Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* tried to get LA Noire to work for at least 3 hours over the past week. Always gets stuck on Synchronizing at the neon sign at the start of the game.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Two things, don't forget to sign up for War Z. Their beta starts at the end of summer..
Is this related to DayZ in any way?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Is this related to DayZ in any way?
It's a rip-off and playing off of its popularity.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comcast doubled their speed today... on the day I got a new modem and router.

I creamed a little bit when the desktop pulled down 74 bbps and the tablet got 21.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Comcast doubled their speed today... on the day I got a new modem and router.

I creamed a little bit when the desktop pulled down 74 bbps and the tablet got 21.
I'm getting Google Fiber in just about a month and a half. Big ol' urine drops on that parade of yours.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm getting Google Fiber in just about a month and a half. Big ol' urine drops on that parade of yours.
You know what... I shall find you, kill you and then inhabit your house. How does that make you feel?

NOT GOOD!

In all seriousness though... I would die for Google Fiber. Apparently they were deciding between KC and Pittsburgh to launch in and went with KC. A little part of me died that day. I already told Vid how jealous I was.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two things, don't forget to sign up for War Z. Their beta starts at the end of summer.. and GW2 has a stress test tomorrow starting at 3est for about 4 hours. If you've pre-purchased it you're already signed up for it.

4 hours isn't a lot, but I'll be there.
Signed up! I'm still debating getting GW2, though.

Quote:
It's a rip-off and playing off of its popularity.
I'm not so sure. If I'm not mistaken the game's development and concept has been around longer than Day Z. My guess is they decided to go forward with the concept when they realized and saw the success of Day Z.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm not so sure. If I'm not mistaken the game's development and concept has been around longer than Day Z. My guess is they decided to go forward with the concept when they realized and saw the success of Day Z.
They did an interview with the creator of DayZ and the mod has been in development for like 10 years or something.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know what... I shall find you, kill you and then inhabit your house. How does that make you feel?

NOT GOOD!

In all seriousness though... I would die for Google Fiber. Apparently they were deciding between KC and Pittsburgh to launch in and went with KC. A little part of me died that day. I already told Vid how jealous I was.
: D

Also, WarZ isn't a rip off of DayZ. There are a few similarities but it is not a ripoff.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:

NOT GOOD!

I don't even think he can get it in Olathe. So you still win!

Me? They're headquartered 2 blocks from my house.

And I more meant that the name of the game was a rip-off of Day Z. And it's also a stupid ******* name for a game.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am getting it in Olathe. It was already approved.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So The Secret World has a free weekend thing going on right now. Anyone else going to check it out? I might seeing as I don't have a lot to do this weekend. I was in the beta but I really didn't give it a fair shake and I've heard nothing but good things since it was released.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So like the Stars The Old Republic is going free to play online. That did not take it very long for it become that.I'm very excited to get a copy of now and start enjoying for under 20 bucks it is a steel now.14 bucks at best buy.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

TOR doesn't go Free To Play until November.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes even still I'm pretty bust until Nov so it is all good..With it being only 15 bucks.I can finally get into the action and see if I want upgrade to the full pay or not.For that kind of price It can't miss on being a good game then it already is.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the DayZ thread but I thought it might get more play here:

My laptop that I just purchased from Sager not too long ago says it comes with a 1gb NVidia GeForce GT 650M graphics card with Optimus Technology and embedded Intel HD Graphics, but when I look at my device manager the Geforce does not show up. I'm pretty sure it used to be there but for some reason now I can't find it in the device manager, nor am I able to install drivers for it because of this. Anyone have any idea how I can remedy this?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My laptop that I just purchased from Sager not too long ago says it comes with a 1gb NVidia GeForce GT 650M graphics card with Optimus Technology and embedded Intel HD Graphics, but when I look at my device manager the Geforce does not show up. I'm pretty sure it used to be there but for some reason now I can't find it in the device manager, nor am I able to install drivers for it because of this. Anyone have any idea how I can remedy this?
In those situations, I use an axe. Solves every problem.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Is there any display driver in Device Manager at all? If so, remove it and then install the nVidia drivers.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Is there any display driver in Device Manager at all? If so, remove it and then install the nVidia drivers.
Well ya there's drivers under 'display adapters' for the intel hd graphics and for the standard vga graphics adapter but that vga adapter always has one of those exclamation point symbols on it. The error is code 38 and it basically says that Windows cannot load device driver because a previous instance of this device driver is still in memory.The nvidia is simply not there however.

BTW, has anyone played CS:GO yet for the PC or any other platform really? I'm intrigued by it and would like to purchase it if it's worth the money. Would be cool to get a clan going on here if possible too.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 08-23-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

A friend of mine bought CS:GO and he said that he isn't a big fan of it yet. He hasn't played it much but he said he still prefers Source.

In related news, Guild Wars 2 comes out on Saturday! Ohhhh yeah!

Old 08-23-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In related news, Guild Wars 2 comes out on Saturday! Ohhhh yeah!
Ive cleared my schedule for Sat. and Sun. lol

Im going to be playing on Yak's Bend server, when I get my toons made I'll post there names here. Just in case anyone else plays on that server.

Anyone make up there minds on what they are playing? I myself am leaning between an engineer or a mesmer.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

A lot of people I know are playing on the Tarnished Coast server, because it will geared more towards mature players apparently. A lot of people from an old EverQuest forum (Graffes) will be playing there which means less time dealing with annoying little shits.

I'm going to be playing an Asura Elementalist. I was originally going to be a Charr Guardian, but I think the Elementalist is a little more flexible and versatile.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot of people I know are playing on the Tarnished Coast server, because it will geared more towards mature players apparently. A lot of people from an old EverQuest forum (Graffes) will be playing there which means less time dealing with annoying little shits.

I'm going to be playing an Asura Elementalist. I was originally going to be a Charr Guardian, but I think the Elementalist is a little more flexible and versatile.
Im leaning toward a Sylvari just because the starting area and story line.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Out of curiosity, why are you playing on Yak's Bend? Do you know people there or something?

Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why are you playing on Yak's Bend? Do you know people there or something?
Yeah, and only for that reason right now. Me and my friends have been playing there as long as it been there. And that only because during the pvp(wvw) everyone seen to do pretty well. I know that doesnt mean much in the beta.

Also there are a couple of large PVP based guilds that are hoping on this server from WOW(who also play Warhammer and Rift). A lot of them I know from long ago in my WOW days.