Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bush loses Heisman

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...hheisman090710

Now i know its yahoo, but they do get a lot of stuff right. What do you guys think?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Espn is reporting it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Espn is reporting it too.
Yeah, i just turned on sportscenter and saw it.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should put this in the college football section.

But I couldn't care less about Bush. If anything, I agree with the decision to strip it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im gonna remember him as the best player in college football in 2006 regardless of the USC shenanigans.

i dont agree with them taking it away from him, it doesnt really do any good 4 years later. bush is making another $8 million this year in base salary, im sure hes not totally devastated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's over and done with taking it away changes nothing.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Reggie Bush could give 2 shits about it.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's stupid. Nothing he did off the field influenced his play on the field. He didn't cheat the game.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's over and done with taking it away changes nothing.
Yeah, he was still by far the best player in college football that year throughout the regular season (remember, the Heisman is a regular season award) and this doesn't change that. Anyone who watched college football that year will remember what Bush did.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like the Heisman is a huge deal like it used to be, it's no different then what the NFL pro bowl has become a popularity contest.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people today don't believe in any accountability in college football. Bush's family was living in a HOUSE paid for by an agent while he was at USC, among other illegal payments.
USC is on a near death penalty probation specifically because of the actions of Reggie Bush.

He'll never be able to step foot on the campus again without his name being mud.

He's the most disgraced USC runner since O.J., and he brought it all on himself because of his ego.

You can say losing the Heisman means nothing to Bush.
I bet it does.

The NCAA isn't spotless, but we can't act like 'rules' don't matter either.
How would folks feel if Phil Knight was paying top Oregon recruits $150,000 large to play for the Ducks, chump change for a guy like him??

Fans nowadays have become so cynical, I really have a hard time understanding the appeal of a site like SWDC.

It's like we're all debating the merits of professional wrestling...who cares if it's all fake anyway??

Reggie Bush is a loser. Still, a rich one, but the fact remains he put his own needs above those of his teammates.

If I was on the NC teams, I'd be pissed off at the guy for life. USC fans can claim until the end of time they really won those championships, except that they didn't.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to clarify: is his name being taken out of the record books as a Heisman winner, or do they actually come to pick up the Heisman trophy from Bush? Because if he keeps the trophy who gives a damn about what the record book says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bush was a pampered athlete his whole life....if any of you say you wouldnt take free stuff from a top national championship program to play for them while your in college and busting your ass to play football for them i would call you a liar. i cant blame bush for taking such "gifts", i would have done the same and probably asked for more. this goes on USC, not an 17-18 year old RB

thats a good point...do they actually take the trophy? i would have that ***** melted down and tell them to **** off

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It's like we're all debating the merits of professional wrestling...who cares if it's all fake anyway??
It's still real to me dammit...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
bush was a pampered athlete his whole life....if any of you say you wouldnt take free stuff from a top national championship program to play for them while your in college and busting your ass to play football for them i would call you a liar. i cant blame bush for taking such "gifts", i would have done the same and probably asked for more. this goes on USC, not an 17-18 year old RB

thats a good point...do they actually take the trophy? i would have that ***** melted down and tell them to **** off
If this is how you really feel, the member universities of the NCAA need to end the pretense, abandon the NCAA and form their own athletic association.

Treat them all like minor league prospects, pay them whatever you want and let them juice up like Dominican baseball players.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 09-07-2010 at 10:19 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If this his how you really feel, the member universities of the NCAA need to end the pretense, abandon the NCAA and form their own athletic association.

Treat them all like minor league prospects, pay them whatever you want and let them juice up like Dominican baseball players.
i didnt say this should happen, USC was clearly in violation of many things during this time....but it cant be put on bush who was just a ******* child at the time. these athletes are immature and stupid, they just like anyone would get big eyes when a bunch of nice, free stuff is put in front of them to persuade them

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, he was still by far the best player in college football that year throughout the regular season
You're crazy if you think he was head and shoulders better than Vince Young that season. VY had some unreal games for that undefeated Texas team.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You're crazy if you think he was head and shoulders better than Vince Young that season. VY had some unreal games for that undefeated Texas team.
This is very true, i was gunna say something but didnt think anyone woulda bought it.

But Young carried that texas team in a few games where they just didnt show up. There were multiple games that year that the team didnt look very good but Young pulled them through and carried them to that NC game.

Bush had a few of those games where he was damn good (fresno state in particular, ND was a good one from him too) but in the end he had Leinart and LenWhale helpin him out. He was amazing at times but he didnt have the hopes of the whole team on his back as much as vince did imo.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then a LOT of people that follow college football closely are crazy. Take away that Rose Bowl game, which isn't part of voting (although I feel bowl games should be) and he was no where near as impressive. Hindsight is 20/20 but according to the rules Bush was clearly the heisman winner that year.

Taking away the trophy is stupid. Who really cares if his parents got a house? Oh no! GASP! It's not like a crime happened, it's just "to protect the integrity" that doesn't actually exist and this is just one case out of hundreds and he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I get that he broke the rules but it's too late. They voted him the winner. Taking it away years later makes everyone look like a douche.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently people forgot that Vince Young was better than Reggie Bush the entire season, even prior to the Rose Bowl. I'm sorry, leading your team to beating Ohio State on the road is more impressive than dominating Notre Dame and Fresno State. Vince Young was dominant throughout, but his best performances came in the first half of the season so it wasn't as fresh in the minds of the voters. He was still great, but he didn't get much of a challenge or opportunity for greatness in the Big XII that year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im gonna remember him as the best player in college football in 2006 regardless of the USC shenanigans.

i dont agree with them taking it away from him, it doesnt really do any good 4 years later. bush is making another $8 million this year in base salary, im sure hes not totally devastated
Yeah but I am sure it hurts to know that they erased him from school history basically. You work hard to accomplish stuff at USC only to see them format you from their hard drives.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush run v. Fresno State is the definitive play of that season. Ya, he's a turd of an NFL RB, but he was so much better than everyone in college...it was insane!
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really feel like debating with a Texas fan, but Bush received the second most first place votes in the award's history and received ten times more first place votes than Vince Young. If not for the amazingly ridiculous Rose Bowl performance by Young, this wouldn't even be debated today.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Apparently people forgot that Vince Young was better than Reggie Bush the entire season, even prior to the Rose Bowl. I'm sorry, leading your team to beating Ohio State on the road is more impressive than dominating Notre Dame and Fresno State. Vince Young was dominant throughout, but his best performances came in the first half of the season so it wasn't as fresh in the minds of the voters. He was still great, but he didn't get much of a challenge or opportunity for greatness in the Big XII that year.
I don't think anyone is going to argue that Vince Young had anything short of an amazing season. It's simply that Bush had one of those "man among boy" seasons. There wasn't a single game in the season that he didn't look like a college star playing against high schoolers and there were several games where he looked like a hall-of-fame NFLer against high schoolers. He averaged over 8.5 yards a carry and over 12 yards per reception. There's a reason (almost) everyone was drooling over him as the #1 pick.

Vince Young's season, as good as it was, was not the same. It's also important to recognize that the Heisman is NOT an MVP award. If it was, VY wins it hands down. It goes to the most outstanding player (*on a great team,) which was Bush.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 09-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can someone tell me what happened? i thought he took like some money from companys, how is that changing what he did on the field?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote