Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I can't fathom how Jimmy Raye still has a job in the NFL. He was a ****** coordinator back in the 90s.
he was the only coordinator they didn't have to worry about leaving for another job.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
The worst coaching of the week was the Panthers to me. It was painful watching them force it with Matt Moore and ignore those two studs. Stewart was given no opportunity. Nothing against Goodsen (i think) either, but he was in more plays the 2nd half than the other two combined (he did the shotgun formation).

Completely ignored the run in the redzone. Unacceptable.

Yeah as a Giants fan i really couldnt understand what they were doing. Its like getting Bradford 50 passes in a game with SJ in the backfield. The Panthers staff over thought the gameplan a lot.

BlindSite is right in saying they should be 70/30 run, they could be a really beastly team. That was their best chance against the Giants IMO, wear down our line to slow the pass rush. They didnt, and Moore payed for it. Poor dude was getting murdered out there.

Good news is though that were one more day from this thread being updated with this coming weeks' absurd calls haha
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate both of these men so much. they're both sad depressed fat guys with mustaches that have never shown any enthusiasm in their entire lives.

andy reid is an idiot for that 4th and one call with vick. the threat of a running qb is that you have to cover the pass and run, if its a designed run play there is no point.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
We made Moore like a JV QB. Now with enough film on him our scouts could break him down as soon as possible since the schedules comes out so early. So I am sure we had a comprehensive scouting report on him. I thought all the hits took their toll on poor Matt Moore.
I think you did us a favour. The sooner the Clausen era can start in Carolina the better.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:36 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
I think you did us a favour. The sooner the Clausen era can start in Carolina the better.
hahahahahaha. you can't be serious.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey c'mon, I've had to watch Jacory Harris and Jake Delhomme for the last two years. I'm dying to watch a good QB start for one of my teams.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:51 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey c'mon, I've had to watch Jacory Harris and Jake Delhomme for the last two years. I'm dying to watch a good QB start for one of my teams.
And you're counting on Jimmy Clausen to be that good starting QB? I'm a better quarterback than Jimmy Clausen.

And WTF is wrong with Jacory? He's still one of the top QB's in the nation. He just has a tendency to try to force the big play in big games. Also against OSU, a couple of the INT's were his WR's fault anyways. I'd rather have a "**** it. I'm going deep" passer than a guy who play like he's afraid to make a mistake.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

What's he up to, 20 interceptions in the last 11 games? Quality, quality player(!)

He has Rex Grossman's attitude without Rex Grossman's arm. With the skill players he has around him his play is inexcusable.

As for your assessment of Clausen. Well that's just laughable.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What's he up to, 20 interceptions in the last 11 games? Quality, quality player(!)

He has Rex Grossman's attitude without Rex Grossman's arm. With the skill players he has around him his play is inexcusable.

You no longer have the privilege of calling yourself a Canes fan on this board anymore. You don't have to be an ignorant homer who blindly defends the players on his team but now you're just hating on your team.

Also, maybe Jimmy Clausen is a better QB than me, but I'm definitely a better leader.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

so bascially he says "F**K it I'm goin' deep" without actually having the arm to go deep?

That seems ill-advised.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
so bascially he says "F**K it I'm goin' deep" without actually having the arm to go deep?

That seems ill-advised.
he has the arm to go deep a few times a game but he has to work the coverage to set the deep play up and vice versa. Jacory has just started slinging it around like mallett almost

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not just re-name this "The Andy Reid Thread"?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Henderson is the starting left tackle for my team when he is a back up guard, so what do we do? Call 7 step drops 3 straight plays and Campbell is sacked twice.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1272340570

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Why not just re-name this "The Andy Reid Thread"?
Because Lovie Smith still has a job in this league.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Because Lovie Smith still has a job in this league.
Josh McDaniels and Lane Kiffin are my teams head coaches. Is there a more hated/stubborn duo than those two?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDaniels is quickly running out of Brady-cred. soon he'll be another case that proves that NE co÷rdinators aren't worth jack outside NE.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Give Charles the ball Todd.
Rinse lather repeat.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Childress around.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sunday i saw the least amount of football ive seen on a sunday in years. a sad sad day.

so people fill me in, what bad calls did we see this week? anything mindblowingly awful?

really feelin like i missed out =(
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Rinse lather repeat.
hahahahaha

Jets should NEVER have traded Thomas Jones!
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
McDaniels is quickly running out of Brady-cred. soon he'll be another case that proves that NE co÷rdinators aren't worth jack outside NE.
McDaniels cred as far as running an offense is just fine. There were many in here that thought getting rid of Cutler and Marshall was the end for Denver, but Orton seems to move the ball pretty easy throwing it to Gaffney, Brandon Lloyd, blah, blah, whoever. Not bad considering his o-line right now is two rookies and two journey-man guards (that arent much good).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Haley and Weis, why not give the ball to your best offensive weapon? That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, would it?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Childress gems today

1) Goes for it on 4th and 2 from the Dolphins 26 on the opening drive of the game. Always take points inside the 30 on your opening drive. ALWAYS.

2) 4th and goal from the 1 and we ran a stretch play, allowing the defense to converge on Peterson and not allow him to go anywhere. The stretch play was also to the weaker side of the offensive line.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say that Fred Jackson, who has his jersey currently hanging in the HOF for his accomplishments last year, having only 15 touches on the young season is bad coaching, but what do I know? The team looks amazing.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Jets should NEVER have traded Thomas Jones!
They didn't.