Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I do love me some Earl Thomas.

But yes, this game this last weekend completely destroyed any of the optimism I was feeling after beating SF and the Chargers. I mean it was the Rams with a hurt Steven Jackson! We shouldn't have lost...

As for Allen being a Husky fan, I don't really know since he went to WSU. However here at UW we have this REALLY nice computer science building named after him. And he is pretty active with donations here.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just traded for Marshawn Lynch for a 4th round pick this year and a conditional 2012 pick.
http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/statuses/26479478211

Julius Jones has been released.
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/26480538575

Old 10-05-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like it. Pete brings in guys like Leon Washington, Charlie Whitehurst, Lendale white and now Lynch. These guys are either not given much of a chance to show what they have or get shipped out. Not sure if Pete has it all together yet or he's just trying to grab some headlines, either way count me out with most of these moves.

I will also add with guys like White, Lynch and Leroy Hill, who i have no idea why he still is on the team, you're talking some real character issues, not good for a young rebuilding team.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the 4th for this year? If it is then i like it because this gonna be a bad draft talent wise. Even though its a fourth id say this a low risk high reward move. I think hill will be shopped next year, or he's gonna get cut. It just seems that he isnt taking in the whole pete carroll attitude. I figured jones was getting cut soon after being a healthy scratch againts the rams, so it was only a matter of time for him. But i think we need to stop with all this. I love having competition and refreshing the roster and the talent but at some point we need to settle down. This team needs continuity especially along the offensive line, and well bascially the whole offense or were gonna be picking top 15 for sure.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to know if anyone is feeling grouchy about Deion Branch being traded. I, for one, am not.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone is feeling grouchy about Deion Branch being traded. I, for one, am not.

Why would we miss him he's been useless for quite some time, seems like it's a revolving door with some of these draft picks.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Deion Branch is the epitome of a bad deal.

Regardless of his abilities, he was never healthy enough to produce.

I'd rather have our first rounder back...

Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Don't like it. Pete brings in guys like Leon Washington, Charlie Whitehurst, Lendale white and now Lynch ... count me out with most of these moves.

I kind of had this thought of yours in mind. Too much wheelin' and dealin' makes me a little nervous as well, but I think getting a 4th for Deion Branch is a pretty sweet deal, especially in light of the fact that the Pat's just traded away Randy Moss for a 3rd.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both deals... it was essentially Lynch for Branch...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
sacks98
Rookie

sacks98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A 4th for Branch was a great deal at most i thought we would get a 6th or 7th Stokely can put up the same production as Branch imo.

Love the Lynch move to if he can act civil hes had 2 years of 1k rushing yards behind the Bills o-line i bet he could do that for us not going to say he will but he could.

Also so far it looks like Pete hit in the draft i haven't seen Okung but so far Thomas looks better then Berry in my eyes 3 INT also people have been saying he isn't a very sound tackle but hes been wrapping guys up when given the chance when i watch the Hawks.

Mayocks a pretty good talent evaluator to he had Thomas over Berry but i am seeing alot of Asante Samuel the way he moves to the ball lol.

So glad to be rid of Ruskell and Holmgren these guys didn't know how to draft 1st rounders 8 out of the 10 1st rounders we drafted over the last 10 years 8 have never mounted to anything.

Last edited by sacks98 : 10-15-2010 at 11:37 AM.
sacks98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Is anyone else still cautious about this Seahawk team?

I mean yeah, we're 3-2 which is awesome, but I just don't feel like this team has a legitimate shot at the playoffs, or at least we shouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win every game, but I kind of expect them to lose more games than they win...

Anyways, Marshawn Lynch...yeah, he was amazing today even though his stats don't really show it. It was nice watching a RB who forces other teams to respect him. And just getting back to the line of scrimmage on some of those runs was awesome.

Okung, did a really good job on Peppers. I know he had some help on some plays, but when he was 1 on 1 he still stopped him from getting to Hasselbeck.

Mike Williams is a crazy mismatch for most DBs. I would love to see the Hawks use him more.

I know I'm probably missing some other people who stood out today, but oh well.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

The way they used Justin Forsett in that game was just about perfect.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st of all we got a win, and the fact that it was on the road is probably what i most happy about. It feels like forever since we've won a road game, i seriously don't remember the last time we won one on the road. I didm'y get to see the game but ive mostly heard positive things about the game. I heard okung looked like a stud today, im not sure if we gave up any sacks because i havent looked at the stats yet. Its about frickin time mike williams got the ball, i was beginning to think he was dead or something. Deon butler is niceeeee, ive loved that pick since day 1. Hass didnt throw a pick, so thats always good news. Forsett had a good game and from what i hear lynch looked good too. Lawyer milloy is beastin it, the guys really been a big part of our defense. I really wish that we would start throwing the ball to carlson some more, i heard he had a big drop but still if he can get it going i think that it could really open things up for us.

The position that i was most worried about for us in the beginning of the season was de but im beginning to think our biggest need is cb, besides qb. Trufant is a good cb but he will never get back to his '07 form. Jennings is average and thurmond is a rookie so the jurys out on him. You can create a pass rush without a great pass rushing de, but you cant really make a corner better without always giving him safety help.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gave up 0 sacks. That's awesome. Okung played lights out.

The Hester return doesn't bother me much. Chicago executed perfectly and the punt was so good that it actually backfired... thank goodness Carlson recovered the onside kick.

We outcoached them - badly. But we need to remember, the Bears were probably the worst 4-1 team ever. Still, a great road victory.

Here's what we've got left at 3-2.

ARZ
@OAK
NYG
@ARZ
@NO
KC
CAR
@SF
ATL
@TB
STL

9-7 seems reasonable. I'd be pleasantly surprised with 10-6 but it's not out of the question.

8-8 seems most likely and given the last few years, I obviously fear we'll fizzle out and end up under .500.

It is IMPERATIVE that we win this next game at home vs. Arizona for a few reasons.

4-2 just feels good. So would sole possession of first place.

4-2 just feels good. We cannot let Arizona get there and gain any confidence. Plus, we'd then be staring at a complete must-win game in a few weeks @ Arizona and if we lost that, we'd then go to New Orleans with little hope.

Division tiebreaker games may decide this division. If we go 4-4 against our division and say, St. Louis is 8-8 also and goes 3-5, we'd get in.

I'll give some optimistic predictions just for fun...

ARZ - W
@OAK - L
NYG - L
@ARZ - W
@NO - L
KC - W
CAR - W
@SF - L
ATL - L
@TB - W
STL - W

That would be 9-7... buckle up...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

switch New York and Kansas City results and I agree. Kansas City's D has looked really good this year, and coming off going to New Orleans is going to suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

4-2...holy ****.

Ugly wins are wins and now we are in firm control of the division. Wow...it's just kind of hard to process this right now...

Old 10-25-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

The combination of Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett, and the young receivers we've got in Tate, Williams, and Butler have me feeling really good about the Seahawks future. But against Arizona Hasselbeck looked like he was holding the offense back. He gets sacked too easily; he was really, really poor when it came to stepping up and avoiding the rush, and it was frustrating to watch. I'm starting to get curious about how Charlie Whitehurst would do. I'm not "calling for him," per se, but it just seems really obvious that this offense could benefit from having a QB who can escape and take a shot to Butler or Williams down the field, instead of dropping back...and immediately falling down as soon as a defender gets an arm on him. Just sayin'.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

A win is a win so im happy about that. MVP of the game is mare, the dude just doesnt miss and he is so underrated in terms of kickers, i loved the pick up when it happened. Golden Tate wtf is up with you dude, he has looked amazing at times and other times he looks lost and like he doesnt wanna be out there, plus hes being outplayed by brandon stokely. I still think hasslebeck gives us our best chance to win. I still hate the whitehurst trade because he is garbage, i never wanna see him be our starting qb. For some reason hasselbeck has started to notice that mike williams starts and plays wr for us, he was clutch on those 3rd downs for us that essentially sealed the game, plus the man has some nasty hands and he abused drc. I loved the lynch trade and i still do, him and forsett make a great 1-2 punch. Russell okung is a beast and makes our line so much better, without him the line was terrible. Lawyer milloy is playing pretty damn good for his age. Earl thomas is ****** amazing and walter thurmond played damn well this game, it wouldnt surprise me at all if he is the starter before the end of the season. Chris clemons is explosive, he gets off the line so fast, raheem brock and kentwan balmer also played well.

Just a couple more things: it would really not surprise me if we got rid of aaron curry. This regime has no attachments to him and they are not afraid to get rid of anyone, plus it just seems like he doesnt fit this team. Ill make this call now either curry or hill wont be with this team next year, thats just my opinion. Carlson is a good tight end and i simply dont understand why he is not getting looked at more, if you want him to block then trade him because we have 2 blocking te's and his best skill is at receivng. One other person is leon washington. Is he seriously just our kr? I know he is good but can we not get him involved on offense aslo?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Marshawn Lynch yesterday? Only 9 carries for 7 yards? I didn't get a chance to watch any highlights, but there's nothing about any injuries. Did he just get benched?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Matt H. going to be playing this week or is it going to be Whitehurst's first career start?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
What happened to Marshawn Lynch yesterday? Only 9 carries for 7 yards? I didn't get a chance to watch any highlights, but there's nothing about any injuries. Did he just get benched?
I havent heard of any injury to Marshawn yesterday. My guess is the scored dictated they throw more and run less.

As for the other post about Matt, the inital report was he received a ding to the head, no word about whether he'll play against the Giants. As of now he's playing.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

We suck. I want us to lose so we get a good draft pick. If we make the playoffs im gonna be so ****** pissed

Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
We suck. I want us to lose so we get a good draft pick. If we make the playoffs im gonna be so ****** pissed
Coaches and players dont subscribe to that theory just closet GMs like us. It's so easy to say let's win in a weak division but they need more talent and higher picks are the main way to go.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

We need a QB so bad though...although i guess John Clayton says that some scouts now have Locker with a second round grade. So wherever we pick there is probably a very real possibility that he could be there...

I think the biggest problem right now (with our entire offense) is Hasselbeck. I didn't get to watch this last weekend, but he doesn't have the arm strength to thrive in Bates offense. He is also holding onto the ball too long, which leads to him getting the **** kicked out of him.

I just don't know if I want Jake Locker right now...he's best when he's throwing on the run and has the ability to make the decision to throw or run (which is not what he's been doing this year). That and his annoying habit of locking onto one target are red flags for picking him at this point in time.