Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-06-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I'm just trying to figure out which one to get in a new computer, not building my own. I know it's best to build your own but I don't really have the space for that.

I just assume it's most important to get a good processor and worry about the Memory/Hard Drive after that. But maybe not?
What motherboard are you using? You should check which LGA mobo you have then look up that type of processor and go from there. If it's an older one you should probably with an Sandy bridge, they're cheaper now with the new ivy bridge that is out.

I'd go with a new processor over ram and hd also.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:22 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you not have space to build your own? You can comfortably build them on a bedside table!

As for importance, depends entirely on what you are using it for, would prioritise the processor for general use though for sure.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because, when purchasing a whole box, you have zero control over the motherboard, I'd rank the parts importance:
CPU
Graphics Card (they almost never tell you what graphics card is in the machine)
(everything else is going to be ****** parts if you buy a whole PC, so the rest is irrelevant)
Old 06-06-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got my headphones from Amazon. Mmm Razer headphones. I feel like angels are caressing my earlobes gently while ******* my eardrums with heavenly sound quality.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need pics vidae preferably with you wearing them, shirtless.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom's Hardware is currently running their quarterly system builder series, which is always a great read if you're looking to upgrade or just build from nothing.

Here's their mid-range ($1000) build:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e-i5,3210.html
Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Man I would love to have a 7970 since my mobo doesn't have a crossfire option. I think that would be my next update in like 4 months lol. my 7770 runs everything at ultra and high anyways just want more framesss

Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Man I would love to have a 7970 since my mobo doesn't have a crossfire option. I think that would be my next update in like 4 months lol. my 7770 runs everything at ultra and high anyways just want more framesss
I'm struggling with the vid card for my potential upgrade. My 260 is still doing great and there is no way I'll leave the $150-250 price range for one.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Woot.com has Razer gear for sale.
http://www.woot.com/plus/razer-gaming-5
Old 06-07-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm struggling with the vid card for my potential upgrade. My 260 is still doing great and there is no way I'll leave the $150-250 price range for one.
I'm pretty much set with the parts I have, the only thing I can see myself upgrading every so often or year type thing is my graphics card. I paid about 160 for this card couldn't afford anything more.

What I'm currently running. I wouldn't mind shelling out about 300-400 for a video card knowing it will be in my rig for a long time.

What's everyones side between Nvidia vs ati/amd?

I've used both, but my current ati/amd card is the best card I've used so it's hard for me to compare with an nvidia equivalent.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My SC2 character name is Sirius. Add me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I'm pretty much set with the parts I have, the only thing I can see myself upgrading every so often or year type thing is my graphics card. I paid about 160 for this card couldn't afford anything more.

What I'm currently running. I wouldn't mind shelling out about 300-400 for a video card knowing it will be in my rig for a long time.

What's everyones side between Nvidia vs ati/amd?

I've used both, but my current ati/amd card is the best card I've used so it's hard for me to compare with an nvidia equivalent.
I to pair intel &nvidia and ati w/amd
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Anyone still playing starcraft 2? Add me BanZiii#117...i think lol

I'm looking for a decent 2v2 partner, I'm trying to at least get into diamond league, so let me know!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got done with the GW2 beta weekend and it's looking even more impressive than the last beta weekend they did.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone still playing starcraft 2? Add me BanZiii#117...i think lol

I'm looking for a decent 2v2 partner, I'm trying to at least get into diamond league, so let me know!
I've actually started playing it again. But I would make getting into the diamond league quite impossible for you as I am terrible and require a crap ton of practice to even attempt that.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

hah I'm always down to play with anyone! I can show you some build orders and stuff.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I hate the placement system of starcraft 2. Last night season 8 started for the new ladder league and I lose one placement match and I get put into gold league. I'm stomping through diamond league players easily I hate that I'm stuck in this gold league.

BTW the ranks go from

Bronze
Silver
Gold
Platinum
Diamond
Master

Last edited by bantx : 06-13-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'd be moderately interested in learning how to play sc2 again. I started to learn a bit when it was first released, but then got distracted by another game.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Definitely should, I picked it back up about a month ago after a long hiatus and hooked back on it.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats a decent FPS, doesn't have to be new, but just really good game and fun to play.

Don't have the best computer, but just something a few of me and friends can get together and play.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

counter strike

Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
whats a decent FPS, doesn't have to be new, but just really good game and fun to play.

Don't have the best computer, but just something a few of me and friends can get together and play.
Quote:
counter strike
What he said. Team Fortress 2 is a fun FPS type game with a bunch of different classes, items, and map mods too, and it's free.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's quite old, but I'm not sure if that matters to you, but Battlefield 2 is quite solid and should run on a lot of computers. Always a good choice and super fun.

TF2 is a good choice as well. Can't go wrong with free.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have BF3 for xbox so, 2 should be fun.

Will take your advices gents.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should set up a Tribes server one of these days and play.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote