Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady is worth every penny. Hell the fact that Eli was the highest paid player before this proves Brady deserves it.

I'm expecting Brady to be fine. Teams don't like doing extensions during the season. It's done, he's happy, and they can focus on the season ahead.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?
4,398 yards 28 TD's 13 Int's.

Ya he sucked last year they should have just cut him instead of giving him a new deal...
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?
He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????
Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Brady is a top 3 QB in the NFL, no doubt. He deserves a huge pay day.
He led his team to Super Bowls back when he didn't even have elite weapons. Then when he got them, he put up ridiculous stats and shattered records. Even after his injury scare, he came back last year and had a fantastic season. He's become a tad overshadowed by Manning's MVP's and Brees' most recent Super Bowl, but he's just as good as those guys. Think him and the Pats will have a monster year.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.

Abbadon =

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
4,398 yards 28 TD's 13 Int's.

Ya he sucked last year they should have just cut him instead of giving him a new deal...
Because saying he was barely top 10 is the same thing as saying he sucked.

Quote:

Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.

Quote:
I had a feeling this would turn into calling me a troll because *gasp* I use facts in my arguments instead of just saying crap that has nothing to do with right now like, "Hez got da ringzz and winzzz". I also don't understand why you brought Manning up at all?

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must not have watched the Patriots, because Brady was definitely a top 10 QB.

FO had him #1 even though I would disagree with that, it was interesting that everyone was all over his balls and yet he still managed to put up very good statistics against very good defenses.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.
I never said I liked or disliked it. I quoted it because it makes no sense. He either is or is not top 10. And if he is (which we clearly agree on) then he deserves a big time contract.

The way NFL contracts work is plainly obvious: The next guy signed gets a bigger contract. Peyton's deal will be equal to or larger than Brady's.

A perennial top 10 QB is worth that much money.

Quote:
I had a feeling this would turn into calling me a troll because *gasp* I use facts in my arguments instead of just saying crap that has nothing to do with right now like, "Hez got da ringzz and winzzz". I also don't understand why you brought Manning up at all?
Exactly what "facts" have you used?

Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Have you seen him at all this off-/pre-season? He's back. Also, Brady had a down year last year by completing 66% of his passes for 4400 yards and 28 TDs... Yeah. If that's a down year, he's worth whatever they gave him.
Deserved to get paid. 19 mil is a lot of cash though.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
All undeniable facts.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way Brady was "barely" a top-10 QB last year. That is ignorant. Schedule strength does matter when it comes to raw statistics and the 2009 Patriots had the hardest schedule against pass defenses in the entire decade. Brady still put up 4,300 yards and 28 touchdowns, easy.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
All undeniable facts.
Right, but remember, they always can fall back on the ole "he has 3 rings" thing, even though they were like 6-7 years ago at the most recent.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If anyone would take Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady I would please like for you to get GM jobs in the NFC South for Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. It would do me a lot of good.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
All undeniable facts.
Wow. Do you realize that every single thing you bolded is opinion, not fact?

Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

(I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)

Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:

Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

(I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)

Not only that, but they are dead wrong opinions. Oh well.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget, he's taken discounts on his prior contracts... so I look at it as, "I took care of the team, now you take care of me now"
I see no problem with it. Like others have said, P.Manning will have a bigger contract.

-4300 yds 28 TDs against the hardest pass defense of the past decade
-That's on top of returning from an ACL injury.
-Two years removed. He should be even better- especially since the strength of schedule isn't as tough this year (I'm assuming)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see how gaudy Brady's #'s are this year if there's no Randy Moss.
That's the situation facing Favre missing Sidney Rice for at least half the year.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^What's that got to do with anything?
but if you insist, Brady has already proven that he can thrive without an elite WR

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said I liked or disliked it. I quoted it because it makes no sense. He either is or is not top 10. And if he is (which we clearly agree on) then he deserves a big time contract.

The way NFL contracts work is plainly obvious: The next guy signed gets a bigger contract. Peyton's deal will be equal to or larger than Brady's.

A perennial top 10 QB is worth that much money.
NOTE: I am not saying that Brady is only the 9th best QB in the league but if he continues to play like last year when he was around there then he doesn't deserve that much money. A perennial top 10 QB is not worth $19 million a year, no way. Perennial top 3, definitely.

Quote:
More referring to the Peyton vs. Brady a couple of users and I had last week but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.

Quote:
If anyone would take Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady I would please like for you to get GM jobs in the NFC South for Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. It would do me a lot of good.
The only one I would definitely take over Brady is Rodgers but the other 3 were better last year.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Let's see how gaudy Brady's #'s are this year if there's no Randy Moss.
That's the situation facing Favre missing Sidney Rice for at least half the year.

Ummm where have you been since 2001?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ummm where have you been since 2001?
If you think 25 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 3600 yards, 62% completion, and a passer rating of about 88 is worth $19 million a year then more power to you.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
NOTE: I am not saying that Brady is only the 9th best QB in the league but if he continues to play like last year when he was around there then he doesn't deserve that much money. A perennial top 10 QB is not worth $19 million a year, no way. Perennial top 3, definitely.

More referring to the Peyton vs. Brady a couple of users and I had last week but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.

The only one I would definitely take over Brady is Rodgers but the other 3 were better last year.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
If you think 25 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 3600 yards, 62% completion, and a passer rating of about 88 is worth $19 million a year then more power to you.
Of course if you look at nothing but numbers the contract isnt going to look good but if you want a guy that can get it done in the post season then this is a great contract. Oh wait, how many superbowls have those other Qbs won in the last decade?

Quote:
Quote: