Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I would run like hell from NE-Cincy and Ari-Stl.
Well, I like the over in the New England game. The Patriots will have to throw like hell to keep up with the Bengals especially if the Bengals expose the Pats secondary like I think they should and will.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit is going to beat Chicago, so I'd make them a lock to be the spread.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Ari-Stl.
I like the upset potential in this one. Who knows what kind of QB play the Cards are going to get and there are so many new faces in STL.

That, and I kind of just want to see STL win that game.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Well, I like the over in the New England game. The Patriots will have to throw like hell to keep up with the Bengals especially if the Bengals expose the Pats secondary like I think they should and will.
I like that one too and I think if Detroit loses it will be by a field goal. Too scared to bet on it though because I don't know exactly what the Bears are going to look like this year and even though the Lions dwarf them on talent it's a young team that's used to losing and they can lose to the worst team in the league any given Sunday just because they aren't mentally prepared.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I like that one too and I think if Detroit loses it will be by a field goal. Too scared to bet on it though because I don't know exactly what the Bears are going to look like this year and even though the Lions dwarf them on talent it's a young team that's used to losing and they can lose to the worst team in the league any given Sunday just because they aren't mentally prepared.
I could see a blowout by Chicago, or a close win by either team. I think it's sloppy regardless. Screams no action to me.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Baltimore
-Dallas
-Tennessee
-Indy
-Detroit
Old 09-08-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
-Baltimore
-Dallas
-Tennessee
-Indy
-Detroit
Voodoo you are doing a crappy job quitting this board, I like it
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well im getting good responses, so you all might be helping me fuel my betting addiction! lol

I might make a thread like this every week. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Green Bay matches up excellent with the Eagles on both sides of the ball. It's a case where strengths and weaknesses work heavily in our advantage. Kevin Kolb won't be able to keep up with Aaron Rodgers in his first game, not even close.
Woah there, I agree the Packers win but the match-ups are hardly "heavily in our (Packers) advantage."

One huge Eagles advantage is the Eagles pass rush, the Eagles with a depleted pass rush still managed 44 sacks and now the Eagles upgraded their front seven immensely with the additions of Brandon Graham, Darryl Tapp, Daniel Teo`-Neshiem, Antwan Barnes along with a healthy Stewart Bradley and Akeem Jordan. The reason I bring linebackers in is because statistically, the Eagles were the team that blitzed the most in the NFL last season. Now consider that the Packers gave up 51 sacks last season along with 93 QB hits, the Eagles very clearly have the advantage in the trenches. And the Eagles clearly have the advantage on special teams as well. A good pass rush and good special teams has swung games in the past and the Eagles are favored in both of those match-ups.

And the Packers really don't have any huge advantages, the Packers have a good run game -> the Eagles have one of the best run defenses in the NFL, the Packers have a good secondary -> the Eagles have very good pass catching options. This pass rush of the Packers isn't "heavily favored" either, the Eagles have handled guys like Ware, Orakpo, Carter, Haynesworth, Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Ratliff and Spencer in the past so I doubt the Eagles are terribly afraid of Clay Matthews, especially considering Jason Peters shut DeMarcus Ware down twice last season and Ware is infinitely better than Matthews. And, the Packers lost Jolly for the year due to suspension and the Packers pass rush wasn't all that impressive to begin with. The match-up is pretty even outside of the QB match-up.

And the one match-up issue that both teams have in common is that neither team can defend a good tight end, the Packers were killed by guys like Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Kellen Winslow and Heath Miller last season and the Eagles are perennially one of the worst tight end defending teams in the NFL.

The Packers will win because of Aaron Rodgers is infinitely better than Kolb. If you think the Packers are going to blow the Eagles out, you'll be sorely disappointed. The Packers will win because of the Rodgers to Finley combination and because Kolb will make about 2 mistakes that he shouldn't make especially when facing Charles Woodson and Nick Collins.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers don't have a good secondary.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Packers don't have a good secondary.
5th ranked pass defense in the NFL last season, that is manned by the reigning NFL DPOY, one of the best ball hawking safeties in the NFL (Collins), a stud rookie in Burnett and a guy the Packers organization is really high on in Tramon Williams at CB. I wouldn't say they're great because one could argue their passing yards per game is a fluke but what you can't argue is that there is talent in the Packers defensive backfield.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
5th ranked pass defense in the NFL last season, that is manned by the reigning NFL DPOY, one of the best ball hawking safeties in the NFL (Collins), a stud rookie in Burnett and a guy the Packers organization is really high on in Tramon Williams at CB. I wouldn't say they're great because one could argue their passing yards per game is a fluke but what you can't argue is that there is talent in the Packers defensive backfield.
Except in the only game that mattered.

I expect they will have fixed a lot of their problems with bunched formations, but the Eagles would add wrinkles to complicate matters.

I do agree that they have talent, they were just so confused in the playoff game.

The eagles have a great offense with speedy receivers. That can give older corners problems, at some point Harris and Woodson will start to slow down.

The Colts have owned the Texans. Recently it was due to the Texans choking. Super Bowl losers have really struggled the following year. The only two recently to make the playoffs were in the horrible NFC West and Seattle was much worse.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Yikes.

Woodson is going to need to have a monster year again especially with how the GB offense is going to point up points
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who really likes the Saints over my Vikes?

Just seems like an ideal matchup for them with our suspect secondary and serious doubts about our WRs?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The secondary is going to be solid. It's the total lack of pass rush the Bengals will expose. But, yes, the over should be an easy pick in what should turn into a shootout.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one who really likes the Saints over my Vikes?

Just seems like an ideal matchup for them with our suspect secondary and serious doubts about our WRs?
So did anyone take my advice? I unfortunately got greedy and moved the line to +6 to deal with my OCD regarding whole numbers... Luckily had twice the amount on the regular line as I did on the +6 to still ended up overall...

Also, I learned that it is a disgusting dirty feeling to bet against your own team, especially on the line where you can get the double whammy of your team losing and your bet losing...

Ravens vs Jets is my next "lock" not a fan of what the Jets have done this offseason. They are entirely reliant on Shonn Greene improving significantly for the running game to be as good as last year. Revis hasn't practiced, no Holmes or Pace, 2nd year QB.

Basically the Ravens have improved everywhere but their secondary and I don't think the Jets have the pieces to take advantage of that weakness.

Also really like Green Bay to cover against the Eagles. Too many weapons on offense and good matchups on defense.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also really like Green Bay to cover against the Eagles. Too many weapons on offense and good matchups on defense.
So didn't factor in Vick, but still got the pick.

So 2 of 2 with the Ravens to take me to 3 of 3 hopefully tomorrow.

Throw in College with LSU over UNC, Boise over VT and Bama over Penn St and I've have a nice little start to the season!

If only I hadn't had a horrible end to the AFL season over here to offset it, I'd have retired by now ;)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This post is win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
NY GIANTS 7 Carolina 41

Miami 3 BUFFALO 39

TENNESSEE 6 Oakland 40

San Diego 4 KANSAS CITY 45

I like these four favorites to destroy the spreads.
I am, as Dan Patrick is known to say, en fuego. Chargers could put me at four for four, even if Miami failed to "destroy" the spread.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd take that Detroit spread all day long.

Others:
Miami
Indy
Dallas
SF
Wow... Well at least I got a couple and was money with the Detroit one.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, how did you do?

NEW ORLEANS 5 Minnesota 48 push
NY GIANTS 7 Carolina 41
Miami 3 BUFFALO 39
Atlanta 2 PITTSBURGH 37
CHICAGO 7 Detroit 43
NEW ENGLAND 4 Cincinnati 45
TAMPA BAY 3 Cleveland 37 push
JACKSONVILLE 2 Denver 40
Indianapolis 2HOUSTON 47
TENNESSEE 6 Oakland 40
Green Bay 3 PHILADELPHIA 47
San Francisco 3 SEATTLE 37
Arizona 4 ST LOUIS 39 push
Dallas 4 WASHINGTON 40

Monday, Sep. 13
NY JETS 2 Baltimore 36
San Diego 4 KANSAS CITY 45
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

3 for 3 for me. Baltimore, Green Bay and the Saints all covered their lines.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
I could see a blowout by Chicago, or a close win by either team. I think it's sloppy regardless. Screams no action to me.
Well, I was right on both my posts. Maybe what I thought what would happen didn't but the over hit and no action on the Chicago game was a good idea.

This week:

Philadelphia -3.5
Green Bay -13.5
Minnesota -5.5
Minnesota/Miami O40
New Orleans -5