Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Did you play Neocron?
Is that the first ever "fps mmo"? If so, no, but I did watch someone play it.. if that counts? :P

I also recently played Global Agenda which was ok but really lackluster too. PlanetSide was neat when it first came out, but people have to do a lot more to make FPSMMO a viable market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
25$ and 14$ a month if you buy for 3 months. Still not great, but better then retail. I'm going through the trial right now.
Yeah I guess. Like I said, I did like the talent tree/skill system.. thought it was neat, and I really like Bard/Minstrel classes in games so that was a turn-on but overall, after the 10 days, I just felt meh about it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 06-24-2011 at 02:47 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought Rift over Fathers day weekend because it was only $9.99. I went ahead and payed for a month. Ive been playing everyday since, Im really enjoying it.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Fortress 2 free on Steam right now.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Team Fortress 2 free on Steam right now.
Prolly will download and play but my bet it wont be as fun...with buyable things that make you better plus the increase in cheaters will prolly kill it dead.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most servers have anti-cheat stuff on, and items were always part of the game. You can get every item through playing that you can buy anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

I've been playing it like crazy and it's so gd fun. Forenci and I (and another friend of mine) were heavy-medicing it up last night. Let me know if people feel like playing with us.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Most servers have anti-cheat stuff on, and items were always part of the game. You can get every item through playing that you can buy anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

I've been playing it like crazy and it's so gd fun. Forenci and I (and another friend of mine) were heavy-medicing it up last night. Let me know if people feel like playing with us.
I have no idea the premise of the game lol... I just saw it was free and jumped on it.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have to say that I love digging threw my closet of goodies.Came home for the weekend to get of MT Rainier in Washington.Since I bought a new laptop to play games I decided to go threw and see if I could find some old games to play in this laptop.What I found was Triple Play 2001,Return Fire 2 and NCAA fine four 97 should be pretty interesting to play again.Does any one else love playing older games on the PC?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Ill be on after I get off work tonight most likely.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haven't played tf2 in forever.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Forenci and I just ripped it up with two engis. It was awesome.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone was curious but was turned off because it's a port I got a copy of Bulletstorm a week or so ago, one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

It's extremely linear and has a really lame story, but holy **** is it a lot of fun, whipping enemies out of cover, kicking them toward spikes while shooting them in the crotch.

Get suicide bomber type vests, shoot enemies, kick them toward their buddies then detonate them. Rolling bombs that you can bounce off balls and around corners.

Sniper rifles that allow you to turn an enemy in a puppet you can then explode, the list of fun stuff to do is pretty long.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has any one used a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.I've been looking for a descent controller gaming but for this little guy to use a xbox controller for half the price of a pc game pad.What you guys think>
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
If anyone was curious but was turned off because it's a port I got a copy of Bulletstorm a week or so ago, one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

It's extremely linear and has a really lame story, but holy **** is it a lot of fun, whipping enemies out of cover, kicking them toward spikes while shooting them in the crotch.

Get suicide bomber type vests, shoot enemies, kick them toward their buddies then detonate them. Rolling bombs that you can bounce off balls and around corners.

Sniper rifles that allow you to turn an enemy in a puppet you can then explode, the list of fun stuff to do is pretty long.
Also your character is voiced as Spike Spiegel. It can't get much more awesome than that. I just wish the game had a versus type multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Has any one used a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.I've been looking for a descent controller gaming but for this little guy to use a xbox controller for half the price of a pc game pad.What you guys think>
Wired controllers work fine on PC, haven't tried wireless.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I was curious if any one can help.I am trying to play Return fire 2 on my laptop it is more capable to run this game since it is very old for game.My problem is that is says I am missing a file called glide.2dx or something for 3dx graphics.So I was wondering where I could get this file or perhaps there is a work around so i can run the game.Any help would be great guys.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Mine works great but I think it would be cheaper to just get a wired xbox controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if there's a general PC Thread or a Technological thread, but I'm wondering if someone can give me some info. I've had my current computer for probably 5 years and it's dying a slow death.. It gets really slow at times. Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a new computer this summer.

So can someone tell me what the general specs are on computers these days? The technology passed me by quickly. I'm not a PC gamer really but I'd like to be able to play a FPS comfortably if one caught my eye.. I don't want to spend a lot but I also don't want to have to replace a new computer in a few years again. Someone provide me with some guidance plz.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had around $600 in mind.. but if there was something good enough I'd be willing to do $800-$900.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I had around $600 in mind.. but if there was something good enough I'd be willing to do $800-$900.

Willing to build? Just bought a new comp for 650 (and Ill get 50 back in MIR) that can run almost anything.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To buy a box PC, it's really tough to get anything decent at that price. Most of those will have integrated graphics cards which is no bueno.

The very basic things to look for are an i5 Intel processor and an nVidia GeForce graphics card. You're usually in pretty decent shape if you've got those two because everything else should be in place to support them anyway.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as low end gaming PC's go...I actually like ibuypower a lot.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...528D3/16775628

Just buy more RAM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As far as low end gaming PC's go...I actually like ibuypower a lot.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...528D3/16775628

Just buy more RAM.
The one thing I always hated about box systems like that is you never know what brand parts your getting iside. I have always been real particular about the brands of parts I buy. For instance I only purchase ASUS and Biostar MoBo's, XFX and EVGA Brand Nvidia Video Cards, Western Digital and Samsung Hardrives, and OCZ RAM (sometimes Kingston).

The video Card that one comes with is particularly low end. Plus if you want to get more RAM you are going to have to buy 2 x 4 gig sticks and basically scrap your ones that come with it so you will need to add another $60 onto that price.

Take some time, go to newegg. Go in with the amount you want to spend and piece one together. You will come out ahead with a better computer for cheaper. I just put one together to see what it would come out to. You will have similar processor, better ram and more ram, better mobo, better Hardrive, Way better Graphics card, Full tower case and probably a better power supply for $483.94. You could probably drop the price $50 on a mid tower case and another $40 for a cheaper card. A cheaper Mobo could drop ya around 10-20 bucks too.

Putting together a computer is easy.

also just noticed the one at walmarts optimal setting for Black ops was low and its ones for wow are medium. Thats not very good.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Don't ever buy electronics from Wal-Mart (or Radioshack). That is a terrible choice. Also, the specs on that PC aren't good, the parts in it are trash, and you'll have all kinds of problems with it because it's a cheap box (not talking price). Don't buy that computer.

Last edited by nepg : 07-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

You can get a really good machine for $500. If you don't mind putting it together, Tom's Hardware does the hard work for you...just do what this says:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...g-pc,2970.html

The only thing I'd change is bump the CPU up to an i5 if possible (though they use a really high quality i3).
Old 07-02-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
lolwut.

retailer is irrelevant.

the phenom is a very solid, lower tier processor. yes, it's not an i-series. that's why it's cheaper.the graphics card is similar. no, it isn't top end. but i don't recall WMD saying he wanted to play far cry on full detail.

let's try not to spread ridiculous misinformation due to user bias.
It's not misinformation. Retailer and Manufacturer are highly relevant.

Telling him to buy something like that doesn't help. He asked the question so he doesn't end up with a hunk of trash like that machine.

I'm steering him towards good quality for the price and reliability. He'll end up spending a lot more money fixing/replacing that Wal-Mart machine.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, I don't really intend on playing any PC games but I'd like to be able to if I came across one.

I haven't ever build a computer.. I've taken mine apart and replaced RAM and such.. I'm sure building one isn't the most difficult thing in the world and I could find some videos to help out too. I probably wouldn't be against that