Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was Wally. Might I ask why?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
It was Wally. Might I ask why?
Hah I knew it was Wally! I messaged him on gtalk and he didn't respond.

I was reading the Hearthstone forum on reddit and someone named Mercyfulfate was posting on there. Not sure if that's him too, but it brought back TOR memories and I was trying to place the name.

I rule!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I doubt thats Wally on there and I feel like we have had this conversation before.

And you are right 95% sure that was his Op Sniper.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never played a full fledged MMORPG because of the monetary commitment. I don't know that I really like them yet. I have played the free to play LOTRO a bit and dabbled in SWTOR, but I know I don't get to see what an MMORPG is like without paying for it.

Any suggestions on a low-cost forray into the MMORPG realm?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Guild Wars 2 is pretty solid or just say screw it and join in with the horde of us that are going to play Elder Scrolls Online.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guild Wars 2 is a nice change up from the normal MMO pattern. I also really like Rift, which is now free to play.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I've never played a full fledged MMORPG because of the monetary commitment. I don't know that I really like them yet. I have played the free to play LOTRO a bit and dabbled in SWTOR, but I know I don't get to see what an MMORPG is like without paying for it.

Any suggestions on a low-cost forray into the MMORPG realm?
You really aren't missing out on much by not paying to play those games. Most MMOs right now are instanced dungeons and kind of just garbo overall, thanks to WoW.

The only full-on, proper MMOs that I know of right now are Eve and Darkfall (if it's out). But Rift and Guild Wars 2 are both good WoW-likes and are enjoyable. Rift seems to be starting to separate itself from the WoW formula at least a little bit, from what I can tell. I haven't played LOTRO, but from what I am told by my friends with similar taste, it's a really good PvE MMO.

Last edited by nepg : 06-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GW2 is drastically different from WoW. The only things they have in common is that they're MMOs.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
GW2 is drastically different from WoW. The only things they have in common is that they're MMOs.
But is it any good?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

GW2 is a good game, yeah, and it's on sale for like $33 right now I think. The dynamic event system is really cool, and most of the classes are fun. Leveling is also really easy and you can log in for 5 minutes and feel like you've accomplished something which is drastically different than other games.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh I wouldn't recommend GW2. Very simple, no real endgame, lackluster pvp, buy all the best gear from vendors. Very casual. Not what I look for in a MMO.

You should play EVE with me ^_^ Awesome sandbox universe, and you can progress while offline since all skills are just queued up and take time to train. It's like the wild west in space, pretty much do what you want. Scam and steal from people, be a pirate or bounty hunter, mine, play the markets with the full player driven economy, craft awesome ships, just so much to do.

I've also downloaded the Star Wars Galaxies EMU to mess around on with a friend. Kinda just waiting for EverQuest Next at this point.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-30-2013 at 03:54 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's hasn't played many MMOs before, so a casual game is probably best. shrug. Eve is a solid choice too. There aren't really any "good" MMOs out there right now, but hopefully that changes this year.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's hasn't played many MMOs before, so a casual game is probably best. shrug. Eve is a solid choice too. There aren't really any "good" MMOs out there right now, but hopefully that changes this year.
Yeah that's true. GW2 is a decent game for what it does, just as I said not what I'm looking for. My friend Dirge is playing it next to me right now actually lol. I played a little last night. It's good for what it does, theres no endgame and the point is just to play and enjoy. The level scaling in areas, which are usually some beautiful environments, to experience all the content without being overpowered is some neat stuff. But if he wants a real MMO experience, GW2 isn't really going to deliver.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

They are coming out with their version of "raids" soon apparently. Not much info is known about it yet though.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From all accounts, FFXIV is legit. I'm skeptical, but everyone I've talked to and everything I've read says it's a great game and nothing like the dog **** they originally were going to put out.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
From all accounts, FFXIV is legit. I'm skeptical, but everyone I've talked to and everything I've read says it's a great game and nothing like the dog **** they originally were going to put out.
They LEGIT released the game and it was total dog **** so they had to take it down and restart. I'm not really all that sold to be honest.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I got a beta invite for FFXIV.

Maybe ill give it a good run through and see how it is.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd play the beta and mess around with their take on Bard, but meh.

In related news, I'm having problems buying a mouse. Someone give me options or what they use/have used in the past. Gogo.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I could just never really get into GW2. EVE seems interesting because I love deep games, but it seems pretty damn complex (I know, that may seem like a contradiction), as well as the factor I'm not sure it'd be worth paying for it monthly.

I'm really not that excited about ESO. I try not to make judgements based on just what I've seen at this point, but honestly, it looks terrible.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

My excitement for ESO has cooled drastically since it was announced. I'm still ridiculously excited about EQNext though. EQ was my first real MMO and I hardcore'd the **** out of that in HS. I was a raiding Cleric and I'll probably do the same in EQNext. I can't wait for August for SoE Live!

Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am interested in EQNext. I just have heard very little about it, coupled by the fact that SOE is for the most part, a steaming pile of dog poo.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I am interested in EQNext. I just have heard very little about it, coupled by the fact that SOE is for the most part, a steaming pile of dog poo.
Do you like ANY companies? Haha.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you like ANY companies? Haha.
Plenty, just I have zero faith in SOE since I'm not sure if they've ever put out a good MMO.

As I said though, I am hopeful.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Plenty, just I have zero faith in SOE since I'm not sure if they've ever put out a good MMO.

As I said though, I am hopeful.
Well, considering EverQuest is the best MMO of all time..

Old 06-30-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, considering EverQuest is the best MMO of all time..
Was Everquest originally made by SOE? I didn't think it was.