Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
It is the titants wanting Haynesworth not the other way around
Then why hasn't a deal been made?

I'd say at most the desire for the Titans' to bring Haynesworth back is equal to the Redskins' desire to trade him. Or else a deal would've been made considering this is supposedly the 2nd time in about 5 months that trade talks have opened up between the two teams.

If the Titans really wanted to bring him back, it would've happened. There's no doubt they would like him back, and I'm not saying they don't. But it seems there's a stalemate between the Titans wanting him back but not wanting him so much they'd give up two measly midround draft picks and the Redkins wanting to trade him but not wanting to give him up for nothing.

In my opinion, after you consider the low compensation asking price for a premier player, the discounted contract with several years left for a premier player, and the fact that the Titans have an extensive history with the player that's fairly positive, yet the organization still won't make the trade, speaks more towards the Titans not wanting to bring him back as much as the Redskins want to get rid of him (Or in the least, a sign that the Titans' interest is fairly small. May not even say that much about the Redskins, aside that it's still a stalemate.). I can't say either side has leverage over one another though.

That's just my perspective as a Titans fan though. I'm sure your perspective culd be much different being a Redskins fan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Then why hasn't a deal been made?

I'd say at most the desire for the Titans' to bring Haynesworth back is equal to the Redskins' desire to trade him. Or else a deal would've been made considering this is supposedly the 2nd time in about 5 months that trade talks have opened up between the two teams.

If the Titans really wanted to bring him back, it would've happened. There's no doubt they would like him back, and I'm not saying they don't. But it seems there's a stalemate between the Titans wanting him back but not wanting him so much they'd give up two measly midround draft picks and the Redkins wanting to trade him but not wanting to give him up for nothing.

In my opinion, after you consider the low compensation asking price for a premier player, the discounted contract with several years left for a premier player, and the fact that the Titans have an extensive history with the player that's fairly positive, yet the organization still won't make the trade, speaks more towards the Titans not wanting to bring him back as much as the Redskins want to get rid of him (Or in the least, a sign that the Titans' interest is fairly small. May not even say that much about the Redskins, aside that it's still a stalemate.). I can't say either side has leverage over one another though.

That's just my perspective as a Titans fan though. I'm sure your perspective culd be much different being a Redskins fan.
They didnt trade him because there is a set price and the titants didnt meet it
Old 09-07-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Titans are stupid if they don't trade for him. Him giving 75% effort as a rotational player in that scheme easily makes them a top 5 defense again.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
They didnt trade him because there is a set price and the titants didnt meet it
There's no such thing as a "set price" in when it comes to a one team market, and even if that were true, it does nothing to support your point that it's the Titans wanting Haynesworth and not the Redskins (or Deadskins, if you'd prefer to continue the "Titants" thing) wanting to trade him. Especially when the report says that it's the Redskins gauging the Titans' interest, and not the other way around.

This is probably how the talks have gone:

It's just a matter of if the Skins are willing to swallow their pride, cut their losses, and decrease their demands or if they decide to go the stubborn route and choose to just keep the guy who'll never give anything more than minimal effort on gameday. I'm sure Skins fans say the Redskins hold all the cards since they have the player and can just choose to keep him if the Titans don't offer what they want, but if keeping him won't bear much fruit and he's pretty much said he's gonna do what he wants to the point of already stating he'll take the next training camp off, the option of keeping him doesn't have as much value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think the Titans are stupid if they don't trade for him. Him giving 75% effort as a rotational player in that scheme easily makes them a top 5 defense again.
I've heard the Redskins are asking for as high as a 2nd RD pick. If that's the case, then I think most can understand why a trade hasn't occurred yet. The Titans reportedly countered with a 4th RD pick. Hopefully they both compromise for a 3rd RD'er, which is the compensation the Titans got for losing AH in Free Agency.

I went as far as to say I'd have been fine with trading our 1st RD'er to get Haynesworth back prior to this last draft. Given, I had no clue Derrick Morgan (My biggest fantasy crush for the Titans) would have fallen to their pick, but it shows how big of proponent of bringing back Haynesworth I am.

Nevertheless, the Titans are pretty well off at DT with Tony Brown and Jason Jones, with Sen'Derrick Marks entering his sophomore season to back them up along with Jovan Haye. Fisher isn't going to make the trade unless it's the right price.

I think Draft picks are over-valued by most people, so I'd be content with practically anything, lol. Rather have Haynesworth than a lottery ticket.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id give up a 3rd this year and pick next year for this guy still. Wouldnt it be great if Al pulled off another trade like last year for Seymour and get Haynesworth this year?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming Haynesworth isn't looking for another payday, getting him for a 2nd or 3rd is pretty much cake. You don't owe the guy any guaranteed money if he doesn't perform for you and it's totally worth the risk considering the potential payoff.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Laurence Maroney has been shipped to the Broncos according to sources..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Looks like Laurence Maroney has been shipped to the Broncos according to sources..
Good riddance
Old 09-14-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I can understand, seems banged up alot and even Fred Taylor looks twice the back Maroney is..and it won't really affect that offense too much considering they use 2 or 3 backs.
Go Amare.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any decent OT or C's out there that are on the trade block? Raiders need to find some now

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 09-14-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Any decent OT or C's out there that are on the trade block? Raiders need to find some now
Jason Spitz for Michael Bush?
Old 09-14-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WIllis McGahee was on the trading block this off season. IDK If he is anymore, Id expect GB To call for him
Old 09-14-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
One would think that A.J. Hawk could fetch them a RB.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

I mean Brandon Jackson is pretty solid but they should have went Jahvid Best at the end of round 1, hed be a great complement to Jackson and Grant.

As for Oakland we really need some o line help lol.. :(
Go Amare.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean Brandon Jackson is pretty solid but they should have went Jahvid Best at the end of round 1, hed be a great complement to Jackson and Grant.

Why not go after Logan Mankins? the Pats like to stockpile picks.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

I mean I would love it but he isn't as old as Richard Seymour was when we got him, so they will most likely hold on to him..
Go Amare.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Id love Mankins on the team, if he can play LT for us like he did in college for Fresno State. If it takes say a 5th round this year and 2nd/3rd in next years draft I would do it.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No way over Bulaga. If Bulaga was gone Best was probably an option, but no way we could pass him up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
^
One would think that A.J. Hawk could fetch them a RB.
Any of the backs we could get for AJ Hawk I wouldn't trade him for. Hawk isn't great, but he's a decent starter. We could get by with Brandon Chillar starting and without losing much, but I don't think Hawk would get a good enough return to make trading him worth it.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Any of the backs we could get for AJ Hawk I wouldn't trade him for. Hawk isn't great, but he's a decent starter. We could get by with Brandon Chillar starting and without losing much, but I don't think Hawk would get a good enough return to make trading him worth it.
This. We could likely get Lynch or Choice (maybe even Barber) for a 3rd or 4th round straight-up.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tashard Choice would be great.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson's suspension will be reduced to 4 games if he is traded by next Wednesday 4pm. If not, he'll be out for six games.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/24687083018

So who pulls the trigger for the 2nd best Vincent Jackson ever? Vikings, Rams or Seahawks?
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jackson goes anywhere I think it will be St. Louis, Bradford needs someone to throw to. They are just setting him up for early failure if they don't get him a legit #1 target.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as he leaves the AFC West I really don't care where he goes.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota is the most likely landing spot for Jackson at this time. With Sydney Rice out for the first half of the season, they desperately need a stud WR.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
As long as he leaves the AFC West I really don't care where he goes.
Hah, this, exactly this. Get him out of the West!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote