Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Pick one!
Kevin Kolb 26 23.01%
Michael Vick 87 76.99%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Good point. A sample size this small is completely foolproof.
The point I've been trying to illustrate all day.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah so Kolb sucks and it will be evident soon enough. Vick baby Vick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinion is that they should start Vick because he's so much fun to watch whether it be the good or the bad.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
My opinion is that they should start Vick because he's so much fun to watch whether it be the good or the bad.
Ah, the non-Bears fan approved Rex Grossman strategy! That always works.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb is terrible. I've been saying it all offseason. I believe that most people formed their opinions of him based on what they read, instead of what they saw.

Why? Bc most people haven't seen Kolb play but still had an opinion on him.

Nothing he's done in the past 4 years has led me to believe he'll be a good qb. He's in his 4th year, and he's making mistakes that rookies make. If he hasn't figured out basics like staring down WRs by now, he never will.

Plus he has a weak arm.

I hope they start Kolb all season, but I'm worried Vick will steal the starting job from him halfway through the year.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can start whichever one they want... neither guy is the answer.

They need to take a QB with their 1st pick or failing that, offensive line help.

The next 2 drafts should be pretty good for quarterbacks, so they should have some decent choices... I personally think Ponder would be a nice fit in that offense, but there are certainly other options
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hope they start Kolb all season, but I'm worried Vick will steal the starting job from him halfway through the year.
The ultimate genius Andy Reid admit a mistake and do something sensible on offense?

You sir do not follow Eagles' football closely enough.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The ultimate genius Andy Reid admit a mistake and do something sensible on offense?

You sir do not follow Eagles' football closely enough.
Reid never wanted to trade McNabb. It was forced on him by management.

I think this will be interesting, bc I know Reid would rather start Vick, but there's no way he can do that unless Kolb completely wets the bed for the next 7 games. Which is very possible, but I'm hoping they allow Kolb an entire season to prove he's not the answer before they move on.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the sake of Eagles fans everywhere, I hope Vick takes over soon. At least then they'll have someone to boo.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
For the sake of Eagles fans everywhere, I hope Vick takes over soon. At least then they'll have someone to boo.
Honestly, the way Eagles fans have treated McNabb, I think they deserve some Kevin Kolb so they can realize what they've had for the past 10 years.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
The injury is the only thing that saved Kolb from a rain of boos today.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid never wanted to trade McNabb. It was forced on him by management.

I think this will be interesting, bc I know Reid would rather start Vick, but there's no way he can do that unless Kolb completely wets the bed for the next 7 games. Which is very possible, but I'm hoping they allow Kolb an entire season to prove he's not the answer before they move on.
They weren't gonna win with McNabb either... it made sense to sell him high.

The Eagles interior offensive line is a travesty. McNabb would just get another set of broken ribs, a bum ankle, and God knows what else.

And if Kolb continues to suck as bad as he has, Reid better pull the trigger because he could very well get fired if the Eagles finish 4th in the division.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
They weren't gonna win with McNabb either... it made sense to sell him high.
Yep, trading McNabb was still a solid move. They got good compensation for him and the chance to prove Kolb isn't the future.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the real question here is who will Michael Vick be starting for next year?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think the real question here is who will Michael Vick be starting for next year?
The Bills desperately need a QB, and Gailey made Thigpen look like a NFL player at times....
Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
The Bills desperately need a QB, and Gailey made Thigpen look like a NFL player at times....
OOOOH good call, plus with the TO signing you know Ralph Wilson isn't afraid to make a splash signing to generate any attention he can get in that market.

They'll probably still draft a QB in the first round, but will play Vick until the kid is ready. I like the thought of that.

Imagine if he led Buffalo to the playoffs for the first time in 2343423949 years.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know how you can say trading McNabb and playing Kolb in any way is worth it unless they somehow parlay the picks they got with the terrible draft pick they'd get out of playing Kolb for Andrew Luck
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
This.

Watching today made me miss Vick. He is so entertaining when he plays.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
This.

Watching today made me miss Vick. He is so entertaining when he plays.
He has a chance to annihilate a defense in any game he plays. No matter how much teams try to prepare, they're ingrained to recognize pass or run and re-act accordingly. But because he starts off as a pass and can easily evade pass rushers that normally stop other QBs from scrambling, he's a force. He's awful throwing the ball but he gets gimmes sometimes when the D gets terrified of him scrambling.

The guy shouldn't be playing in the NFL but hey, paying a convicted criminal six figures+ to play on television in front of millions of kids is the American way. (And it would prevent him from gaining any other respectable job, he'd be a ******* fast food cook. But since he can run he gets to circumvent penalties for being a scumbag.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid knows what he's doing with QBs. Armchair coaches calling him out are ignoring the fact that he's been smart enough to bring Vick in, give him a job and work with him. If Reid wants to give Kolb more time, I imagine he has good reason. If he wants Vick to start, I'd trust him on that too.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, the way Eagles fans have treated McNabb, I think they deserve some Kevin Kolb so they can realize what they've had for the past 10 years.
Agreed. Philadelphia was stupid for trading McNabb. Just like Houston was dumb for trading Warren Moon. When you have a franchise quarterback, you keep him. I don't care if he never wins a Super Bowl. You keep him. Just so at least every season you have a shot. It's so hard to find a replacement.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. Philadelphia was stupid for trading McNabb. Just like Houston was dumb for trading Warren Moon. When you have a franchise quarterback, you keep him. I don't care if he never wins a Super Bowl. You keep him. Just so at least every season you have a shot. It's so hard to find a replacement.
I think Kurt Warner with the Cards is the ultimate example of why here. If you make the playoffs you have a chance to win the superbowl if things break your way. McNabb gave the Eagles that slim chance, now they don't have it. Agree completely on that, then again you get a team like the Packers have shown the flipside of what can happen with a talented young player.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Mexico. I hope they stick with Kolb though.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Kolb is starting, Andy Reid isn't going to bench the guy he laid his career on the line for because Mike Vick looked very good in 1/2 a game. Sorry fans who want Vick to start it just won't happen unless Kolb is injured, Andy Reid for all his faults as an in game coach is fantastic when it comes to seeing the big picture and starting a QB who is 30 years old and has an expiring contract over the 26 year old he believes will be great (Andy does think that) is not good for the big picture.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Kolb should be the starter for now. But he might get killed behind that offensive line.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote