Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
I really just do not understand how if you are in the end zone have two feet with possession the play isn't over.

If a runner dives into the end zone, extends the ball gets hit mid air and fumbles it's still a TD because he broke the plain.
Thats what I'm talking about, I see stuff like this all the time and nothing gets called. Calvin's whole body landed in the endzone and still had possession and when he started getting up he dropped the ball(which every single player does when they score). I have seen more things that were much more questionable then that and were never called.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKBe...layer_embedded

"Complete the process" TJ Jones.lol
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

my feelings on the Lions getting absolutely robbed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGX2q...layer_embedded
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Explain this one, Goodell. I ******* dare you.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOltheLions? View Post
my feelings on the Lions getting absolutely robbed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGX2q...layer_embedded
LOL'd so hard.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh did end up getting a sack today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
LOL'd so hard.
me too. That angry, angry dude is articulating my feelings.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
He did, but I didn't get to see it. Too bad he didn't try to rip off Cutler's head.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, that's nice.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-12-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Explain this one, Goodell. I ******* dare you.
i demand an apology from him and the refs. You see, this is what all these rules do, they ruin this sport we love. We as fans just want to see hard nosed football, and Goodell cares more about his rules and the business value rather than actual football. Hes ruining this league man, totally ruining it.

Well i swear, the Lions sure as hell better come out swinging against the Eagles. They better look ferocious, pissed off, and violent because if we come out playing this ***** ass, conservative football, we may as well just start talking about the draft already. Im watching this Eagles game as i type this and Philly is going to come out strong after this embarrassment they're laying in their own city. We're gonna have to literally kick the **** out of them to win next week. Use this anger and this feeling of getting royally F'd to to start winning games.

Some notes from the Chicago game:

- What a let down our o-line was. Backus sucks, and is responsible for Stafford getting hurt. we couldn't open any holes, we just couldnt do anything. pathetic

- Brandon Pettigrew over Michael Oher..can we please have a re-do?

- Brandon Pettigrew is a bust. What exactly did we see in this guy to pick him at 20? Hes an nonathletic, good blocking TE..great. A dime a dozen blocking TE. Mayhews not looking too smart after this one.

- Stafford..sigh..If he gets another injury after this shoulder thing, its time to put him on the block. We can not have a glass QB with this pathetic o-line. You see, this is why we didnt want Stafford in the first place 2 years ago. Because he was just going to get killed. Whats happen 2 years in a row? HE GETS MURDERED. You have to build a team by stacking up the Oline. We still have the same 4/5 players on the O-line as we did when we went 0-16. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

-Dline played great

**** the NFL
Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

I do have to say I love how Schwartz reacted to it during the press conference. Basically saying that he didn't feel like a good coach complains and then didn't complain. Bitchin'.

Personally I don't understand how anyone can look at this and say it was the right call. I see why Bears fans shrug and take their win, but even they should be scratching their heads. This was wrong in every way.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-12-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I do have to say I love how Schwartz reacted to it during the press conference. Basically saying that he didn't feel like a good coach complains and then didn't complain. Bitchin'.

Personally I don't understand how anyone can look at this and say it was the right call. I see why Bears fans shrug and take their win, but even they should be scratching their heads. This was wrong in every way.
I come in peace and to say that you guys deserved to win that game. In my mind that was a touchdown if not for ******** rules from the NFL.

But for what it's worth, Schwartz said the refs made the right call according to the rules. It's not the refs that screwed the Lions, it's the NFL. It was an incredibly tough call for the refs, and if it was left as a TD originally, I highly doubt they could have overturned it.

But like I said in the gameday thread, I don't know if this is much of a consolation, but you will probably end up ahead of us in the standings. We are going to be terrible this year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gi...226008&prov=ap

i think it was the exact same situation back then

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe it was when he forced Cutler to run out of bounds himself. Not an actual tackle of the QB.

Regardless, he was very impressive along with the entire D Line.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gi...226008&prov=ap

i think it was the exact same situation back then
I remember that play. I don't think it was entirely as obvious of a bad call though.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ns-19-Bears-13

its just as close

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
you could argue. Then again that was to tie the game, not win it. Also the camera angle isn't very clear. Could be a bad call though, I agree on that.

But again, that doesn't change anything about this game and the fact that it was a catch.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The refs/rules really ****** you guys sideways today. That looked like a good catch by CJ. He had the ball plenty long enough.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

This could not have been a worse opening game. I would take the loss but having Stafford hurt for 6 weeks is really pissing me off. We'll be lucky to win 2 games this year
Old 09-12-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOltheLions? View Post
This could not have been a worse opening game. I would take the loss but having Stafford hurt for 6 weeks is really pissing me off. We'll be lucky to win 2 games this year
Well, I've seen that it looks like either 2-3 or 4-6. Our Bye week is Week 7, so if it's bad-bad maybe they'll just hold him out until Week 8.

Sucks, I was looking forward to this season and then one game has completely shat on everything. We're gonna start out 0-6 :(

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Well, I've seen that it looks like either 2-3 or 4-6. Our Bye week is Week 7, so if it's bad-bad maybe they'll just hold him out until Week 8.

Sucks, I was looking forward to this season and then one game has completely shat on everything. We're gonna start out 0-6 :(

yeah pretty much. Our offensive gameplan was horrible today though. When we let Sean Hill throw the ball, he actually did well. I think if we come out pissed off and feel robbed, we could perhaps upset the Vikings in Minnesota and beat the rams going 2-4 into the bye week. I cant see us beating the Eagles and we always play a good game against the Vikings. And if Favre is still looking weak..you know what, no. Favre will look awful next week and then have his coming out day against the Lions throwing 6 touchdowns. We'll go 1-5 beating the Rams. Stafford will come back and we'll go 4-12. Im just about ready to give up on this franchise..Its the same story every year.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The refs saw we already had the spread covered. That's win enough in Detroit.

We lost a perfect game cause it would have been to expensive to those in power. It's also big enough for business to always count on the lions to lose. Try and tell me this loss won't make a huge difference in next weeks spread.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly just lost their starting center to IR (Suh) and Andy Reid said he will play Kolb over Vick if healthy. Shaun Hill can keep this team in the game better than our previous back ups. If they start Vick we are toast. Plus it seemed like Shaun Hill was actually getting Calvin in the game more than Stafford.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Philly just lost their starting center to IR (Suh) and Andy Reid said he will play Kolb over Vick if healthy. Shaun Hill can keep this team in the game better than our previous back ups. If they start Vick we are toast. Plus it seemed like Shaun Hill was actually getting Calvin in the game more than Stafford.
That might be true, but c'mon man, it's the Stanchize!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hate to see that about Stafford hopefully he come back in a month and pick up where he left off. I was following the game on line and just knew it was gonna be a win.