Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
That was actually pretty hilarious. And I agree with him about himself and Rod Woodson. Both of those could be argued as the best CBs to ever play. And then Rod switched to safety and was still an All-Pro. Both of them are too low.

I don't know about #4. BUt there are a lot of complaints I could make about this list already.
Yeah. I accidentally made a thread of this. Absolutely hilarious.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually hate when athletes gloat and talk about how great they are/were, but I absolutely love Deion Sanders. He was that good and knows it, plus he showed the respect for other players that deserted it and used plenty of logic (i.e. 19 QB's on the list).

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I usually hate when athletes gloat and talk about how great they are/were, but I absolutely love Deion Sanders. He was that good and knows it, plus he showed the respect for other players that deserted it and used plenty of logic (i.e. 19 QB's on the list).
Exactly, he does make a lot of really good points. Offense always gets more pub than defense for some reason. And as a fan of defense, it is frustrating.

I love it when he asked how long the show was. Because he had more highlights than the entire length of the show, so that right there was enough proof he should be higher up.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like both Woodson and Deion should have been higher. As mentioned Woodson was an All-Pro at both CB and Safety and Deion pretty much revolutionalized the position at Corner into what it is today. The way he was able to shut down his side of the field, get INT's when it was thrown to him, and anytime he got a pick or a punt return it was almost housed every single time.

Since when have we seen any player in the secondary period have that kind of affect on the game? I'm curious to know if there are any other safeties or DB's period on this list honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Lott and Night Train are the only DBs yet to be selected. Deion and Woodson appear to be 3rd and 4th among DBs.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These QBs are vastly overrated. Joe Namath? That is a ******* joke. His media savvy is the only reason why he's on this list. His whole career is all for not. He has one game, and a guarantee, that overrides mediocrity? Oh, and let's not forget him on the bench in a mink coat. Kurt Warner? He played like dog **** for half of his career and looked worse than a backup QB. If he only played about 6 years (and were all 6 of his best years), then I would throw him in the top 100 without hesitation, but half of his ******* career is him playing terrible football and being one of the worst, and I mean worst, starting QBs in the NFL.

Terry Bradshaw's career is defined by one stat... 4-0. That's his SB record. I got another stat or two. How about throwing more INTs than TDs in each of your first 5 seasons? How about a career QB rating of 70.9? How about a career completion percentage of 51.9%? That makes for one of the 50 greatest players? Are ya ******* kidding me?

That's better than Marshall Faulk? LaDainian Tomlinson? Jack Ham? Earl Campbell? Eric Dickerson? Randy Moss? Bruce Matthews? Jonathon Ogden? Ed Reed?

This is supposed to be a list on individual players? Then the number of super bowl rings should not be the be-all-and-end-all of a player (or a QB for that matter) making the top 100. Is Charles Haley going to be in the top 10 because he has 5 rings? He was a better player than a lot of these average ******* QBs. Maybe jacking off in front of teammates and being one of the gayest guys in locker room history has tarnished his reputation similar to Terrell Owens (who probably should be very high on this list) tearing teams apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BigBanger, you need to check out Bradshaw's stats in those SB wins. He played out of his mind.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
That was actually pretty hilarious. And I agree with him about himself and Rod Woodson. Both of those could be argued as the best CBs to ever play. And then Rod switched to safety and was still an All-Pro. Both of them are too low.

I don't know about #4. BUt there are a lot of complaints I could make about this list already.
You take Deion and Rod on your team. I'll man up with Mike Haynes and Mel Blount.

Too bad ESPN wasn't around in the 1970s.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
BigBanger, you need to check out Bradshaw's stats in those SB wins. He played out of his mind.
I've watched all of the Super Bowl games he was in and they were some (the two match ups vs the Cowboys) of the best Super Bowl games ever, and Bradshaw was a big part of those wins, but let's not act like his first Super Bowl win had anything to do with him having a great game. He played pretty good in Super Bowls (SB 13 was the only one where he really "played out of his mind"). His career was littered with big plays that complimented a run heavy offense and one of the greatest perennial defenses of all-time. I don't mind him on the list (since he was good in big games), but I think he should be one of those guys in the 80s or 90s. Not 50th overall. After all, he was nearly run out of Pittsburgh during his first several years and got bashed by the media and fans alike as much as any other player in NFL history. It's just hard for me to ignore 5 years of terrible QB play and act like they didn't happen. He was a product of his surroundings. I'll take a guy like Randy White who was dominate, relied on no else and then went ahead and revolutionized the position.

And the only thing more appalling than having Deion Sanders 34 is the little vignette they had for Bruce Smith. "And who is the 31st best player on our list..." cut to a picture of a dead white guy that was a Bills fan. And then the guy that talks about him... is the dead guys son who was a toddler during Smith's prime? What a ******* joke. This is NFLN and they have people presenting these players that have no clue what they're talking about. Everyone of these guys should have opponents or teammates talking about them, not some ******* 25 year old kid that had a dad that was a Bills fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they shouldve put deion on #21, he wouldve been happy

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You take Deion and Rod on your team. I'll man up with Mike Haynes and Mel Blount.

The homer in me would probably take a Rod and Mel led tandem. Both physical and shut down corners.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta say, lists giving Namath love make me sick. Unless maybe the list is entitled "media's favorite athletes" or "most overrated athletes." Joe Namath was not a good quarterback. That's all there is to it.

...and Deion came off as a huge douchebag, while Woodson came off as all class.

Quote:
anytime he got a pick or a punt return it was almost housed every single time.
Hyperbolize much? Cribbs has better averages. Does anyone say stupid crap about him like he "almost houses it every single time?" Or Hester? His return numbers are better, too.

Or even Danieal Manning, albeit he's only returned kicks. When someone that non-Bears fans say "who?" to averages more yards per return than you, you don't "almost house it every time."

Last edited by Monomach : 10-15-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion would be around the mid 20s if I was making a list. He's slightly lower than I expected but its not a great injustice. What is far worse is how guys like Larry Wilson, Ken Houston and Steve Largent don't look like making the Top 100 while others are vastly overrated like Terry Bradshaw at #50.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Hyperbolize much? Cribbs has better averages. Does anyone say stupid crap about him like he "almost houses it every single time?" Or Hester? His return numbers are better, too.

Yes I was overreacting dude, figured that much was obvious. And yea, sure, let's talk about Cribbs and Hester because you know, their also elite cover CB's that shut down any and every WR they face and shut down one side of the field.

Great comparison right there. Compare him to return men who are average at best at their actual positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, that one Browns fan thinks Cribbs is going to the HOF...
Old 10-15-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bradshaw is the most criminally underrated player on this entire message board. The only quarterback from the 1970s who was better was Staubach and guess what? He's regarded as one of the best QBs of all-time, and might be #1 if his career wouldn't have started so late due to fighting in Vietnam.

The 1970s was dominated by Staubach, Bradshaw, and Stabler, and they were all great at what they did. It wasn't the tooty-fruity, fantasy football, basketball on grass era it is today. Passing the football was not an easy proposition.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 10-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Agreed, yourfavestoner.

People around here talk about Bradshaw like he Trent Dilfer-ed his way into the HOF, ( bum QB coasting on the coattails of a stellar D).
Old 10-15-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed, yourfavestoner.

People around here talk about Bradshaw like he Trent Dilfer-ed his way into the HOF, ( bum QB coasting on the coattails of a stellar D).
I remember there being a thread on here a few years back that McNabb was a better qb than Elway because he had better numbers at a similar point in their careers. And they both lost in big games, so the numbers swung the argument in McNabb's favor.

This board is criminally stupid at times.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 10-15-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My prediction for the top 5...

1. Jim Brown
2. Rice
3. Montana
4. LT
5. Unitas
Old 10-15-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping LT makes the top 5. He should be the highest ranked defender on this list for sure.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Deion and Rod could play now and back then in 70s, Mel blount can't unless he moves to safety.

IDC anyways this top 100 list favors old players

Last edited by Complex : 10-15-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion's rantings about being so low was so funny.

Rice has to be number 1. He was just so much better then anyone else at wr. No one has come close to his numbers despite the league being way more pass friendly now then when he played.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Deion and Rod could play now and back then in 70s, Mel blount can't unless he moves to safety.

IDC anyways this top 100 list favors old players
Lol, Deion would get absolutely murdered in a run-dominant era.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'm tired of people elevating these players from the 50s and 60s. In basketball and football. Unless you are 60-70 years old then you have no business talking about Jim Brown. Who did he play? How many teams were there? What was the talent level across the league? I have no clue, but if I had to guess he was probably the only real athlete in the whole league at the time. My hatred of old timers isn't limited though, I feel the same way about Wilt, Oscar Robertson and Babe Ruth. Basically all the so-called sacred cows don't mean anything to me. I don't adhere to the unquestioned law that one must rank so and so #1 with no critical thought.

I bet Steven Jackson would have put up 20,000 career yards in the 1960s NFL.
And I'm better at science than Aristotle. But there's a time and a place for everything.

**** dude, I expect these kind of comments from random posters, not you.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have a link to watch NFL Network online? If so, PM me. :)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote