Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Was Everquest originally made by SOE? I didn't think it was.
From the Wiki:

It was developed by Sony's 989 Studios and its early-1999 spin-off Verant Interactive, and published by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE).

I knew it was Verant, but I wasn't sure if Sony acquired them after the game went live or if it was already an SoE company.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
From the Wiki:

It was developed by Sony's 989 Studios and its early-1999 spin-off Verant Interactive, and published by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE).

I knew it was Verant, but I wasn't sure if Sony acquired them after the game went live or if it was already an SoE company.
Uhhh. So no? yes? Haha, I'm not sure what this means!

Also, EQ2 was poopy. MMOs in general have made me bitter and untrustworthy of all future MMOs. TOR broke my heart. ;(
Old 06-30-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, it was a Sony company basically, and EQ2 wasn't.. poopy. It just wasn't as great as original EQ.

And TOR was a great game and still is imo! Just no one I know plays it, or I'd be on that ***** all day.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, it was a Sony company basically, and EQ2 wasn't.. poopy. It just wasn't as great as original EQ.

And TOR was a great game and still is imo! Just no one I know plays it, or I'd be on that ***** all day.
Yeah, part of me wants to play some TOR again. Then part of me doesn't.

I wasn't an EQ2 fan, personally though. I played it a lot in beta but..eh. Just didn't do it for me.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started playing TOR again shortly before the expansion, leveled a new character with a friend. We were wanting to raid but our guild disbanded shortly after gearing up for it.

EQ2 was alright, it had some fun open dungeons.

SOE also had Star Wars Galaxies, which was great until they ruined it...

I'm in the FFXIV beta, wasn't that impressed in phase one. Didn't play in phase 2, and I've started to play again now that phase 3 started a couple of weeks ago. It's alright, I need to get higher level.

Also about mouses, I have friends who use that G500 and they really like it. I am not a fan of the shape personally.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-30-2013 at 10:05 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, part of me wants to play some TOR again. Then part of me doesn't.

I wasn't an EQ2 fan, personally though. I played it a lot in beta but..eh. Just didn't do it for me.
I was sorely dissapointed in it when it went free...plus Cain, Vidae and Grizz abandoned me in it.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Also about mouses, I have friends who use that G500 and they really like it. I am not a fan of the shape personally.
Maybe I'll get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I was sorely dissapointed in it when it went free...plus Cain, Vidae and Grizz abandoned me in it.
Uh did you forget about us pvping together?! OBVIOUSLY YOU DID, BUT I DIDN'T! I CHERISH OUR FRIENDSHIP TOO MUCH TO JUST FORGET YOU WALLY!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So I woke up this morning and had an email that said Summer Sale in the subject.. I got so excited before I realized it was for a local store here and not Steam. :(

Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Indeed. Summer sale needs to hurry its jerk face up.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Someone give me their FFXIV beta access, I'm bored.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Someone give me their FFXIV beta access, I'm bored.
Ew, gross. Don't do it!!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

ALSO, nrk, I meant to ask you: What is SWG EMU? Please tell me, damn it! Is it terrible? I will say, SWG had some pretty terrible and serious flaws, but I used to have a LOT of fun playing that game at the beginning. I mean, at release, the game was epic in terms of lagginess/bugginess, but prior to some moronic updates the game could be damn awesome. Just the way the economy/crafting worked was awesome.

I used to be a doctor and would hand out amazing buffs for money/random cool items. Was so much fun.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately the FFXIV beta is only active during the weekends.

SWG Emu is an emulated Pre-CU server. They've been working on it for years and it's not that bad. They're still working on some stuff like Jump to Lightspeed, and other features. Most of it's in there, all crafting, professions except for Creature Handler (QQ, I want my Rancor pet back), player cities, all the types of missions, etc. I'm leveling a combat medic while my friend is leveling a teras kasi artist.

There's also an EverQuest emulator I downloaded. Playing on the Project 1999 server thats up to Kunark, and they're hoping to get out Velious asap.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you should join us on day z instead nrk :D

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Unfortunately the FFXIV beta is only active during the weekends.

SWG Emu is an emulated Pre-CU server. They've been working on it for years and it's not that bad. They're still working on some stuff like Jump to Lightspeed, and other features. Most of it's in there, all crafting, professions except for Creature Handler (QQ, I want my Rancor pet back), player cities, all the types of missions, etc. I'm leveling a combat medic while my friend is leveling a teras kasi artist.

There's also an EverQuest emulator I downloaded. Playing on the Project 1999 server thats up to Kunark, and they're hoping to get out Velious asap.
I played on p99 for a while. I have a 45ish+ Cleric and a 38ish+ Shaman. Solid server, but nothing great. Still worth it if you have some friends playing with you though.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
GW2 is a good game, yeah, and it's on sale for like $33 right now I think. The dynamic event system is really cool, and most of the classes are fun. Leveling is also really easy and you can log in for 5 minutes and feel like you've accomplished something which is drastically different than other games.
Yeah, GW2 sounds like something I might be interested in.

I'm not one to really delve in too deeply to crafting, but does it have a solid crafting option?

I like the concept of being able to find resources along the way, mine them and turn them into useful weapons/armor/etc.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just DL'd SWTOR to give it a go free to play. We'll see how I like it.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Yeah, GW2 sounds like something I might be interested in.

I'm not one to really delve in too deeply to crafting, but does it have a solid crafting option?

I like the concept of being able to find resources along the way, mine them and turn them into useful weapons/armor/etc.
The crafting system in GW2 is one of the best things about it, imo. You can COMPLETELY level through crafting if you want.

Quote:
I just DL'd SWTOR to give it a go free to play. We'll see how I like it.
I still really like TOR. I wish more people played it.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this TOR talk made me google, KTOR

played this game, on Xbox. No way it could be worth this much.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3705372...pes&va r=sbar
Old 07-01-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
All this TOR talk made me google, KTOR

played this game, on Xbox. No way it could be worth this much.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3705372...pes&va r=sbar
I freaking loved those games. Still own them on Steam. I break them out every once in a while and do a run through.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
The crafting system in GW2 is one of the best things about it, imo. You can COMPLETELY level through crafting if you want.

I still really like TOR. I wish more people played it.
Yeah, I'm not that into crafting, but it certainly is good to know it allows you to do that.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
you should join us on day z instead nrk :D
I'd be down to try it sometime, let me know when you play sometime on Steam. My friend borrowed my laptop so he could play SimCity, so if I don't respond on Origin it's probably not me.

You can buy KOTOR 1 & 2 for $9.99 each on Steam. I still have my Xbox copies, maybe I should try selling those on ebay haha.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we're on every night pretty much I was just playing a minute ago trying to level my guy up to level 2 and killed a bunch of guys and stole a car it was pretty crazy. I'll message tonight when we play!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hmmm... Consular or knight? I think I'll start with a Jedi knight.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Hmmm... Consular or knight? I think I'll start with a Jedi knight.
The Consular story is complete dog ****, so anything but that.

Knight is probably a good choice.