Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree to disagree, killxswitch.

CJ is a finesse blocker, who has ALWAYS been a liability as a run-blocker. He gets pushed around by 260-lbs speed-rushers. I really don't see how he would improve our line as a OG or RT.

Let's face it, he would be at his best as a versatile super-sub.

Fact of the matter Colts don't have a single starting-caliber O-Lineman on the roster at this point.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Agree to disagree, killxswitch.

CJ is a finesse blocker, who has ALWAYS been a liability as a run-blocker. He gets pushed around by 260-lbs speed-rushers. I really don't see how he would improve our line as a OG or RT.

Let's face it, he would be at his best as a versatile super-sub.

Fact of the matter Colts don't have a single starting-caliber O-Lineman on the roster at this point.
I actually do agree with that. But realistically I don't think we can change more than maybe 2-3 starters on the OL in the offseason. There are plenty of places where he wouldn't start, but he is the bet OLman we have now.

It makes me sad to look back at the starting line of Tarik Glenn, Lilja, Saturday, Jake Scott, and Diem. Compared to the dog **** we have now that was one hell of a line. Now Glenn is retired, Lilja cut, Scott signed with the Titans, and the last two are 2+ years past being any good.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/JimIrsay

Dom Rhodes is apparently back with the team or at least in for a tryout.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, Jeez. You might as well give Edge a tryout.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh what the hell does this mean now? Dominic Rhodes? Seriously?

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The kid they signed a couple of weeks ago, Joique Bell, he looked promising on highlights.

Why not give him a shot?

What do we have to lose? No one else can run behind this line. I'm pretty sure Rhodes will be running into the wall every time.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't know if you guys agree with me, but Marcus Cannon is my top prospect (among those that have a good shot of being there for us).
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Not sure about Cannon. I mean I like him but can he play LT? This might get into the disagreement we have about CJ but I think a LT prospect is necessary for max improvement of the OL.

The OL has to get better immediately. CJ needs to be playing RT. Polian can't/won't make enough moves to completely replace every OL starter this offseason so we have to assume that CJ at the very least will still be starting. His best spot IMO is RT. If we were to get a Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod that would improve 2 spots immediately.

I also think Cannon might be available in the 2nd. Maybe he can play LT but I think he will be a really good guard in the NFL.

Did any of you hear on the Polian show where he admitted drafting Hughes instead of Saffold was a mistake? I was shocked.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We have to spend multiple picks on O-Linemen.

I'm usually against picking OG in the 1st round (unless he's sure-fire Pro-Bowler), but it is a such a HUGE need for us.

I guess Guard is the position that you don't appreciate enough until you find out (the hard way) just how important it is.

I mean, I liked both Lija and Scott, but I NEVER thought that losing them would turn into such a NIGHTMARE for us.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
We have to spend multiple picks on O-Linemen.

I'm usually against picking OG in the 1st round (unless he's sure-fire Pro-Bowler), but it is a such a HUGE need for us.

I guess Guard is the position that you don't appreciate enough until you find out (the hard way) just how important it is.

I mean, I liked both Lija and Scott, but I NEVER thought that losing them would turn into such a NIGHTMARE for us.
Losing Glenn to retirement, Scott to FA, and Lilja to injury where the big ones. This signing of Rhodes makes me remember his 1000 yard year when Edge got hurt. It wasn't because Rhodes was that good. It's because the OL at the time was that good. I shake my head when I think about drafting these 1st round "skill position" players that either suck (Brown) or are too hurt to play (Gonzo).

I agree OL should be the target in the first two rounds. I am hoping the top talent at WR and DE will mean teams will leave the OL talent alone. If we could somehow get Carimi/Sherrod and Cannon/Pouncey, even if it meant trading up in the 2nd, that would be amazing.

I think if Diem were retained he could play guard effectively. He still has strength. He just has no foot speed or agility. Put him in a phone booth and he can play well, IMO.

1st rounder at LT, Johnson at RT, Diem and either Devan or a 2nd round guard at LT, and Saturday/Pollak at center would be a realistic and significant improvement IMO.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

They probably won't trust Peyton's blind-side to a rookie, so expect another season of CJ at LT.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
They probably won't trust Peyton's blind-side to a rookie, so expect another season of CJ at LT.
From Polian's comments about Saffold I am not so sure about that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

He was also very critical of interior 3.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
He was also very critical of interior 3.
If we come out of the draft with 2 of the 4 in my sig I think we will be on our way to a much better OL. It might be tough but it is time to start trading on draft day to get the players we need instead of just taking the most valuable player at the spot we happen to find ourselves in.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Bob Sanders to IR. Only 13 weeks too late.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Eh. Ok win. We still made it MUCH more interesting then it should've been.

We actually ran the ball today, somewhat. But this line still sucks.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The line does still suck.

Wideouts looked fantastic.

James is clearly better than Brown.

The defensive scheme is horrible and needs to be scrapped. I don't think our players are that bad other than the banged up secondary. I think the scheme is garbage.

Great kick by AV for 46 yards.

Terrible clock mgmt by the Titans at the end.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-09-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys.

</3

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Tough loss TH. Neither team probably deserved to win that one.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-10-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugly wins count the same as pretty ones. At least we have a few extra days to rest before the Jaguars game now. Game ball goes to Garcon tonight, played determined and intense. Finally looks healthy for the first time this year.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tough loss TH. Neither team probably deserved to win that one.
You guys definitely deserved it more.

Also, I LOL when somebody posts about fixing the Colts or Peyton Manning. Pretty funny.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

What's everyone think of our chances on Sunday vs the Jags?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It'll most likely be a high-scoring game. We gotta contain MJD.

As usual, the passing offense will have to do most of the heavy lifting.

We can't lose 3 straight at home, can we?

Last edited by MaxV : 12-15-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Colts just signed Michael Toudouze. Apparently CJ might be out vs. Jags.

This just gets better and better.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It sucks that he's out but Linkenbach has done ok at LT. He is a horrible guard but at LT I think he is alright.

i done stole dis sig