Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Have a great time, but be careful in New Orleans. I've been jumped in that ****hole of a town and threatened a few times by the local thuglife (vs drunken frat boys). Right on Bourbon fairly close to cops no less.

Do not wander off the beaten path either.
Yeah I've been to New Orleans a few times, it is a lot of fun but you definitely have to watch out if you're not a local and don't know everywhere you are going. I'm usually down there with people who know the area very well, it is most definitely a non stop party there.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah I've been to New Orleans a few times, it is a lot of fun but you definitely have to watch out if you're not a local and don't know everywhere you are going. I'm usually down there with people who know the area very well, it is most definitely a non stop party there.
Word. Not trying to sound like a big wimp, but we were jumped by a group of 15 or so teenage gang bangers. It was all sorts of not fun. I think it was some sort of initiation. I.e. punch a honky tourist night.

Anyways, back to the thread. Getting amped up for this UM-OSU game.

Can't believe PSU-Bama is the featured game. The more I think about it, the more I want to bet the house on Bama covering.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacory Harris' outfit for class today.

1. WTF?
2. He needs to take some HGH and steroids like the rest of CFB.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I've had some people ask me how bad Penn State is going to get crushed this weekend.....I said 24 points. Seem reasonable? I don't think PSU will get embarrassed on defense but their offense isn't going to do anything I'm afraid...
I could see it being close for some reason. It seems like Bama doesnt stray too far from the south, next year when they go to hHappy Valley they'll probably need a road map to get there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Definitely not a revenge game. The fact that any they guys on that Hurricanes team care about this game is pretty funny.

I just hope Pryor is ready. He's going to have to be damn good against a great Miami team.
I just have to say that Miami - OSU NC game a few yrs. back was one of the best in recent college FB history, went into OT, the killer McGahee knee injury, the superstar play of Will Smith (the DE, not the actor), etc. Maybe there is some revenge motivation there for the Canes. If Pryor is the real deal we'll see it vs. Miami, & if they got Can't Win the Big One monkey off their backs with teh last Rose Bowl W, Sweatervest better bring his A Game.

Quote:
Saban will probably try to pour it on. Penn State is pretty much rebuilding this year. It would be nice if Penn State made Bama's defense show it's inexperience at least though.
Quote:
Smooth Criminal: I'll definitely be putting money on Bama in this one. Theres no way they don't win by at least 2 touchdowns. I'll be shocked if they don't win by 20.

No way a true freshman QB can do anything against this defense.
Bama is a 2 TD, 12-point favorite at this time.

Call me a homer but I think Bama's experience especially on offense will be all over the Lions inexperience. That & the factor of 90,000+ screaming fans in crimson unnerving the PSU freshman QB, then he has get under center & look across the line at D'Onta Hightower looking at him..... that's a waking nightmare. And Julio Jones is at least 3 in. taller than the tallest PSU DB with those freakish long arms & the circus catch for a TD last weekend, damn.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-09-2010 at 04:48 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I could see it being close for some reason. It seems like Bama doesnt stray too far from the south, next year when they go to hHappy Valley they'll probably need a road map to get there.

They'll probably use the same road map they used to get to Pasadena a few months ago.... That's a long ways to go for Longhorn Steak, Colt Salad, and Texas Toast...

You never know... Penn St. might prefer Bama DID get lost on the way up there next year after Saban gets through with 'em...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Word. Not trying to sound like a big wimp, but we were jumped by a group of 15 or so teenage gang bangers. It was all sorts of not fun. I think it was some sort of initiation. I.e. punch a honky tourist night.

Anyways, back to the thread. Getting amped up for this UM-OSU game.

Can't believe PSU-Bama is the featured game. The more I think about it, the more I want to bet the house on Bama covering.
Similar situation years ago. About a half dozen punks confront me and two buddies late at night and they probably could have got the best of us but one of my buddies coldcocks the biggest guy of the bunch and lays him out cold. Moral of the story be careful what you wish for, just 3 old boys from the 101st out on a little vacation.:-D
Old 09-09-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Similar situation years ago. About a half dozen punks confront me and two buddies late at night and they probably could have got the best of us but one of my buddies coldcocks the biggest guy of the bunch and lays him out cold. Moral of the story be careful what you wish for, just 3 old boys from the 101st out on a little vacation.:-D
Key difference here is that you were three hardasses from airborne and we were 5 soft mid-30's yuppies :)
Old 09-09-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jacory Harris' outfit for class today.

1. WTF?
2. He needs to take some HGH and steroids like the rest of CFB.

Haha Jacory is so awesome.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My head is telling me that the Buckeyes are the better team and should win at home. However, my gut tells me that the Canes can pull it off. Everyone is picking against them and the spread is ********. Seriously, 8.5 points this early in the season between two top 12 teams? I still think Ohio State wins, but by a touchdown or less.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody on the Buckeyes OL front 5 is 300+ lbs. Maybe the best OL in the nation, going against a very good Miami DL, s/b the matchup of the wk. To win I think the Canes have to blitz Pryor & knock him out of his comfort zone
Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Everybody on the Buckeyes OL front 5 is 300+ lbs. Maybe the best OL in the nation, going against a very good Miami DL, s/b the matchup of the wk. To win I think the Canes have to blitz Pryor & knock him out of his comfort zone
They really have to contain Pryor. If he gets out of the pocket and makes plays with both his legs and his arm, the Canes will be in serious trouble.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not that anyone really cares but this is the most hyped a AU/MISS ST game has been in forever. going to be a pretty intense. message boards and what not are just blowing up. lots of the media jumpin on mullins balls too. 45-27 Auburn

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
not that anyone really cares but this is the most hyped a AU/MISS ST game has been in forever. going to be a pretty intense. message boards and what not are just blowing up. lots of the media jumpin on mullins balls too. 45-27 Auburn
Outside of Ziemba who else are we looking at in this game?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The hot chicks in the stands. That's about it.. I kid I kid.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

I'm picking the Noles from Free Shoes U. to upset Oklahoma & end the nation's longest home winning streak (31) just for the hell of it.

That, & Ponder is looking better every time I see him on tape. Guy has incredible touch on his passes.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
auburn..
17 mlb josh bynes sr. 6-2 240
27 hb/wr mario fannin sr. 5-11 220
89 wr darvin adams jr. 6-3 190
2 qb cam newton jr. 6-6 250
45 de antoine carter sr. 6-4 260
90 dt nick fairley jr. 6-5 300
50 c ryan pugh sr. 6-4 300

those people i can see playing in the nfl this year or next year for sure.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
2 qb cam newton jr. 6-6 250
Jamarcus Russell 2.0 ? Newton is the size of a minivan.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Jamarcus Russell 2.0 ? Newton is the size of a minivan.
has the looks, except he's consistently practicing and work on his problems. he also runs a 4.6. maybe even crack a high 4.5.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
27 hb/wr mario fannin sr. 5-11 220
50 c ryan pugh sr. 6-4 300
Two players I like a lot.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

thing with fannin is he has the look and speed just like ben tate, but has durability, carrying issues. he has amazing hands out of the backfield though. he just needs to get a couple games under him of being the feature back and i think he can put up very good number this year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I know he gets banged up a bit but he is what, 6-0 230 with very good speed and is an unbelievable weapon in the passing game for a back (he has played wideout IIRC). I really want him to stay healthy to see what he can do this year.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm pretty excited to watch Auburn tonight. Newton/Fannin/Dyer/McCalebb/Adams/Zachery in Malzahn's offense is gonna be fuuuuuun.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited about watching newton not really as a prospect but as the type of college player i like watching, want to see dyer too kid is pretty hyped
Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

start the damn game shut the hell up lou and mark