Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10
10) Butkus
9) Hutson
8 ) Manning
7) White
6) Unitas
5) Payton
4) Montana
3) Taylor
2) Brown
1) Rice

I like how LT and Reggie are so high. I disagree with Rice at #1 but it's not a complete travesty. Also thought Unitas should have cracked top 5, but thats nitpicking. What did you guys think?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unitas should definitely be top 5
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning just kills me... 8th all time? Gimme a break.

Jim Brown is the greatest of all time. When you mention Rice, you think of Montana and Young. Jim Brown didn't need the QB. It's not to diminish what Rice did, but it's the nature of the game. Receivers need QBs and RBs don't.

I like the way Walter Payton was presented... most complete player ever.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with J.Rice #1. I thought it should have been J.Brown/J.Rice as the top two, and fine with however it played out.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Manning just kills me... 8th all time? Gimme a break.

Jim Brown is the greatest of all time. When you mention Rice, you think of Montana and Young. Jim Brown didn't need the QB. It's not to diminish what Rice did, but it's the nature of the game. Receivers need QBs and RBs don't.

I like the way Walter Payton was presented... most complete player ever.
But RB needs offensive lines. Which is 5 guys. Except for of course the greatest RB of all time. He didn't really need an offensive line. ;)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm fine with J.Rice #1. I thought it should have been J.Brown/J.Rice as the top two, and fine with however it played out.
Pretty much this.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watch the after show or w/e with Peter King? I wanted to but I hate Peter King, he just needs to go away
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Anyone watch the after show or w/e with Peter King? I wanted to but I hate Peter King, he just needs to go away
Yea and I feel that way about Michael Lombardi... he flabbergasts me at every turn. In this show, he gave Johnny Unitas a 7.

Ernie Accorsi is awesome
Old 11-04-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

manning deserved top 10
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
manning deserved top 10
Please elaborate how Manning is better than John Elway, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, and Otto Graham
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
manning deserved top 10
Elway,Marino, Brady > Manning
Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning is top 10 and better than Brady, Elway, and Marino. He changed the position like Unitas did in Baltimore. Suck it haters!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Manning is top 10 and better than Brady, Elway, and Marino. He changed the position like Unitas did in Baltimore. Suck it haters!
Changed it to what?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uh oh here comes the manning/brady crap
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
uh oh here comes the manning/brady crap
I'm putting my tin hat on and heading for the bunkers.

Oh yeah.. very pleased that Rice was #1.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10
10) Butkus
9) Hutson
8 ) Manning
7) White
6) Unitas
5) Payton
4) Montana
3) Taylor
2) Brown
1) Rice

NP with the top 5 at all. Good to see Reggie, LT and the Minister of D representing. Rice is by far the greatest WR ever and JB redefined the RB position in his day. I might switch Manning to 10 and bump up Hutson and #51. Manning has ushered in the modern QB era in the NFL.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Please elaborate how Manning is better than John Elway, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, and Otto Graham
Please elaborate on how Otto Graham is better than Peyton Manning? I'm glad you're old enough to see him live in person or have game footage of him because I'd like to learn more about him. Other than he won 7 championships, what else does he have over mannning? Does he have a stronger arm, more accurate, or can he diagnose a defense better than peyton?

It's a good thing a team championship is the main determinate on how great a player is to remembered in history. By that argument, I'm guessing your greatest baseball player of all time is Joe DiMaggio and greatest basketball player of all time is Bill Russell.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

just hearing the way ray ray was talking about peyton was pretty convincing. i mean in a day where trash talk is really prevalent, nobody really ever talks crap about manning. you can dislike him, but he's so good at his position that there's nothing you can say. but, you'll hear guys talk about how brady gets calls if he's even touched and about how it's more about the pat's system than him. i guess i'm trying to say respect from peers is a good way to determine how great a player is. not only way of course.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuan33 View Post
Please elaborate on how Otto Graham is better than Peyton Manning? I'm glad you're old enough to see him live in person or have game footage of him because I'd like to learn more about him. Other than he won 7 championships, what else does he have over mannning? Does he have a stronger arm, more accurate, or can he diagnose a defense better than peyton?

It's a good thing a team championship is the main determinate on how great a player is to remembered in history. By that argument, I'm guessing your greatest baseball player of all time is Joe DiMaggio and greatest basketball player of all time is Bill Russell.
It's hard to diagnose a player when you can't really watch film on somebody. But what we can go on is this...

"Graham's 57-13-1 record as a starter in the NFL represents the highest winning percentage of any quarterback (.810)."

"Graham retired before the 1956 season because of injuries, and the Browns floundered without him behind center. Three quarterbacks (George Ratterman, Babe Parilli, and Tommy O'Connell) were used, none of them throwing more touchdowns than interceptions. The team's 57 record was the team's first losing season ever."
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ballot was every player in the HOF plus the following retired and present day players who are not in the HOF:

Larry Allen
Morten Andersen
Tom Brady
Derrick Brooks
Cris Carter
Brian Dawkins
Dermontti Dawson
Alan Faneca
Marshall Faulk
Brett Favre
Tony Gonzalez
Ray Guy
Marvin Harrison
Walter Jones
Jerry Kramer
Ray Lewis
Peyton Manning
Jim Marshall
Randy Moss
Jonathan Ogden
Terrell Owens
Ed Reed
Deion Sanders
Warren Sapp
Shannon Sharpe
Michael Strahan
Steve Tasker
Jason Taylor
LaDainian Tomlinson
Adam Vinatieri
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner

Last edited by boknows34 : 11-05-2010 at 03:04 AM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Boomer Esian or w/e is a idiot he said that Peyton has had the least amount of help of any great QB in the last 15-20 years and that Tom Brady is finally dealing with that.
I wouldn't say the least talent, because he used to have far better than Brady. But that was always the argument for Brady. And these last few years Manning is starting to have the same success as always with minimal talent.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think its a travesty Elway was ranked so low, in the 20's, behind Tom Brady.
Took 5 teams to the Super Bowl, 3 of them he had little help on offense, a decent defense but not great. He had all the tools, and if it weren't for a lack of a running game early in his career and a conservative coach who put him on a leash, one could only imagine.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no real qualms with the top 10. Mine would look a little different, but I can't argue with anything other than personal values and opinion. Nothing really egregious there IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
It's hard to diagnose a player when you can't really watch film on somebody. But what we can go on is this...

"Graham's 57-13-1 record as a starter in the NFL represents the highest winning percentage of any quarterback (.810)."

"Graham retired before the 1956 season because of injuries, and the Browns floundered without him behind center. Three quarterbacks (George Ratterman, Babe Parilli, and Tommy O'Connell) were used, none of them throwing more touchdowns than interceptions. The team's 57 record was the team's first losing season ever."
He also has the highest yards per attempt in history

If the job of the quarterback is to get his team to the championship, no one ever did it better than Otto Graham. 10 years, 10 trips to the championship.

He was like Babe Ruth or Bill Russell under center
Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Changed it to what?
To a pass happy league. Since he continued to choke, him by the way, not his defense, but him and his offense.. They decided to change the rules to try and get this guy his ring.

Sure Manning is great during the regular season, he is the worst hall of famer in the clutch I have ever seen however. Out of all the great ones, his biggest flaw is a BIG one. He continues to choke in the clutch..

So no, I would take the other guys over Manning.
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote