Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mic and headphones should be here tomorrow so we will all have to play DayZ or something

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
mic and headphones should be here tomorrow so we will all have to play DayZ or something
I'd be down. It should hopefully be getting a really nice patch soon to clean up some of the issues with it right now.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got killed yesterday with 240 rds of stanag and a ton of food/water, but no guns to use the ammo. Damn!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to find something to play. Nothing is holding my interest right now. :-(
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to start playing Rust this weekend.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think once Rust goes on sale I'll grab it for sure. Let me know how it is. I just can't get enough survival games.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have to let me know how Rust is.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
You guys have to let me know how Rust is.
same here I have been on the fence on it
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know how good Rust is?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Anyone know how good Rust is?
I actually ended up buying it. It's not bad. Pretty basic, not unexpectedly since it's an alpha. I think it has good potential for sure.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend and I had a good bit of fun with it last night. It's really easy to get into. The controls aren't a clusterfuck like with DayZ, and that's a huge plus. The crafting is also well-done.

It's still an Alpha, but it's very playable. The survival aspects are well-implemented. You have to be really careful where you setup shop. My friend and I setup shop in a cave-like area on a mountain, but were spotted because the light from our fire was reflecting off of the mountain above us.

It takes a bit to learn the map. I still get turned around pretty easily. I'd say even if this game wasn't an alpha, it's easily worth the $20 as-is

The console command "censor.nudity false" is certainly something else...

Starting off, you want to get a stone hatchet (10 wood, 5 stone). Your next goals will be getting some food (kill a boar and build a campfire to cook it), building a shelter (80 wood total with a door), and a sleeping bag (15 cloth). Building some private storage is key. Once you do that and are able to run around without everything you own on you, dying isn't so terrible.

Last edited by nepg : 01-18-2014 at 11:39 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Rust can be downloaded and cracked to play online. I have a friend who has been playing that way. I haven't played it myself.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Apparently Rust can be downloaded and cracked to play online. I have a friend who has been playing that way. I haven't played it myself.
The game is pretty open to that kind of business add well as hacking since it's an alpha. If you're doing either and not reporting that you're able to, you're just a piece of ****, though.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
this mic doesnt pick up my voice at all :/

its about a foot from my face, any ideas?

Old 01-18-2014, 06:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The game is pretty open to that kind of business add well as hacking since it's an alpha. If you're doing either and not reporting that you're able to, you're just a piece of ****, though.
I talked to my friend and he has actually purchased the game now. Piracy can be good ^_^

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I talked to my friend and he has actually purchased the game now. Piracy can be good ^_^
Oh, I agree with that, but he should also report how he was able to pirate it so the developer (creator of Gary's Mod btw) can fix potential serious issues.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:

Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in again?
Old 01-18-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i did indeed try that :p

Old 01-18-2014, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
My friend and I had a good bit of fun with it last night. It's really easy to get into. The controls aren't a clusterfuck like with DayZ, and that's a huge plus. The crafting is also well-done.

It's still an Alpha, but it's very playable. The survival aspects are well-implemented. You have to be really careful where you setup shop. My friend and I setup shop in a cave-like area on a mountain, but were spotted because the light from our fire was reflecting off of the mountain above us.

It takes a bit to learn the map. I still get turned around pretty easily. I'd say even if this game wasn't an alpha, it's easily worth the $20 as-is

The console command "censor.nudity false" is certainly something else...

Starting off, you want to get a stone hatchet (10 wood, 5 stone). Your next goals will be getting some food (kill a boar and build a campfire to cook it), building a shelter (80 wood total with a door), and a sleeping bag (15 cloth). Building some private storage is key. Once you do that and are able to run around without everything you own on you, dying isn't so terrible.
Wally and I were playing it most of today. It's very fun. Unfortunately, like DayZ, I can see how it lacks a bit of end game. It's pretty deep, but once you start to store your items, learn/research how to craft new items it becomes very easy. But it's only early alpha so the potential and room for improvement is amazing.

You guys should join our server. We have a sweet spot we found and have quite a bit of stuff. The admins are super friendly too. I don't have the server info at the moment because I'm at work but I will try to post it tomorrow.

I think it will be really fun hopping from DayZ and Rust. They both present really fun/cool different takes on survival games.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Interesting. It works when you use it close to your face though? Like I said mine is sitting on top of my monitor and it works fine. I use Push-To-Talk with the key on my mouse and I haven't had any issues :o

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

You guys should join our server. We have a sweet spot we found and have quite a bit of stuff. The admins are super friendly too. I don't have the server info at the moment because I'm at work but I will try to post it tomorrow.
I might take you up on this. Because I think Im waiting for it go on sale and then Im gonna buy it.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking about getting a new video card. Looking at the 760. Thoughts?

I have EVGA 250 gts so anything I get right now will be a huge upgrade.

What brands have you found to be the most reliable? I've only gone with EVGA, but MSI and ASUS seem to have very solid deals on the models I'm looking at. I'm not sure I really care for Gigabyte, but my bad experience with them was about 10 years ago.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 01-20-2014 at 07:38 PM.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EVGA has the best performance and cooled cards out right now.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperCloc...ywords=gtx+760

I have the same one but the gtx 780 version, really quiet and doesn't produce a lot of heat.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i've had really bad luck with evga overclocked cards. i don't think they do thorough testing. i'm using one now, but it's the third return (microcenter isn't too far away, so the great deal outweighed the potential to return it again).
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, i had to rma my evga sc, too. Wouldn't advise them. Best nvidia is the open air Asus (sold out when i bought my parts). EVGA is quality, just not the factory overclocked, apparently.

The 760 is the best bang for the buck for a higher end card. The 650 ti boost us the best overall deal.