Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
I played the Dota2 beta religiously for about a week and could never really get the hang of it. The only characters I could win on consistently enough were Drow and Sniper and thats cuz AD characters just seem to have huge advantage in Dota at the moment.
what do you mean with AD?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
what do you mean with AD?
AD is a generic MOBA term meaning attack damage. Alternatively, you'll see AP which is attack power.

AD = physical damage
AP = magic damage
Old 03-30-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats a real wrong assessment of Dota then. The fun thing about dota is, that there really isnt that many op heroes out there. Drow and Sniper are squishy as ****. if you get to stun or disable them you can nuke them to death in a matter of seconds e.g.

They are so called glass cannons. Neither of them have an escape mechanism and low hp.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 19-5 with Drow and Sniper combined. All I do is farm until I get that Invis item and wait for you team to engage and just Auto Attack to victory (slightly more complicated than that but not really). It probably works so well because I generally play with two friends (a Zeus and Spirit Breaker) and I feel most people (myself included) still don't really know what they're doing so glass cannons work really well.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it is pretty easy to win in DoTA when you roll with a premade. :P

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Pubs are usually full of stupid people. thats why ursa pub stomps so hard.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm 19-5 with Drow and Sniper combined. All I do is farm until I get that Invis item and wait for you team to engage and just Auto Attack to victory (slightly more complicated than that but not really). It probably works so well because I generally play with two friends (a Zeus and Spirit Breaker) and I feel most people (myself included) still don't really know what they're doing so glass cannons work really well.
Drow and Sniper have always been very strong characters for newer players to use because it's hard to **** them up and the strategy is really simple/obvious. If you're relatively patient, you'll always do well with ranged carries.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Drow and Sniper have always been very strong characters for newer players to use because it's hard to **** them up and the strategy is really simple/obvious. If you're relatively patient, you'll always do well with ranged carries.
if you get in 1-2 gangs on them early and ward their forests, its really easy to make them useless really fast.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I want everyone who had a hand in creating that to die.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if you get in 1-2 gangs on them early and ward their forests, its really easy to make them useless really fast.
Im having a really really hard time reading any of your posts. The lesbians....

I think whether it be dota2 when it comes out or LOL, we need to get an nfldc team going. For Lol it would be really easy because of the ranked teams feature.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

im a really good support. i like to play it too. it sucks though cause you cant turn around a game.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im a really good support. i like to play it too. it sucks though cause you cant turn around a game.
Someone who likes to play support? I've never met someone like you before
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

For those of you who are interested in it, Guild Wars 2 is having their first beta weekend April 27th to the 29th :( Why on draft weekend, why?!?

Anyway, if you pre-order it you're automatically entered into every beta weekend they do, so.. get to pre-orderin!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

**** doing anything but sitting on my ass in front of at least 5 TVs and two computers for draft weekend.

Really looking forward to GW2, but I'm done beta'ing games. I get so burnt out on some of them so quickly these days that I'd rather actually get burnt out on the actual product.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Someone who likes to play support? I've never met someone like you before
there is really nothing more awesome than me roaming as a venge and killing people in every lane, swap them out, the stuns can win teamfights stopping epicenters and stuff. its just so much fun. i like warding.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
there is really nothing more awesome than me roaming as a venge and killing people in every lane, swap them out, the stuns can win teamfights stopping epicenters and stuff. its just so much fun. i like warding.
I usually end up playing support as well. Typically, I'll wait for the 4 other derps to pick and then I'll pick the best character possible to go with the **** team comp the teammates have chosen.

I either end up support, which I'm good at, or jungling, which leaves something to be desired, tbh. I'd just started jungling before SWTOR came out and I stopped playing LoL. So it's been quite some time.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I freaking love Lee Sin in LOL. Just started using him regularly a couple weeks ago and I've been carrying pretty much every game.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I freaking love Lee Sin in LOL. Just started using him regularly a couple weeks ago and I've been carrying pretty much every game.
Thats why he gets banned in pretty much every game.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty ******* good at league, supports are huge by the way. As someone who mains ranged AD when not playing Kat, the lanes are almost solely dependent on how much your support understands positioning and ward coverage as well as when to engage with you.

Anyone wants to play, my name is Brėndok (The i is alt code 141), send me a friend invite and just let me know who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
didn't see it mentioned, but diablo3's in open beta this weekend.
Pre-ordered that, cannot wait to see how good that is gonna be. Can't wait to hear Deckard Cain again.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

D3 is extremely underwhelming to me. I am not going to buy or play it now. And this is from one of the biggest D2 fanboys of all time.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I played the beta and I was bored to tears. And the fact that they're shipping the game without some key systems (like pvp) is just insanely meh to me. No thank you.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am looking for some games to play on my PC. I just downloaded Civ 5 (I have Civs 1-4) but really looking for games that are awesome. Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It isn't pvp as much as it is the fact they're shipping the game without some key things in place. That is unlike Blizzard. I'll wait until after the "release" (read: beta test that people will pay for) to see if it has improved at all.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I played the beta and I was bored to tears. And the fact that they're shipping the game without some key systems (like pvp) is just insanely meh to me. No thank you.
This is disappointing :-/ I was looking forward to it.