints have their own defensive issues to worry about.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers or Tony Romo.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Not sure what is more disturbing, Tom Brady posing for a GQ-like picture or the Pee-Week Herman tat.

For the sake of the thread, I went with Rogers. If he plays like the way he did in blasting the Colts D in the pre season, it won't be a contest. He's got multiple pro-bowl level weapons to work with and can make a few plays with his feet.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O-Line scaring away potential Romo votes here? I wouldnt blame yah.

But if that line can hold up...Tony's got as good a shot as anyone. I have no confidence in the line right now, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peyton Manning will win it even though there will be two or three more deserving candidates. Oh wait, this is 2010 not 2009...
Pretty much this. Manning just seems to win it by default every year now. i see no reason to bet against him again, even if some others might be more impressive statistically.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have to be kidding me. I'll give you that Rivers might have deserved it in 2008, it probably should have been a split, but no one was close to as deserving as Manning last year.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
You have to be kidding me. I'll give you that Rivers might have deserved it in 2008, it probably should have been a split, but no one was close to as deserving as Manning last year.
Brees? Favre? Rivers again? Johnson?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees, whose team was 13-0, who broke the NFL record for completion percentage, who won the Super Bowl, would disagree.

Brett Favre, at the age of 40, becoming the only player to throw for 33 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions on an elite team would like a word in as well.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brett Favre
Chris Johnson
Drews Brees

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

"No one was close to as deserving" hahahahaha. This guy takes homerism to an art-form.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre and Brees both had top 10 rushing attacks backing them up, Manning had the worst in the league. Rivers had an argument again but the Colts did finish with the better record.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-02-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
"No one was close to as deserving" hahahahaha. This guy takes homerism to an art-form.
I'm a 49er fan
Old 09-02-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Besides what other have said about Farve, and Brees, Johnson RUSHED FOR 2000 YARDS! How many Rbs have run for that and how many Qbs have thrown 4000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Then I don't know what the **** your obsession with Manning is about. Are you a Vols fan? Just like his commercials? Is he your star Dynasty league player?

Old 09-02-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking it'll be Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers, but I think story lines are almost as important as individual success in these things (Except for Manning, who wins in no matter the circumstances apparently). But I think writers will be fapping if Rodgers beats Favre this season and wins the division. That'll carry him to the award. If he loses, then my odds are for Brees.

Just kidding! It'll be Peyton! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then I don't know what the **** your obsession with Manning is about. Are you a Vols fan? Just like his commercials? Is he your star Dynasty league player?
Hes one of the kids all grown up now from this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 09-02-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Hes one of the kids all grown up now from this:

There you go.