Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I installed SC2 and D3 on my pc! I ran around D3 with some random people earlier, I need people I know to play with let me know if anyone is wanting to start a new character and start fresh with me!
I am close to the end of act 3... Not huge on restarting now but I would love to run Hardcore with any people here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
My power cables magically don't get hit by any fans in my box. The power supply isn't modular (quality v. modular - I went with quality), so it's a real ***** to work with sometimes.
Yeah I went modular but my case just has no easy way to manage everything. Not to mention I have a 12" by 10" mobo and an 13" video card so things are a pain to work around.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you Cain, once I had my build working I was too lazy to start to do cable management, then I just never got to it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm with you Cain, once I had my build working I was too lazy to start to do cable management, then I just never got to it.
Yeah its probably going to remain that way until I decide to upgrade which is probably with in the year but we shall see.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am close to the end of act 3... Not huge on restarting now but I would love to run Hardcore with any people here!
Yeah, I'm not far into Act III, and I know the game end pretty quick from this point. New gf really slowed down my progress. I'll probably want to to play with some folks in nightmare.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, I'm not far into Act III, and I know the game end pretty quick from this point. New gf really slowed down my progress. I'll probably want to to play with some folks in nightmare.
Yeah the first act seemed to drag a bit and then two was shorter I feel 3 is going to be really short.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vasin and I should be in NM in a day or two. We can make groups then.

I'm vidae#1195, add me fools!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you guys I might have to start playing.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was against it but I got a copy for my birthday and I have nothing else to do.. so here we are.

Also, any of you guys own any Razor products? I had some headphones and I planned on buying another pair, but does anyone have any of their keyboards or anything? I'm thinking about picking one up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was against it but I got a copy for my birthday and I have nothing else to do.. so here we are.

Also, any of you guys own any Razor products? I had some headphones and I planned on buying another pair, but does anyone have any of their keyboards or anything? I'm thinking about picking one up.
I have Thermaltake keyboard and mouse I wasn't a fan of the blue or green back lit keyboard I wanted red to match with my pc lol. But I love this keyboard has 10 macro keys that you can program to what you want and the mouse is very responsive

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like my Razor mouse. Second one I've owned. Their keyboards are nice, but if I was in the market, I've go with a coolermaster mechanical.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I added you, Vidae! I'm trying to go slow through NM mode so you guys can catch up.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go ahead and get SC2 probably today. I'll post my name here if any of you guys want to play!

EDIT: Crap never mind it will be tuesday. I have no money.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 05-25-2012 at 06:03 PM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I hate Caddy. He needs to play Day Z instead of doing school. I got a ton of stuff in the city and am now hiding in the hills west of Elek.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to buy arma 2 and dl it but I've spent so much in the last week :c

Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I need to buy arma 2 and dl it but I've spent so much in the last week :c
I mean, its zombies so its a valid purchase.

My scavenge trip was quite awesome in Elek. I ended up with like 4k blood left and barely made it to the hospital. Had to kill like 50 zombies and then someone was nice enough to come to the hospital and give me a blood transfusion.

I found a nice sniper rifle and M1911. It's quite baller.

Last edited by Forenci : 05-25-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Also I hate Caddy. He needs to play Day Z instead of doing school. I got a ton of stuff in the city and am now hiding in the hills west of Elek.
I have a shotgun with a torch on the end of it!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I have a shotgun with a torch on the end of it!
Lol, weird. GET ON IRC AND LETS PLAY JERK! FORGET SCHOOL!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just placed my order for a new processor/motherboard. Micro Center had a really sale going, so I had to bite. I went with a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and an I5 3570K. From what I've read, that's not a bad deal at $280. I would have liked to have gone with the I7 3770K, but I wouldn't have been able to get the same deal I got on the mobo with it, so I would essentially be doubling the price for performance I don't really need.

I plan on picking up the various other essentials while I'm there too, but I'm going to roll without a discreet graphics card for like a month(which should be interesting). I've spent way too much cash for me to justify this month already...plus I still need to do some research on just what card I want(this was really somewhat of an impulse buy). I'm looking at the HD 7850, but I've used Nvidia cards previously and that's where my comfort level is. My main goal is to talk myself out of splurging for a 670. If anyone has some recommendations on that front, that would be great.

Oh, and I bought Diablo III two days ago and already beat it on normal. It was pretty fun.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Microcenter had an i5 2400 for like $110 (******* steal - it goes for $190 on newegg) a few weeks ago when I was orchestrating my new build. I had to pass, though because I really needed a new washer and dryer more than a new computer.

(and yes, I'm a bang for the buck guy, not a latest & greatest type)

Last edited by nepg : 05-26-2012 at 11:34 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I got my i7 3770 processor from microcenter for 260 saved a bunch there and they just told me when I went to go pick everything up they price match everything there so I could've saved a bunch of money on shipping.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I own the deathadder and the Blackwiddow keyboard. The girlfriend hates the Mechanical Keyboard because it can be loud but it is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Just placed my order for a new processor/motherboard. Micro Center had a really sale going, so I had to bite. I went with a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and an I5 3570K. From what I've read, that's not a bad deal at $280. I would have liked to have gone with the I7 3770K, but I wouldn't have been able to get the same deal I got on the mobo with it, so I would essentially be doubling the price for performance I don't really need.

I plan on picking up the various other essentials while I'm there too, but I'm going to roll without a discreet graphics card for like a month(which should be interesting). I've spent way too much cash for me to justify this month already...plus I still need to do some research on just what card I want(this was really somewhat of an impulse buy). I'm looking at the HD 7850, but I've used Nvidia cards previously and that's where my comfort level is. My main goal is to talk myself out of splurging for a 670. If anyone has some recommendations on that front, that would be great.

Oh, and I bought Diablo III two days ago and already beat it on normal. It was pretty fun.
I need your battletag good sir.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have a Deathadder mouse. I love it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I ask this question about once a year here, but what should I look for in a new computer? I've had this one for six years now. I don't really want to build my own, and the only stores around me that sell computers are Best Buy, Staples, Meijer, and Wal Mart, as far as I know.

I don't game at all but I'd like to keep that option open a little.. It's just the whole thing with Processors kinda confuses me. I can upgrade the RAM if I need to, I've done that before.

I'd like to buy a new monitor too, and for the both combined I'd probably try to keep it under $850. Help me out, techie jerks.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I know I ask this question about once a year here, but what should I look for in a new computer? I've had this one for six years now. I don't really want to build my own, and the only stores around me that sell computers are Best Buy, Staples, Meijer, and Wal Mart, as far as I know.

I don't game at all but I'd like to keep that option open a little.. It's just the whole thing with Processors kinda confuses me. I can upgrade the RAM if I need to, I've done that before.

I'd like to buy a new monitor too, and for the both combined I'd probably try to keep it under $850. Help me out, techie jerks.
Well that is kinda generic. If you were to game what type of games? Cutting edge or older style (WoW and the like)?

Also would you be completely opposed to building your own or do you want a cookie cutter from one of those retailers?

Lastly are you stuck on any sort of company. Such as dislike AMD vs Intel?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were to play a game it'd probably be a newer FPS, I don't need to have the settings maxed out. More than likely I won't be gaming though.. I don't have any preferences as far as companies go. I would prefer to buy one from a retailer. I don't really have the space to build one. I'll try it sometime in the future, but for now I'd prefer to just go with one from a store.