Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:16 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Phillip Rivers >>>>> Aaron Rodgers.

I just want that out there before the season starts.

Rivers is the best under 30 QB in the league that I can think of right now at 5:15 AM.

Last edited by SenorGato : 09-09-2010 at 04:19 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think you can go wrong at the moment and comparing them is going to be tough because Rodgers is in a better situation IMO. I would bet that barring injury Aaron Rodgers has a statistically better season than Rivers but that isn't indicative of Rodgers neccessarily being better than Rivers.

After Brady, Manning and Brees I would take both of these guys over anyone else in a heartbeat

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

No way, Aaron Rodgers is pushing to be on the same tier as Manning and Brees. Guys in the NFL fear Aaron Rodgers, Antrel Rolle said "I'll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face [Rodgers] again", Ryan Clark said "Aaron Rodgers is an animal. Period, point blank." and that "If Brees, Manning, & Brady are the pole leaders at qb then Aaron Rodgers is approaching fast of the straightaway". Actual players dread going against Rodgers, its not just some internet message board hype, the hype is justified.

Rodgers is the best under 30 QB in the NFL.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Clark sucks/has a vagina.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Ryan Clark sucks/has a vagina.
Prove it?.. Clark has been a productive, starting player on one of the best defenses in the NFL year in and year out. And even if he did suck, he is in the NFL which almost automatically makes his statements more knowledgeable and superior to yours.

And does Rolle suck/have a vagina too? I mean he said he feared Rodgers more than Brees...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Prove it?.. Clark has been a productive, starting player on one of the best defenses in the NFL year in and year out. And even if he did suck, he is in the NFL which almost automatically makes his statements more knowledgeable and superior to yours.

And does Rolle suck/have a vagina too? I mean he said he feared Rodgers more than Brees...
Fine...I'm not searching the internet for players thoughts on Rivers...Rivers > Rodgers.

Only one >.

He's got 4 more TD passes the past two years with 100+ less pass attempts...Not quite a Ryan Clark opinion, but perhaps some sign of ability.

Last edited by SenorGato : 09-09-2010 at 05:01 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
He's got 4 more TD passes the past two years with 100+ less pass attempts...Not quite a Ryan Clark opinion, but perhaps some sign of ability.
And that is including Rodgers first year starting.

Rodgers first two seasons starting:
58 touchdowns, 20 interceptions, 8,472 yards, 7.8 YPA, a 64+% completion rate, 523 rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns
Rivers first two seasons starting:
43 touchdowns, 24 interceptions, 6,540 yards, 6.9 YPA, 61+% completion rate, 82 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD

Clearly Rodgers is off to a much better start than Rivers was.

And last season Rodgers threw 2 more touchdowns, 2 less interceptions not to mention Rodgers led a more potent offense. One could easily argue that Rodgers is already better than Rivers and Rodgers has only started 2 seasons compared to Rivers 4 starting seasons.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And that is including Rodgers first year starting.

Rodgers first two seasons starting:
58 touchdowns, 20 interceptions, 8,472 yards, 7.8 YPA, a 64+% completion rate, 523 rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns
Rivers first two seasons starting:
43 touchdowns, 24 interceptions, 6,540 yards, 6.9 YPA, 61+% completion rate, 82 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD

Clearly Rodgers is off to a much better start than Rivers was.

And last season Rodgers threw 2 more touchdowns, 2 less interceptions not to mention Rodgers led a more potent offense. One could easily argue that Rodgers is already better than Rivers and Rodgers has only started 2 seasons compared to Rivers 4 starting seasons.

One could also easily argue that Rodgers has more weapons to his disposal.

I would gladly take GBs receiving options and offensive system over the Chargers.

It also has to be noted that the NFC North isn't laden with top pass defenses whereas the AFC West has Nnamdi Asomghua and Champ Bailey, two of the top CBs of the decade, if not the top two.

Also in Rivers first two seasons the Chargers were definitely a run first team with LT and that big O-line. Vincent Jackson only started to breakout when the Chargers put the ball more in Rivers hands.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wrong, big time, haha.

Rolle feared Rodgers more than Brees because he was heading into a game with Brees, then got his ass taken to school, ahhaha.

Anyway, difference is negligible, neither is as good as Brees or Manning, no real argument for them either.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
One could also easily argue that Rodgers has more weapons to his disposal.

I would gladly take GBs receiving options and offensive system over the Chargers.

It also has to be noted that the NFC North isn't laden with top pass defenses whereas the AFC West has Nnamdi Asomghua and Champ Bailey, two of the top CBs of the decade, if not the top two.

Also in Rivers first two seasons the Chargers were definitely a run first team with LT and that big O-line. Vincent Jackson only started to breakout when the Chargers put the ball more in Rivers hands.
One could also argue that San Diego being a run heavy team is all the more reason that Philip Rivers should've been more efficient than he was in his first two years starting. In Rivers' first two seasons he had LT in his prime, Michael Turner and a great offensive line. He was able to lean on that run game and all he had to do was manage the game, yet he was still far less efficient than Rodgers in terms of YPA, completion % and TD:INT ratio and this is all despite the fact that Rodgers is the focal point of defensive game plans whereas Rivers was not. Rodgers take more focus from the defenses and he still outproduced Rivers in their 2 first years starting.

Plus Aaron Rodgers has the stronger arm, better mechanics and is more mobile while Rivers is more accurate and has better pocket presence. All in all I think they're right on the same level, I just happen to prefer Rodgers, the guy who IMO is already better than Rivers despite being 2 years behind on the 'developmental scale'.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers is the best qb in the league without a SB.

Its Rodgers, and honestly, its Rodgers by a pretty fair margin.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

>

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OP is 100% correct. As of this point in time Rivers is the better QB than Rodgers. Give it a couple of years, though
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers's ability to run is one of the most underrated facets of his game.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Rodgers makes the playoffs this year again(which I'm pretty sure he will as they can win that division), it'll help answer alot of questions I have about him. I want to see his legacy have some more playoff games in it before I base too much of an opinion 1 way or another about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want that out there before the season starts.

Rodgers is the best under 30 QB in the league that I can think of right now at 9:39 AM.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love, love Philip Rivers. I think we will see him light it up this year, even without Vincent Jackson. That said Aaron Rodgers is legit and I would bet a lot that his numbers will look better at the end of the year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally agree, but making these types of threads is pointless.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love, love, love Philip Rivers (won me over forever with that ballsy playoff game on two busted knees against Indy with no Gates or LT).

HOWEVER, other than when he plays Indy, he's been pretty abysmal in the playoffs. He's got a 3-4 record (two of those wins came against bigger choke artist Manning), 8 TDs, 8 INTs, a 79 rating and two inexcusable collapses at home (2006 vs. Pats, 2009 vs. Jets).

I know, I know, not everything is on the QB, but his postseason performance is completely substandard to the regular season. He needs to beat somebody other than Indy.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't even enter the conversation of elite QBs until he wins a playoff game. Love the dude, love his talent, love his numbers, and I think he'll have a great year. But let me know when he wins a playoff game.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-09-2010 at 10:17 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, you don't have to be an elite quarterback to win a playoff game... but to be an elite quarterback you must win a playoff game?

Rodgers was elite last season & he'll be elite this season. He's the one player I think has legitimate potential to take Manning's reign as best Quarterback in football. Right now Drew Brees is up there, but he's only been in this conversation for two years; Rodgers is next.

Philip Rivers is a great player, a Top 5 Quarterback; still, I'm with the group of people that believe Rodgers could easily be the best player in football after this season.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I love, love, love Philip Rivers (won me over forever with that ballsy playoff game on two busted knees against Indy with no Gates or LT).

Me too, I'll never forget that game. It was simply amazing watching him hobble around out there knowing he could be wrecking his career, and he had a really good game on top of not being able to plant all that well. Though it's pretty tough to get a good look at his playoff resume since he has Norv Turner as his HC and I don't know that I really trust him to gameplan properly in the playoffs either so I'd give him alot of the blame for early playoff exits.

This will be a big year for both though. I want to see how Rivers adapts without Vincent Jackson and if they fold early again in the playoffs, and if Rodgers can win a playoff game(not that the game last year was his fault, but he still needs to win one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Aaron Rodgers dick sucking fest is amazing.

Matt Ryan > everyone
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This Aaron Rodgers dick sucking fest is amazing.

Matt Ryan > everyone
Seriously? I think we might just have a biased Vikings fan on our hands folks. Who would have thought, a Vikings fan who hates Aaron Rodgers.

Call me crazy but I'll take the guy who threw for 8 more touchdowns, 1/2 the interceptions, 1500 more yards, completed 8% more of their passes, had 1.7 more yards per attempt and also had 4 more rushing touchdowns. But again, I might just be crazy.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously? I think we might just have a biased Vikings fan on our hands folks. Who would have thought, a Vikings fan who hates Aaron Rodgers.

Call me crazy but I'll take the guy who threw for 8 more touchdowns, 1/2 the interceptions, 1500 more yards, completed 8% more of their passes, had 1.7 more yards per attempt and also had 4 more rushing touchdowns. But again, I might just be crazy.
Just watch, Matt Ryan is gonna go for 38 and 13 this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how you can be in the discussion for best QB without putting up the best yards, completion percentage, touchdowns, or win any superbowls, or lead the top ranked offense.

I thought you had to be the most statistically dominant, or "just win" but apparently you just gotta be top 5 and not win.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote