Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:42 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
This!

Yes, I punched his date as well.
You at least get any boobage at the end of the night? Sheesh. And afterwards we went back to the one girl's house and watched The Mist, leaving us all scarred for life. Worst prom evar man.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when the Titans drafted Chris Johnson. I Lol'd and then punched TitanHope's prom date in the face.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs, always the QBs. Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn. I considered those 3 elite. :|
Old 09-03-2010, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Leinart is the only person I can think of that really went into a great situation to grow as a player and has regressed.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when the Titans took CJ, I, too, punched TitanHope's prom date in the face.

can this be a running joke, now?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
*raises hand* im biased though because i went to ecu and saw every game he ever played in, still remember his 80+ yarder his freshman year vs wake forest, think we won 1 or 2 games that year but remember the brutal speed, he really sucked pretty hard till ecu gave him an o-line in his senior year
That's the thing with speed backs. poor offensive line, and getting hit in the backfield constantly= under 4 yards per carry, where some bigger backs might still crack it.

Great offensive line= brutal results.

Some people will give credit to a guy that can get it done behind **** lines, but I like the guys that thrive double with a good line, because you can't win consistently without that good line anyway.

Chris Johnson and the Titans have the line scheme, line talent, and play calling that every team with those super spped weapons should be looking to replicate.

A lot of 80+ r uns have to go r ight to break off 2000 yards, but it's a great recipe for success, and I like that my Saints are going more to that power running scheme + speed back combo, instead of trying to play tricks on teams.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my biggest miss was Reggie Nelson. I was all over his nuts. I thought he was going to be so good, I was so convinced of it.

I was talking him up all offseason, during the season, during the combine, and on draft day. He was one of my favorite prospects since I've been following the draft.

To see him fail this epically is just sad. Dude has the athleticism, but I underestimated how stupid he is, and how his "eraser" tackling method wouldn't work in the NFL.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've followed the draft since like... '04 or '05, and I usually don't get that into prospects, the only two I've ever had massive boners for were Sidney Rice and Red Bryant. Obviously Rice broke out last year, Bryant, idk wtf hes doing in Seattle, hopefully something...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my biggest miss is def chris johnson. i need to find titanhopes prom date and punch her in the face

also whiffed on flacco. thought he'd either suck or it would take years for him to be good

jury's still out on ryan. I didnt hate him as much as some, but I didn't like him either.

OH WAIT, I hated Haloti Ngata for some reason. That's probably the worst one
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
when the Titans took CJ, I, too, punched TitanHope's prom date in the face.

can this be a running joke, now?
"If he were to punch you in the face you would have to fight off the strong ergue to thank him."
Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also thought Brodrick Bunkley would be completely ******* terrible and wanted the entire world to **** about him going to the Bills, especially ahead of Ngata, like wtf... I had a pretty big thing for Ngata because he was a rugby player. Same with Stewart Bradley for being a rugby player, too bad hes been injured for his entire life... Thought Ernie Sims would be unreal.

Uhhhh........ I pretty much hated every QB prospect ever other than Vince Young... Locker is looking pretty solid atm though. Thought Bush would be an above average starter but not Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers/Marshall Faulk and still worthy of a top 5 pick, thought Mario Williams was a joke of a #1 overall, would have taken a dozen people over him (maybe like 6, idk... definitely would have rather seen Hawk, Bush, Young, Leinart, Cutler & Ferguson go ahead of him even if I didn't like Leinart or Cutler). Thought Manny Lawson would be Demarcus Ware-ish. Theres too many, but definitely had Red Bryant and Sidney Rice as my favourites ever so far like I said earlier.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte Stallworth came up in a discussion about Manning/Brady. Figured I'd put him here, he's the first WR prospect I ever fell in love with as a draftnik.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call there, I thought Manny Lawson would be amazing. I fell in love with his measurables.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Donte Stallworth came up in a discussion about Manning/Brady. Figured I'd put him here, he's the first WR prospect I ever fell in love with as a draftnik.
He should've stayed for his senior year.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember thinking Leon Hall wouldn't be great. I saw him more as a solid #2 CB.

I loved Andre Smith, that's not working out too well for me so far.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about this beastly blast from the past

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell happened with Vernon Gholston? He was such a beast. Maybe he would be good in a 4-3.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaRon Landry- I thought he'd be dominating.

Darren McFadden- Liked Adrian more, but had him ranked pretty close.

Michael Huff- Thought he'd be a fantastic safety.

Jimmy Williams- Did a quick skim through this thread, and surprised that I didn't see his name more. He was mocked as high as #9 to the Lions and I was ecstatic when he fell and the Falcons moved up to get him.

Cromartie- Fell in love with the same stuff everyone else did.

Ernie Sims- Just liked him a lot.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I remember thinking Leon Hall wouldn't be great. I saw him more as a solid #2 CB.

I loved Andre Smith, that's not working out too well for me so far.
I'm with you on this. I still love his potential, though.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

you didn't pick ernie sims, though. the lions did.
I was saying they were similiar players. Picking Timmons would have been like picking Sims a year before. Neither one of them seemed like good fits for the Steelers D.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong About...
Thought would be great:

V.Gholston
B.Quinn
Akili Smith
Chad Jackson
R. Meachem

Didn't think would be this good:

Chris Johnson (How do you pass on a WR?!)
B. Roesthl...r
N. Mangold (Thought he was okay... didn't think he'd ever be the league's best)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mainly everyone's been said. I loved Chris Houston, thought he'd be the best CB in the class. Loved Reggie Nelson, and even kinda liked Alphonso Smith. Lawson and Balmer I was high on too.
I also thought Ray Rice would be a stud...oh, wait. I win
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think my biggest miss was Reggie Nelson. I was all over his nuts. I thought he was going to be so good, I was so convinced of it.

I was talking him up all offseason, during the season, during the combine, and on draft day. He was one of my favorite prospects since I've been following the draft.

To see him fail this epically is just sad. Dude has the athleticism, but I underestimated how stupid he is, and how his "eraser" tackling method wouldn't work in the NFL.

I missed it big on him too, it's not like he doesn't have the talent though, I wanted Dallas to trade up for him and felt he could have changed our defense being a deep centerfielder.

Did anyone see him vs the Bucs on that Mike Williams 50 yard catch on the 1st play of the game? LOL why is he still even on a roster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I missed it big on him too, it's not like he doesn't have the talent though, I wanted Dallas to trade up for him and felt he could have changed our defense being a deep centerfielder.

Did anyone see him vs the Bucs on that Mike Williams 50 yard catch on the 1st play of the game? LOL why is he still even on a roster?
I'm praying he's gone with the final cuts.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

The problem isn't talent. He has all world talent. He's just incredibly stupid.

I thought he could overcome it in the NFL, but its obvious now that he was a complete moron at Florida, and they just had him run a deep zone every play bc he couldn't do anything else.

And now with NFL routetrees, he's completely lost. I underestimated how important intelligence is for safeties.

Which is embarassing for me to say, bc safety is the position I hold closest to my heart. I feel I know that position better than any other position, (CB is #2), and to miss that bad on Reggie stung a little.