Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last good GTA was San Andreas. They've been total trash since.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're trash

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The last good GTA was San Andreas. They've been total trash since.
The one game they had since SA? lol

I'm playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment and really enjoying it. Will likely not be picking up GTAV immediately because I want to see if I can hold out for the PC version, but we'll see... It looks like a load of fun.

Lately, I've been playing Ultima Online on a T2A server (before it started to get ******).

Last edited by nepg : 09-03-2013 at 12:32 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
problem number 1. Your wife told you how much money you can spend. pfft NEVER!
Haha! She's the one who suggested I buy a new headset.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Hell if you send me enough for shipping I have a pair of ones I got free.
Quote:
Interestingly enough it is the Creative HS-800 Fatal1ty.

Let me know NIP!
I'll hit you up on PM

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The one game they had since SA? lol

I'm playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment and really enjoying it. Will likely not be picking up GTAV immediately because I want to see if I can hold out for the PC version, but we'll see... It looks like a load of fun.

Lately, I've been playing Ultima Online on a T2A server (before it started to get ******).
Yeah. Pretty much. I was also considering the DLC stuff as well.

I like Sleeping Dogs way more than GTA. Just better storytelling and action.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sleeping dogs was great minus the god awful driving. i'm guessing that was better with a controller, though.
Wouldn't know how else it played, but yeah, I thought the driving was OK. Not great, but passable. Hijacking cars while moving was the highlight of the system.

The only thing that seriously got me about the game was the pacing. Without spoiling everything, I thought the story was going to go on for another arc than it did. It really felt like it was building towards something that never quite came.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell if you send me enough for shipping I have a pair of ones I got free.
I thought you were referring to testicles...which sir you are also minus 1 pair.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I thought you were referring to testicles...which sir you are also minus 1 pair.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was looking through the game sale going on Amazon right now and I noticed Dark Souls is $7 on Amazon for a bit. If some of you PC only/mostly PC guys missed it, I highly recommend picking it up. Easily one of the best games of this current console cycle. Just a completely engrossing game that oozes style and atmosphere. Easily some of the best, deepest combat ever found in an RPG as well.

Every issue with the port is fixed with simply unzipping a file as well. Provided you have a controller anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-05-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything this guy just said, believe it. Go out and get it because its incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is going to be in my rig real soon!

Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Everything this guy just said, believe it. Go out and get it because its incredible.
Didn't know you liked it. That's awesome man. Did you know there's a signup for the Dark Souls 2 beta coming up any hour now? PS3 only, but I'm super pumped about it.

I think my favorite things about those games are just how implicit everything is. There's just this real weird, mysterious atmosphere that permeates everything. You really have to discover the story instead of just having it dumped on you throughout the course of the game.

The combat is amazing too. You don't see too many games that punish you as hard for mistakes as Dark Souls does. It also rewards you for engaging with it's systems and learning the mechanics. The movesets for weapons are relatively simple.... but they interface with enemy attacks, blocking, and dodging in such interesting and engaging ways.

But yeah, it's an incredible game and for $7 bucks, everyone should try it. That includes the DLC as well, which was probably the best part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

this is going to be in my rig real soon!

I almost sprung for one of those after I killed one of my 670's. The current wave of Nvidia cards kind of pissed me off. Everything is a complete refresh aside from the 780, which is both a monster and entirely too expensive. Great card though.

....although I might wait. AMD's new GPU's are supposedly launching in October/November. Supposedly real strong as well, although I don't have any hard benchmarks to confirm that. There's even some smoke out there that Nvidia may launch Maxwell early in response to AMD's punch. Real weird time to be in the market for a graphics card.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really trust AMD. They run hot and Catalyst is a piece of ****.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't really trust AMD. They run hot and Catalyst is a piece of ****.
Not my thing either. I had a 7950 for mining Buttcoins earlier in the year, but I just didn't like the software as much. Crossfire has some pretty serious issues as well. Heard they fixed them recently, but the microstutter on Crossfire setups was outright intolerable for me last time I played with it.

...but at the very least, new AMD cards will drive the price of the 700 series down. The 780 in particular is ripe for a price cut.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-05-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Didn't know you liked it. That's awesome man. Did you know there's a signup for the Dark Souls 2 beta coming up any hour now? PS3 only, but I'm super pumped about it.

I think my favorite things about those games are just how implicit everything is. There's just this real weird, mysterious atmosphere that permeates everything. You really have to discover the story instead of just having it dumped on you throughout the course of the game.

The combat is amazing too. You don't see too many games that punish you as hard for mistakes as Dark Souls does. It also rewards you for engaging with it's systems and learning the mechanics. The movesets for weapons are relatively simple.... but they interface with enemy attacks, blocking, and dodging in such interesting and engaging ways.

But yeah, it's an incredible game and for $7 bucks, everyone should try it. That includes the DLC as well, which was probably the best part of the game.
I pretty much couldnt agree more with you. The atmosphere is what sucked me in. I have yet to get the DLC, and my roommate swears hes going to buy it for me one day so I can play through it. Best 30 bucks Ive ever spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I bought Dark Souls a while back but due to my computer crapping out and me being at school I haven't had a chance to play.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I bought Dark Souls a while back but due to my computer crapping out and me being at school I haven't had a chance to play.
Did you ever get that fixed by the way? I remember you posting about it but I never saw if you resolved the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I pretty much couldnt agree more with you. The atmosphere is what sucked me in. I have yet to get the DLC, and my roommate swears hes going to buy it for me one day so I can play through it. Best 30 bucks Ive ever spent.
You totally should. Without spoiling anything, the second boss fight is among the best in a series that prides itself on having orgasmic bossfights. If you're into the story stuff, the implications the DLC really answers some questions about the primeval serpents and the actual Dark Soul.

But seriously, the storytelling is awesome.

I mean, seriously how awesome is stuff like that? It's all buried fairly deep....but that's part of what makes it so cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-05-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if I let you and Jvig know but I did eventually end up beating Dark Souls.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Don't know if I let you and Jvig know but I did eventually end up beating Dark Souls.
Nice. What kind of characters did you guys play?

I tend to roll mostly pure melee two handing strength weapons. It's statistically weaker than going with Dex based weapons, but it's just so much more fun for me to play. The Claymore is probably my favorite weapon. Whenever I start a new game, I grab some pine reason and kill the dragon on the bridge to grab it. Love how versatile the moveset is.

If you guys haven't played Demon's Souls, that's totally worth playing as well. Dark Souls does some a ton of minor mechanical things that really makes the game feel more refined and the visual style is a little dated, but it's still an absolute blast to play. May even be a little bit harder.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2013, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Did you ever get that fixed by the way? I remember you posting about it but I never saw if you resolved the issue.

You totally should. Without spoiling anything, the second boss fight is among the best in a series that prides itself on having orgasmic bossfights. If you're into the story stuff, the implications the DLC really answers some questions about the primeval serpents and the actual Dark Soul.

But seriously, the storytelling is awesome.

I mean, seriously how awesome is stuff like that? It's all buried fairly deep....but that's part of what makes it so cool.
Nah I haven't gotten it fixed. I left my computer back home. Honestly when I'm at school I don't get much of a chance to play but I needed to replace the motherboard and the processor and I'm way too broke for that now. Hopefully in a month or two after I get a few paychecks.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Nah I haven't gotten it fixed. I left my computer back home. Honestly when I'm at school I don't get much of a chance to play but I needed to replace the motherboard and the processor and I'm way too broke for that now. Hopefully in a month or two after I get a few paychecks.
That's rough man. I had one of my graphics cards go bad earlier in the year and I was less than pleased....even though it was 100% my fault. Ever find out wat exactly happened?? If I remember correctly, you just installed a new GPU. That shouldn't happen obviously.

If you're going Intel, Haswell didn't really do much for desktop performance unfortunately. Some of the motherboards out there right now are really cool as **** though. With Intel moving more and more on to the chip, boards have really come out with some pretty cool features.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
That's rough man. I had one of my graphics cards go bad earlier in the year and I was less than pleased....even though it was 100% my fault. Ever find out wat exactly happened?? If I remember correctly, you just installed a new GPU. That shouldn't happen obviously.

If you're going Intel, Haswell didn't really do much for desktop performance unfortunately. Some of the motherboards out there right now are really cool as **** though. With Intel moving more and more on to the chip, boards have really come out with some pretty cool features.
Yeah, I honestly have no idea what happened. It didn't make any sense. I guess maybe something just shorted out on the motherboard which killed the USB ports.

I think my processor is fine but they make like one MB for the current processor I have so it probably just makes more sense to upgrade my processor at the same time.

I'm definitely going Intel. Just had WAY too much success with them to go anything else. I've been looking at some Haswell processors. I may go with an i5 just to save a bit of money.

Think I'm going to get a new case too. My old case was way too cramped for my liking. Made installing new parts a pain in the ass.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Without making any definitive statements about what will happen next gen before they actually happen, an i5 should be absolutely fine. Games have a hard enough time using more than one core and mostly rely on singlethreaded performance. Crysis 3 and Battlefield are exceptions, but the performance gain isn't even that substantial.

Yeah, a big case can be really awesome. Just don't make the same mistake I did with my recent case purchase. I bought a Corsair 900D based purely on how many radiators it could hold for water cooling without bothering to look at the measurements. Whoops. The thing is gargantuan and weights like 50 pounds. Ended up working out for me as I am planning on doing a pretty serious water cooling loop in the near future and I have the space for it, but I probably should have went with something smaller haha. It is nice to have the additional space to work with though...and it does look pretty awesome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

build it in a fish take.