Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^ That's pretty well done.

Tonight will be the first night of Adrian Peterson's best season. I'm expecting bigger things from this guy this year. He's my pick for OPOY.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets crank up trash talking for start of season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...art-of-season/

Quote:
Cornerback Antonio Cromartie: "We're the Miami Heat of football."

Tight end Dustin Keller: "This team is basically Super Bowl or bust."

Every time the Jets picked up another big name, quarterback Mark Sanchez got a call about it from G.M. Mike Tannenbaum.

"He's like, 'We're picking up another one,'" Sanchez remembered. "I was like, 'Geez! What's going on here? We're building a dream team.'"

"If you doubt me," coach Rex Ryan said, "I'm going to show you and prove you wrong."

"It doesn't matter to me," linebacker Bart Scott said. "It's much more fun to be the villain than the hero."
Ray Lewis goes off on the Jets.

Quote:
"The bottom line is -- and I'm going to be very careful with this -- we're talking about the Jets like we're talking about the Saints," Lewis said, per MASN.com. "That's the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that's the only people that can be dethroned -- Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets.

"All of this 'We're the Miami Heat of football.' If you're the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers. We're aiming for multiple rings. But you listen to all this yap, yap, yap, the bottom line is you got to buckle up your chin straps."

"The game ain't played through tongues," Lewis said. "The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So all this pressure that [coach Rex Ryan] put on his team? I hope they can cash the check that he's writing. . . . [T]he bottom line is there ain't no man over there that's just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I'm good with that part of it.
I can't wait for this game GO B-More!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are not going to make the playoffs, and I'm going to laugh oh so very hard.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn I'm excited the NFL is back bitches WOO! WOO!

Last edited by TitansCJftw : 09-09-2010 at 02:26 PM.
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray always holds it down for baltimore. i cant wait to hear the exuses why they lost
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The Jets are not going to make the playoffs, and I'm going to laugh oh so very hard.
Rex Ryan is going to claim they are statistically locked into the playoffs week 16 only to be eliminated week 17.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lewis
This game ain't played through tongues.
I occasionally love Ray Lewis.

It sucks that the Jets talk so much, because there are personalities that are worth liking on that team. It's going to be interesting to see that team find out that they're only really a 6-8 win team who will have to be even more lucky to find their way into the playoffs than they were last year.

Quote:
'He's like, 'We're picking up another one,'" Sanchez remembered. "I was like, 'Geez! What's going on here? We're building a dream team.'"
Mark, a dream team of football wouldn't have you as quarterback. Sorry.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Mike Williams - 5 Catches, 96 Yards, 1 TD
in the first quarter.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
in the first quarter.
All year....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
All year....
Nah, he will have more than that.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
Nah, he will have more than that.
in his career maybe

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
in the first quarter.
With a broken leg and an amputated hand.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
in his career maybe
What do you have against him? He has done pretty damn good in the pre season. So dont hate.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously wanna know where this confidence is coming from with Rex Ryan. Isn't this the same guy that gave up on his team a few weeks left in the season saying they're "done"? I don't get it. If the Colts and Bengals didn't lay down, they wouldn't have been in they playoffs. Now they're this super awesome team? I just don't get it. I think Ryan is more of an attention ***** than Brett Favre at the moment. Sigh.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I seriously wanna know where this confidence is coming from with Rex Ryan. Isn't this the same guy that gave up on his team a few weeks left in the season saying they're "done"? I don't get it. If the Colts and Bengals didn't lay down, they wouldn't have been in they playoffs. Now they're this super awesome team? I just don't get it. I think Ryan is more of an attention ***** than Brett Favre at the moment. Sigh.
He thought they were mathematically eliminated.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
What do you have against him? He has done pretty damn good in the pre season. So dont hate.
I guess you don't have your sarcasm glasses on today.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I'll laugh a little too. I hate how this team has to boost it's self esteem/confidence/public image by talking. That's not how anything works, ever.

That said, I will really enjoy the play of Braylon Edwards this year. I think he's ready to blossom...It's guys like him and Vernon Gholston (yes...Vernon Gholston) that gives this team somewhat of a soul because...like the Jets as a franchise, they took alot of garbage from people for sucking...unlike the Jets they haven't talked alot to convince people they'll be alright...they've just kept working. Edwards is going to make everyone remember why he was the #3 pick (should have went #1 maybe), set a whole bunch of Big 10/Michigan receiving records, and such a beast in 2007.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"[T]he bottom line is there ain't no man over there that's just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I'm good with that part of it. "

That's how the NFL feels. No one is scared of the Jets.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no offense to Hurricanes (who may be slightly conflicted Monday night), but I can't wait for Raymell baby to stick his large sized male reproductive organ in all the Jets fans and players talking so much **** to shut them up and watch Raymells thighs get men and women aroused all over the globe on national TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Ed Reed was playing. :(
Old 09-09-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
no offense to Hurricanes (who may be slightly conflicted Monday night), but I can't wait for Raymell baby to stick his large sized male reproductive organ in all the Jets fans and players talking so much **** to shut them up and watch Raymells thighs get men and women aroused all over the globe on national TV
It's going to be tough. Obviously I want the Jets to win but I fully expect Rice to have a big game and I want him to. The Jets were pretty bad at stopping the screen last year so it would not surprise me to see Rice going over 100 yards receiving considering his sick pass catching ability.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"[T]he bottom line is there ain't no man over there that's just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I'm good with that part of it. "

That's how the NFL feels. No one is scared of the Jets.
You should be. We're the most Rexgressive football team in the league.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
How could he not be confident? I mean his young team went to a AFC Championship game by destroying the Bengals and beating the mighty Chargers. So he already had that going for him in terms of confidence, his team made a good run.

Then he gets into the offseason and he gets Ladanian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Kyle Wilson and a few serviceable safeties. Add in the potential development of Shonn Greene and Mark Sanchez and you can see where his confidence comes from.

Plus, he is Rex Ryan, he is an arrogant, over confident guy, a trait he acquired from his dad Buddy Ryan. Read some quotes from Buddy Ryan and you could easily picture Rex saying them, for example Buddy was hired by the Eagles and the first thing he says is "We plan on winning the Eastern Division", doesn't that sound familiar? I seem to remember Rex saying nearly the EXACT same thing last summer when he arrived.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post

Then he gets into the offseason and he gets Ladanian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Kyle Wilson and a few serviceable safeties. Add in the potential development of Shonn Greene and Mark Sanchez and you can see where his confidence comes from.
I like how the Jets are built but I feel like I am the only one who looks at this list and can only muster up a 'meh'.

LT: okay let's not get into it, the bottom line is he will be the #2 rb.
Holmes: Suspended, moderately one dimensional, not a gamebreaker.
Cromartie: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Jason Taylor: Done.
Kyle Wilson: Awesome, but let me know the next time a rookie CB does something.

They better hope Sanchez has grown leaps and bounds because the roster is simply not that different from the 7-7 team that got let into the playoffs by the Bengals and Colts.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote