Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I think its Delholme. People hate him, but then they have to remember just how bad the Browns QBs were last season, and Delholme is an upgrade.

I like the line, a veteran QB, and probably a solid run game. There are some talented players on the defense, but as I whole I think its a weak unit. I don't see much of a pass rush.

I think the Browns win 5-6 this year.
You don't see much of a pass rush, because there isn't one. Matt Roth is a nice player, but outside of that, Marcus Benard is the only guy who seems to get any pressure on the quarterback and he's a 3rd down guy. Shaun Rogers, whenever he comes back, will help, but we are basically relying on Rob Ryan's creativity and the fact we have good corners (Wright, Haden, Brown) to allow us to send the house at the quarterback.

Losing Hardesty sucks, but the Browns had 2,000 yards as a team last year with Jamal Lewis's rotting corpse. This year, we have Jerome Harrison coming back, despite how awful he's looked in the preseason, Peyton Hillis who is a beast, and James Davis who because of the injury to Hardesty, may get more opportunities.

The line is better than last year... still have Thomas, Steinbach, and Mack, but Lauvao has been good and Tony Pashos, provided he can stay healthy is a HUGE upgrade over John SuckClair. And Lawrence Vickers is a monster, who continues to say he's going to take out the fact that he doesn't have a long term deal yet out on his opponents. It's utterly insane he hasn't been signed long term by the way.

I'm not gonna get crazy over Jake Delhomme, but he was effective in the preseason and if the Browns can run the ball, there should be decent matchups to throw to and people forget the Browns have Ben Watson, who is a nice tight end. If nothing else, Jake Delhomme looks like an NFL quarterback. You couldn't say that about Quinn/Anderson. Delhomme also claims he wasn't healthy last year and that he is now. We'll see.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Kyle Orton is literally ten times the QB of any starter on every other team that has been mentioned. And Kyle Orton isn't even that good. He just shits on Delhomme/Edwards/a rookie.

Don't care. The Broncos without Marshall and Dumervil are ******* terrible.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to believe it will be the Browns. Gut feeling. But then again, we're picking the worst team in the NFL so really there's no good answer.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
The Chiefs won 4 games last year, yet with virtually the same roster, people are supposed to believe they are going to improve.

They can't stop the run or rush the passer and the only thing they did to try to help that is bringing in a new defensive coordinator.

I'm also perplexed by the fact people have the Browns getting worse from last year, but they are the Browns, so we'll see.
I could say the same thing about the Browns.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Yea... but we do have a legitimate nose tackle, which is just an enormous difference.

Edit: And the Browns were tied for 8th in sacks last year with 40.

We don't have a legit pass rusher, but the way Rob Ryan runs his defense, everyone will get a couple... like in the Steelers game where the Browns had 8

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 09-08-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are you basing it on though? We ranked 8th in sacks last year. Maybe it won't translate to this year, we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will win 6 games, which would be enough to keep us out of the first pick.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns fans always bring up how they played vs the Steelers last year, the Steelers had a down year the Chiefs beat them to it's not all that impressive.

And you keep bringing up what Jake Delhomme has done in the preseason but what the Chiefs have done on D in the pre season means nothing.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Browns fans always bring up how they played vs the Steelers last year, the Steelers had a down year the Chiefs beat them to it's not all that impressive.

And you keep bringing up what Jake Delhomme has done in the preseason but what the Chiefs have done on D in the pre season means nothing.
I have no idea what the Chiefs have done in preseason.

And I keep saying that I have no expectations for Jake Delhomme, despite how well he's played in the preseason. All I can say for sure is that he looks like an NFL quarterback, which we did not have last year.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno how Seattle isn't running away with this. They don't have a single position with talent other than an above average linebacker in Tatupu.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I have no idea what the Chiefs have done in preseason.
Well if you had watched them you would know that their starters never gave up more then 10 points in each game, and that they have looked much improved.

I'm not saying it will carry over to the real season but RC has players in the right position, and they should be a better unit, the pass rush has been what has stuck out the most.

To tell you the truth I don't think the Brown or the Chiefs will be picking top five top ten maybe but not top 5.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I dunno how Seattle isn't running away with this. They don't have a single position with talent other than an above average linebacker in Tatupu.
It really does seem like Carroll is tanking the season, but the only thing that might save them from dead last is the abortion of a division they play in
Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not just Charles they have Jones and Mcclusster as well, and Romeo Crennel alone will improve their D the players have been buying everything he is selling all off season.

The Chiefs are in no way a playoff team but to say they are going to be the worst team in the NFL is taking it to far.
I think the Chiefs and Bills are more similar than you care to admit.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills, Broncos, and Browns. It's a menage of crap.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Why admit something that isn't true?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills
Browns
Rams
Jaguars
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They get 4 games with the Rams and Warner-less Cardinals to begin with.
They have a decent to good QB which can't be said for the Bills and Browns.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Seahawks weren't competing for the top spot last year when they had tons of injuries. They have only improved in the offseason, imo, and have a pretty easy schedule.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I think the Chiefs and Bills are more similar than you care to admit.
lolwat? notsureifsrs.jpg

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
lolwat? notsureifsrs.jpg
They are. Both have are going to have decent running games and crappy passing attacks and both are going to be weak against the run but stronger against the pass. The difference is that the Chiefs will probably be a little better running the ball and the Bills will be better defending the pass.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we'll have to wait and see after the season if that is accurate.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
They are. Both have are going to have decent running games and crappy passing attacks and both are going to be weak against the run but stronger against the pass. The difference is that the Chiefs will probably be a little better running the ball and the Bills will be better defending the pass.
Cassel is better than Edwards, the Chiefs will be a whole lot better running the ball, and the Bills front 7 is arguably worse.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only advantage the Chiefs have over Buffalo is the O-Line. Everything else is a push, including Cassel. If he is better than Edwards, it isn't by a lot.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Tampa Bay.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm better than Trent Edwards. :/

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think its the Rams. Outside of a promising young qb and a stud RB who's on his last legs, the entire team blows.

Like literally the entire team outside of 2 maybe 3 players blows.