Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if you don't go watercooler get a better heatsink for your cpu cause the one they give you is crap.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks a trillion everyone for all the info! If you haven't gotten rep, you will in 24 hours!

Unfortunately, this will be a more rushed process than I'd prefer because my laptop recently went kerplunk. It already had a broken fan, and now it's freezing, so with it no longer being under warranty and 5 years old, I'm not sure if it's worth the money to fix. Thankfully, I recently joined the 21st century and upgraded to a smart phone, so that's what I've been posting on. I'm getting pretty good at typing, so that's nice at least!

Really glad I won't have to spend all that money on hardware, cause after that comes the software. Well, unless I torrent it, but then I'd bring dishonor to my Sims family.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic TitanHope. Let us know what you end up going with in terms of parts and such!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, just so it is mentioned; there are websites that put together your computer for you and you just choose the parts. My roommate and I pretty much have the same exact specs on our computers, he used ibuypower, while I used newegg for all my parts. I spent about $200 less then he did, and also got a few better pieces (same gfx card except his is SC while mine is SSC, more 'name' brands, things like that not, nothing crazy), but if you are hesitant at all, these sites are good and you usually get a complete computer warranty (instead of by piece).
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would recommend staying away from ibuypower personally. I have a buddy who basically got dicked over by them. Two faulty parts and it took six weeks to get them to even RESPOND via email phone. It was a nightmare.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only place I haven't heard negative reviews from has been newegg and amazon as far as hardware.

TigerDirect's prices look great with the rebates but they are VERY shady. I've always gotten mine but friends have had multiple issues.

Same issue as Vidae mentioned a friend of mine went with ibuypower and getting an RMA was a nightmare compared to my experience with newegg.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any company with a stupid ******* name like that - avoid. Obviously. That Wal-Mart sells them is another huge black flag.

I've seen the parts/specs on their machines. They basically take the Tom's Hardware tier recommendations and cut corners on the parts brands.

Last edited by nepg : 01-29-2013 at 07:11 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have purchased 5 1/2 computers on iBuypower.

They aren't that bad except it is an American company run by people who can't speak English which can be a pain... but alas they aren't horrible.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to download Wizardry Online and start playing it. I've been wanting a hardcore ******* game for awhile. Permadeath and Open PvP. Finally a game with some ******* consequences and risk. It just went live today.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm currently downloading Wizardry Online as well. I will probably make a Priest if you want to group.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

rofl. The intro video music followed by the character setup music. I was rolling for a couple minutes.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no desire to play Wizardry. It looked awful.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Well I've got a little munchkin thief named Bunksock. We'll see if I can ever get connected. Some server issues (expected with free mmo release - only two servers)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Server constantly full. I'll try tomorrow night, I guess.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Elder Scrolls: Online (TES:O) beta signups are live now if you're interested.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/
Anyone get any beta invites yet?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Anyone get any beta invites yet?
Not yet. I think it is going to be announced when they start releasing them.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 02-04-2013 at 08:10 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Not yet. I think it is going to be announced when the start releasing them.
Whew. I thought I was supposed to get an email within 2 days of submitting the test if I was selected. I was starting to get bummed out.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, those are just sign-ups. Think we'll be waiting a few months at the earliest to see any sort of beta announcement.

In other news:

Watch it.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha it looks amazing. I can't wait until they get into the inventory stuff and such.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'm not sure if any of you guys will be getting SimCity but I just played the beta yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. I can't wait for it.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Started playing GW2. The leveling system was strange at first, but now that I've got it figured out, I'm liking it. Playing on Kaineng.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm not sure if any of you guys will be getting SimCity but I just played the beta yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. I can't wait for it.
I preordered it :) Saw a few others talking about it in another thread. Amazon has a sweet deal at the moment using a promo code to get it for $45 + tax.

Amazon LINK!

For $15 OFF - Use the Promo Code-: CAGROCKS
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I preordered it :) Saw a few others talking about it in another thread. Amazon has a sweet deal at the moment using a promo code to get it for $45 + tax.

Amazon LINK!

For $15 OFF - Use the Promo Code-: CAGROCKS
Haha, I'm so excited. I got to play the unrestricted (everything was in the game) beta yesterday for hours and I couldn't stop playing it. It's so damn fun.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Started playing GW2. The leveling system was strange at first, but now that I've got it figured out, I'm liking it. Playing on Kaineng.
I got 2 toons to 80, a mesmer and an engineer. I liked the game overall very much. Just got a bit burnt out on it. Engineers are a blast in pvp.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I got an Elementalist and Warrior to 80. Elementalist wasn't my cup of tea but it was my first character. Warrior was a lot more fun, imo.

The game got really boring though. I can't stand getting to max level in an MMO and have there be nothing to do except dungeon runs. If an MMO releases without any sort of raid content then I'm bored rather quickly.