Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
my friend showed me this the other day and i really want to play it if you have it fill us in looks fun
Was just talking about it in IRC with Forenci.

It is really interesting. Kinda buggy, but it's in alpha so not too surprising - no game breaking bugs thankfully. Take a look at some youtube clips, they are pretty accurate.

It's basically a zombie sim, you die in the game you lose all your gear and start all over. Nobody can be trusted, a lot of people will just kill you and steal your gear. I think it is an awesome concept and I'm having a lot of fun just trying to survive in the world on my own.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Was just talking about it in IRC with Forenci.

It is really interesting. Kinda buggy, but it's in alpha so not too surprising - no game breaking bugs thankfully. Take a look at some youtube clips, they are pretty accurate.

It's basically a zombie sim, you die in the game you lose all your gear and start all over. Nobody can be trusted, a lot of people will just kill you and steal your gear. I think it is an awesome concept and I'm having a lot of fun just trying to survive in the world on my own.
Don't worry Caddy, I will come save you soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Don't worry Caddy, I will come save you soon.
You will be my human shield.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your words cut deep.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Your words cut deep.
Zombies are over-running the world Forenci, it's every man for himself out there!

Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that zombie game sounds awesome

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
that zombie game sounds awesome
Forenci is downloading it now so he can probably give a better opinion on it than I can. It's definitely worth checking out though if you like zombie stuff.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its free?!

Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
its free?!
No. It's a mod for ARMA II Combined Operations
Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
its free?!
The mod is free, but you need Arma 2: CO to play it which is 30 bucks on Steam.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Forenci and I had an epic first meeting.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It was glorious indeed. He was being chased by like 40 zombies down the coast, haha. I ended up dying later on.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A friend bought me D3 for my birthday out of nowhere so I will be joining you all shortly. God damnit. No matter what I do Blizzard finds a way to pull me back in.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still might buy D3 at some point. Not sure how well my computer would handle it though.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
A friend bought me D3 for my birthday out of nowhere so I will be joining you all shortly. God damnit. No matter what I do Blizzard finds a way to pull me back in.
battletag now! Or well soon!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vidae#1195 is my battletag.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
vidae#1195 is my battletag.
Ill be home in about an hour. If you can hold off we can join up.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I will likely be on later but I doubt I can play with you newbies.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

damnit I'll have to install it now instead of waiting I'll figure out my code for yall to add me after i get backfrom grocery shopping!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Forenci you could always make a new char and roll with us.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I haven't installed it yet.. been forced to do birthday crap. I'll probably play a little tonight but I have family coming into town tomorrow so I won't be gaming much the next week.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm completely on the fence about Diablo III. I really can't decide either way. I actually didn't have any prior experience with that sort of game until a friend made me sign up for the Torchlight 2 beta weekend thingy. I've been playing that for the past three-ish days and I've really enjoyed it. I have seen multiple friends play Diablo and it looks like a ton of fun.....I'm just not sure I can get past the always online requirement. It's not a big deal, but it's just not something I'm sure I want to deal with. I'm already planning on buying Torchlight 2 when it's out, so I may just hold out. That option is a whole ton cheaper as well...although I prefer the art style/aesthetics of Diablo.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diablo and Diablo II were both mega awesome. I still can't comment on III but I'm sure it's fun. Always online is kinda dumb though.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm completely on the fence about Diablo III. I really can't decide either way. I actually didn't have any prior experience with that sort of game until a friend made me sign up for the Torchlight 2 beta weekend thingy. I've been playing that for the past three-ish days and I've really enjoyed it. I have seen multiple friends play Diablo and it looks like a ton of fun.....I'm just not sure I can get past the always online requirement. It's not a big deal, but it's just not something I'm sure I want to deal with. I'm already planning on buying Torchlight 2 when it's out, so I may just hold out. That option is a whole ton cheaper as well...although I prefer the art style/aesthetics of Diablo.
You lucky bastard. I pre-ordered Torchlight 2 and I'm super excited for it.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You lucky bastard. I pre-ordered Torchlight 2 and I'm super excited for it.
I think I can confirm that it's really enjoyable. As I've said, I haven't touched this sort of game before, so my perception of it might be a bit different than someone who cut their teeth on Diablo II, but I had a lot of fun. Played through to completion as an Engineer, Outlander, and a Berserker. I probably had the most fun as an Engineer, even though it was a little bit broken. I straight up rolled the last boss in the beta because of the bot abilities and cannons. It's a lot of fun though. I wish they would specify a release date.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote