Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The UGA bookstore doesn't seem to mind selling his jersey. I think it's BS personally. Schools are selling jerseys with the numbers of star players. When you go in the UGA bookstore you don't see jerseys with just any numbers. It's the numbers of star players. A couple of years ago is was 24 and 7 for Moreno and Stafford...hey, that should have been Moreno and Stafford's nickname: 24/7. :-D
I was thinking more of him selling his own jersey, i.e. one he wore or was given by the school. If he bought a jersey, and then sold it, then it wouldn't be a problem, imo.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This is going to be a great football weekend. I'll be in New Orleans for the Ole Miss/Tulane game, which will be awesome but I'm kind of pissed that I won't be seeing the other games.
Have a great time, but be careful in New Orleans. I've been jumped in that ****hole of a town and threatened a few times by the local thuglife (vs drunken frat boys). Right on Bourbon fairly close to cops no less.

Do not wander off the beaten path either.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dorsey never used the word revenge, but many former Hurricanes did when they worked out with current players. Cornerback Brandon Harris said Jonathan Vilma, Andre Johnson and Ed Reed all spoke about the importance of winning this game.

"A lot of them, they're going to live their dreams through us this week," Harris said. "They realize they can't go out there and play them again, but we have the opportunity to take them down."
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5544636

Think about that pressure. Andre Johnson and Ed Reed two of the best players, arguably the best players ever at their position since they got drafted, putting their dreams in you.

This game is going to be so huge, I can't wait. Pryor vs. Harris, o baby.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man it's Kevin Nelson quote time.

Quote:
My grandma just ask me" son why are you so into the film and into the weight more than ever and who is the pryor fellow you talking bout" all i said is grandma this game depends on if ima get us out the projects. im humble and respect him as a player but he coming cross a player who dont care i have 9-10 years of anger... built up cuz yall cheated i was only 11 now ima man lets get it. leaving for the gym im out fb
Quote:
IM CALL all YALL OUT, PRYOR,LEWIS,PONDER LUC, IM CALLIN EVERYBODY FROM ANY CONFERENCE TO MAKE THIS NEW "U" DEFENSE LOOK GARBAGE. TRY ALL YOU CAN WE HERE. GET DOWN OR LAY DOWN. THIS NOT JUST INTERNET TALKIN ITS ME ILL TELL ANYBODY THIS IN THERE FACE. YOU SAID YOU GONE SLAP ME IN MY FACE SOME WAY SOME KIND OF FORM OR FAS...HION THATS WHY IM WORKING TWICE AS HARD. THE U NUFF SAID. IM OUT.
Quote:
I never thought we Had U haters... lol. We thats motivation and you can kiss my gold fish mouth lmao. we doing something special for the city of miami. believe that. you dont know whats behind the scene to get to this point. watch and learn. if i start or not ima still knoxk some one out thats just me. point blank period. We the U. the New-Old U
Quote:
Man all dem haters on the U. lemme tell yall something. i just powercleaned earf. i walked on water. i turned that nasty foot water into wine, and them hoes drank it. its a U thang.
Some inspiration from the Rock.

http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/...04?code=lTU3kD

OH BABY LETS GO!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me, but how is beating OSU in week 2 like 9 years later or whatever "revenge"?

Are Reed and Andre going to go brag about it to guys that were on OSU's team that year? Guess what, the OSU guys can still say good for you, we already won the championship.

Sure, it may ruin OSU's title hopes this year. But it's not rare to have a 1 loss team in the championship and I highly doubt Miami goes undefeated for that matter.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-08-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not a revenge game. The fact that any they guys on that Hurricanes team care about this game is pretty funny.

I just hope Pryor is ready. He's going to have to be damn good against a great Miami team.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way is it revenge. Those guys obviously just have a lot of pride for the U and probably see this as a way to get some peace out of it. Like Iowatreat said, I don't think Andre Johnson can talk **** to a guy like Chris Gamble if Miami wins cause ultimately who got the ring.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had some people ask me how bad Penn State is going to get crushed this weekend.....I said 24 points. Seem reasonable? I don't think PSU will get embarrassed on defense but their offense isn't going to do anything I'm afraid...
Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Did he sell his own jersey? Because if he did then he's just an idiot.
It was his jersey and he got less then 1,000$ for it from what im hearing. He has repayed the money
Old 09-08-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
It was his jersey and he got less then 1,000$ for it from what im hearing. He has repayed the money
Well A. His jersey shouldn't be sold for more than like $100-$150. That's just ridiculous. B. He really shouldn't be selling his jersey in the first place.

If he's returned the money, and he missed the first game I believe? then it should be over and he should have learned his lesson. Let the kid play.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well A. His jersey shouldn't be sold for more than like $100-$150. That's just ridiculous. B. He really shouldn't be selling his jersey in the first place.

If he's returned the money, and he missed the first game I believe? then it should be over and he should have learned his lesson. Let the kid play.
how much would you pay for Stanzi's jersey that he just wore?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You don't know how little die-hard Georgia fans value their money when it comes to Georgia football. No matter how affluent they are (or aren't), they'll spend their last dime on something like this. (I wouldn't, some would)

Also, this is dumb.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
how much would you pay for Stanzi's jersey that he just wore?
Personally, I wouldn't pay anything over $200 and even then I wouldn't buy it. If it was like a jersey he wore during a record setting game, or the last jersey he ever wore, etc. it would drive up the price. But what has AJ Green done in his career that would even compare to that?

And I still maintain he shouldn't be selling his jersey. And I don't buy for a second that he needs the money, if anyone were to offer that up.

Anyways, this conversation is erroneous because Stanzi only wears American flags draped around his Adonis-like body while a bald eagle is perched on his shoulder and a hamburger clutched in his non throwing hand. That is his uniform.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-08-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, there it goes. 4 game suspension. Sigh.

Sold his Independent Bowl jersey to either an agent or someone associated with an agent (different people reporting it on Twitter are saying different things on which it is). $1000 for the jersey that he's since repaid.

Last edited by BNad : 09-08-2010 at 03:38 PM.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State is tremendously overrated. Alabama will 'roll' them.
Someone put UFlorida on upset alert.
Ohio State at home takes it in a great one.
Let's not overlook Oklahoma - Florida State here. I think Oklahoma is overrated.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Definitely not a revenge game. The fact that any they guys on that Hurricanes team care about this game is pretty funny.

I just hope Pryor is ready. He's going to have to be damn good against a great Miami team.
I think Pryor is ready. I worry about Shugarts and Adams handling Vernon and Bailey more than Pryor. Should be a great game. 2 of the best QBs in the game.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think Pryor is ready. I worry about Shugarts and Adams handling Vernon and Bailey more than Pryor. Should be a great game. 2 of the best QBs in the game.
I agree 100% about Adams and to a lesser extent Shugarts. Shugarts has been doing ok, but still loves him some false start.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Penn State is tremendously overrated. Alabama will 'roll' them.
I'll be stunned if Alabama doesn't win by at least three touchdowns.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The line is -12, I'm definitely taking Bama.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN
Add in Ingram's absence, and the Tide will struggle to get the ground attack going early on, which will disrupt the overall flow of the offense.
Trent Richardson? 13 touches (10 rush, 2 rec.) for 112 yards (66 rushing) and 2 TD in a game where Alabama ran the ball 41 times. Albeit a warm up game for Alabama, but the kid is skilled.
Quote:
Nittany Lions
"He's a little more shifty than Ingram and he is fast," Penn State safety Drew Astorino said. "Plus, they'll take him out of the backfield and run a wheel route with him, which is tough to cover."

Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The line is -12, I'm definitely taking Bama.
It's growing by the hour. I saw it at 10.5 just yesterday. I would think it gets up to 13 by gametime.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama's defense is going to eat that frosh QB alive.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I actually hope Alabama gets cute early that way they make a mistake and it pisses Saban off and they get after it.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll definitely be putting money on Bama in this one. Theres no way they don't win by atleast 2 touchdowns. I'll be shocked if they don't win by 20.

No way a true freshman QB can do anything against this defense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saban will probably try to pour it on. Penn State is pretty much rebuilding this year. It would be nice if Penn State made Bama's defense show it's inexperience at least though.