Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Pick one!
Kevin Kolb 26 23.01%
Michael Vick 87 76.99%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick for Hall of Fame.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Kevin Kolb, because according to some Eagle fans, he's the Aaron Rodgers. HA
Who the hell thinks that? Sure they are in similar situations, but no one expects him to be an All-pro caliber QB.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Ya'll wanna win? Put Vick in.
You misspelled Boobie.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Who the hell thinks that? Sure they are in similar situations, but no one expects him to be an All-pro caliber QB.
Thumper did based on scientific analysis.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Thumper did based on scientific analysis.
He's back on the site under his third name now. This should get interesting.

I'd like to go on record as stating that I hated the Kolb pick when it happened, I hated trading Donny Mac away for Kolb, and I still hate Kolb. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He's back on the site under his third name now. This should get interesting.

I'd like to go on record as stating that I hated the Kolb pick when it happened, I hated trading Donny Mac away for Kolb, and I still hate Kolb. Thank you.
Haha, I know you were holding it down for McNasty, I was too.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kevin Kolb didn't get hurt this game wouldn't have been nearly as close. We were getting a lot of pressure, but Vick is a freak and was not only able to get out of it, but then take it for a 20 yard gain. Kolb wouldn't have been able to handle it.

However, they can't give up on Kevin Kolb. They have to give him at least one full season.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Kevin Kolb, because I own him in 2 fantasy leagues and today severely messed up my opening weekend.
I'm in the same boat =(

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't but, they should, start Vick.

Better to have a mobile QB behind a **** o-line. Kolb is just going to get sacked and probably hurt again.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Kolb looked better than McNabb has so far. So, yeah, not sure where I'm going with that one, but yeah.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Well, Kolb looked better than McNabb has so far. So, yeah, not sure where I'm going with that one, but yeah.
Um...about that. 5-10, 24 yards isn't good at all.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
and cause, you know, kolb was horrendous.

though im torn, id almost rather see philly fans suffer with kolb after they took mcnabb for granted.
This. They ran a very good QB out of town. I'm going to enjoy watching Kolb suck.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

I think people are overreacting to Kolb's performance, I hated it, he forced it to DeSean (shocker) and he was scared of the blitz. But he only threw the ball 10 times, 3 after he suffered a concussion. I'm not saying Kolb performed well, but lets hold off on burning him at the stake for at least a few more weeks.

Part of me wants to see more of Vick (because he was great) and the other part of me wants Kolb out there against Detroit as a confidence builder. But, I'd be fine with sucking for two seasons straight if it meant the Eagles got Patrick Peterson and Matt Barkley.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think its a mistake to run the two QB system like Reid was running today even when Kolb was healthy. We saw Arizona try and run it a few years back with Warner and Leinart switching in and out of the game, and I think its an awful system. It prevents the QB from getting into any sort of rhythm with the offense and it hurts the offense as well, especially when the difference at QB is between a pure pocket passer in Kolb to a dynamic running QB like Vick. It undermines the leadership required from the QB position and overall, I think it hurts alot more then it helps. Running occasional Wildcat or putting Vick in every now and then might not hurt, but subbing Kolb out every 3 plays to do something with Vick is detrimental to his development and the offenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Christian Ponder
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I really think its a mistake to run the two QB system like Reid was running today even when Kolb was healthy. We saw Arizona try and run it a few years back with Warner and Leinart switching in and out of the game, and I think its an awful system. It prevents the QB from getting into any sort of rhythm with the offense and it hurts the offense as well, especially when the difference at QB is between a pure pocket passer in Kolb to a dynamic running QB like Vick. It undermines the leadership required from the QB position and overall, I think it hurts alot more then it helps. Running occasional Wildcat or putting Vick in every now and then might not hurt, but subbing Kolb out every 3 plays to do something with Vick is detrimental to his development and the offenses.
That was frustrating the hell out of me. I wanted Kolb to get in a rhythm and they just kept putting Vick back in. Kolb isn't gonna complain about it like Donovan did but he had to be getting frustrated as well.

Edit: Just to clarify my position on Kolb, I was a believer and am rooting for him to turn it around and play well, but if he continues to play like **** I will not be against drafting a replacement very soon. I still don't think McNabb was the answer so I'm not gonna change how I feel about the trade. I am glad we got Nate Allen out of it who got a pick today and looked very solid in both run support and coverage.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 09-12-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Christian Ponder
11-for-28 for 113 yards and two interceptions
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
That settles it. He sucks
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I'll take the guy in your sig instead. ;)

But seriously he'd be a beast in this offense.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um...about that. 5-10, 24 yards isn't good at all.
It was better than the 3-7 for 34 that McNabb had at the time of my post.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Viiiiiiick!
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a fan of Kolb, and this game just reaffirmed my feeling that he isn't a NFL starter.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
It was better than the 3-7 for 34 that McNabb had at the time of my post.
Well, no, it wasn't. I mean, last time I checked, 34 is more than 24.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Well, no, it wasn't. I mean, last time I checked, 34 is more than 24.
Last I checked, 50% is better than 42.85714285714286%.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Last I checked, 50% is better than 42.85714285714286%.
Good point. A sample size this small is completely foolproof.