Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Uh, the Packers front 7 is excellent, and its why they were tops in run D. Pickett did an excellent job at NT last year, but we'll see how he does with the move to DE. Cullen Jenkins never seems to get his due, he is a beast and not only is great vs the run but is good at getting to the QB. Barnett/Matthews are very good LBers. Hawk is assignment sure, but nothing spectacular, and as you said, the jury is out on Brad Jones. I like the front 7 a lot, its the secondary that worries me, though
Probably not good in a division with Martz/Cutler, Favre, and Staffrod/CJ...The D is nice in places but even crappy D's are nice in places...I still don't see enough to make me think this is a D that can win a Super Bowl or even repeat last year's statistical performance.

Cullen Jenkins is a nice player too.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I like Rodgers, but I can't place him with the elite QBs with that pocket presence of his. He holds onto the ball far too long and often seems to be unaware of where the rush is coming from or where he should move in the pocket. His pass protection is poor, but that's no excuse. Put a Manning, Brees, or Brady behind that line and they wouldn't be taking those kinds of sacks.
I'd rather take a sack then turn the ball over 10/10. Actually, we just saw what Peyton did behind a line about as good as the Packers last year. Took two sacks and was hit 10 times against the Texans. Their D-Line isn't all too impressive outside of Mario Williams.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 09-13-2010 at 11:56 AM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I met Aaron Rodgers in a dream last night (super vivid). We talked about facial hair almost exclusively. I told him I liked his fu and told him I was thinking about going with a Lemmy. He liked the idea and said he was considering going the same route, but that he really like mustaches. He and a couple others tried to get me to convert to mustache from beard, but I told them "I don't trust people with mustaches as a rule, and if I had a mustache how could I go about life not trusting myself?" He laughed, and then the dream ended.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers doesn't take the sack or give the interception he just has amazing pocket presence.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame you for lowering your opinions of Rodgers because of yesterdays game but I predict by week 8 or so he'll get/get back his great pocket awareness, his accuracy will be top notch and he'll just see the field and read his routes better. That would be about back to where he was when he left off 2009.

He didn't look good but he led his offense to 27 points and was throwing a slick ball.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I don't blame you for lowering your opinions of Rodgers because of yesterdays game but I predict by week 8 or so he'll get/get back his great pocket awareness, his accuracy will be top notch and he'll just see the field and read his routes better. That would be about back to where he was when he left off 2009.

He didn't look good but he led his offense to 27 points and was throwing a slick ball.
But you can see how that performance doesn't exactly match the MVP-caliber expectations a lot of people in this very thread had set for Rodgers. Not saying that one game makes him not a great QB, but it does reinforce the idea that he needs to prove he's elite by consistently playing elite football and that so far he hasn't shown enough for long enough.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Probably not good in a division with Martz/Cutler, Favre, and Staffrod/CJ...The D is nice in places but even crappy D's are nice in places...I still don't see enough to make me think this is a D that can win a Super Bowl or even repeat last year's statistical performance.

Cullen Jenkins is a nice player too.

An active Dline/front 7 who gets pressure can mask deficiencies in the secondary. Bears OL gave up 4 sacks to the Lions defense yesterday, and in general their OL is pretty awful. Same goes for Detroit. With that said, I want to see how they stack up vs talented teams with good OL's. They aren't a great D, but they are good, and are an opportunistic D who will create a lot of turnovers. Packers have an elite offense so that type of D is good enough to get them to where they want to go
Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I snagged this out of the SDUT today

'Riversí 96.3 passer rating is highest in history after 64 starts. His 63.2 completion percentage through those 64 starts is third behind Kurt Warner and Joe Montana. He has thrown 105 touchdowns to 44 interceptions, a ratio that only Dan Marino (157-72) came close to matching in his first 64 starts.'

woot woot, very anxious to see how the O-line holds up against the Chiefs.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I snagged this out of the SDUT today

'Riversí 96.3 passer rating is highest in history after 64 starts. His 63.2 completion percentage through those 64 starts is third behind Kurt Warner and Joe Montana. He has thrown 105 touchdowns to 44 interceptions, a ratio that only Dan Marino (157-72) came close to matching in his first 64 starts.'

woot woot, very anxious to see how the O-line holds up against the Chiefs.
Let's go P-Rizzy!

You going to the game next week CC? I think I'm gonna have to head down there for it, cheap seats are still only $40.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

1 game means nothing, absolutely nothing

Any opinions formed on Rodgers were from well before that game
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote