Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

got a superclocked gtx evga 460 3 years ago or so do not reccomend its been ******* up for several months now
Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MSI or ASUS better?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:09 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to yall's evga? A lot of big computer reviews rate EVGA the highest out of all companies, if you got a blue screen or anything it's almost always a driver issue that fixed was really easy. Before I got my ATI card I have a EVGA previously and it ran for a solid 3-4 years leaving my computer on all the time.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
MSI or ASUS better?
EVGA and Asus are pretty much on par as the Top Tier Nvidia brands, generally. Just don't get anything factory overclocked. Asus has the best nvidia card right now with its open air cooled GPU.

Pretty sure Gigabyte is #3 behind Asus and EVGA. The tri-fan cooler they stick on their cards is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
What happened to yall's evga? A lot of big computer reviews rate EVGA the highest out of all companies, if you got a blue screen or anything it's almost always a driver issue that fixed was really easy. Before I got my ATI card I have a EVGA previously and it ran for a solid 3-4 years leaving my computer on all the time.
EVGA is great. It's the factory overclocked version of their product that seems to be pretty shoddy. My card fried itself after 2-3 days. Like njx said, I don't think they test those very thoroughly before shipping them out for retail.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:49 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
like i said, i think their testing is just weak. my current card has worked for over a year without issue, but the two before had to go back immediately and within a week. it wasn't a huge issue for me, since it's really easy to make a return, but i would hesitate to buy from them in the future if my choices were like, amazon or newegg.

* edit: yes, just the OC versions, i've never had an issue with their non-oc cards.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I have to send the next one back, I'm getting a refund and a different card, for sure. I'll give them this one chance.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the best way to transfer my drivers from my HDD to my new SDD?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
What's the best way to transfer my drivers from my HDD to my new SDD?
Fresh install >>>> transferring

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need to get an SSD... but I really don't want to **** with it.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Easily the most cost-efficient way of speeding up your computer. As far as messing with it they are a piece of cake. Reinstall windows and you only have to mess with a setting or two to get optimal performance especially if you have Windows 7.

I got one a little over a year ago and the difference is amazing.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried that but for whatever reason my internet isn't functioning correctly, could possibly be that I went with ultimate this time instead of home premium.

This would be more frustrating but the fact the my PC boots in like 3 seconds now is awesome

Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Tried that but for whatever reason my internet isn't functioning correctly, could possibly be that I went with ultimate this time instead of home premium.

This would be more frustrating but the fact the my PC boots in like 3 seconds now is awesome
Yeah normal boot times make me angry now. Interesting about the internet I'm guessing wireless? If possible use an Ethernet cord to get the wireless drivers :)

Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Nope Ethernet

Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Trying with home premium now which is what I had before

Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Fresh install is the way to go, but Samsung SSDs come with fantastic migration software.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking for a badass computer to run hearthstone on max settings, any idea what I should be looking for?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Looking for a badass computer to run hearthstone on max settings, any idea what I should be looking for?
Hearthstone really isn't a graphic intensive game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never did a fresh install just go into your bios and set your ssd as #1 boot priority and everything should be normal. My regular hdd still has Windows on it and use it to store stuff still. That way if anything happens to my ssd and it boots to my other hdd I'll know the problem right away

Old 01-22-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone play the arma II, day z mod? I have it and now feel stupid since nobody plays it.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Well since a fresh install didn't work any idea how to food my internet problem, it's a driver issue

Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

it fixed itself :)

Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
does anyone play the arma II, day z mod? I have it and now feel stupid since nobody plays it.
While at present the mod is deeper than the Standalone, but I feel like once you've played the Standalone it's hard to go back. At least for me.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

pretty nice humble bundle deal

Old 01-23-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

guys have any idea how to merge a partition back into my regular HDD? it was from a HP so they had 13 GB of **** on there just trying to add that to the normal partition

Last edited by fenikz : 01-23-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current card is EVGA and I had two 470s sli that were evga and never had a problem. My current one is a superclocked 670.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote