Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
he is defending CJ not hating...
Ah there was a tad of hate on our run d.. and like 619 said it looked like it made some significant steps

And we all know CJ is a speed back who makes one cut up field and is pretty much gone.. I wasn't hating on CJ just felt the run defense played better than the numbers showed for.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
You have to like Tuck and Kiwi going against that Colts line. How is McNeil not a Colt? Bill Polian is an arrogant dick. If I'm the Colts I'd offer a second, first, whatever.
I do. In fact I like our defense as a whole going against them, but I don't know, I just can't imagine them going 0-2. Has that happened since Peyton's rookie year?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think the Colts are a lock to beat the Giants bc I simply cannot envision Peyton Manning starting out the season 0-2.

It just can't happen. It's like against the rules or something.
I see Jacobs and Bradshaw pushing their **** in, Eli showing up Peyton in the warm little dome, and the defensive line getting constant pressure on Indy's craptastic o-line. Colts are not good this year.

Biggest thing for you guys is to stay with the running game and not let Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back on every play, because your tackles will get killed.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I see Jacobs and Bradshaw pushing their **** in, Eli showing up Peyton in the warm little dome, and the defensive line getting constant pressure on Indy's craptastic o-line. Colts are not good this year.

Biggest thing for you guys is to stay with the running game and not let Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back on every play, because your tackles will get killed.
That's the thing. Our oline sucks. It can't run block at all anymore. And our FB looks washed up and we rely on our FB a lot in our running schemes.

I'm hoping Shawn Andrews starts sooner than later so we can fuse some of his muscle into our run game. But right now its pretty bad.

And as you stated, if we have to pass a lot, which I'm guessing we will, our OTs are going to get abused. They can't handle speed rushers at all.

I hope we pound em with Jacobs. I don't think they can handle his size.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let Jacobs get 10-12 carries and then bring in Bradshaw, won't be fair.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Bengal's chances better this week.
We wont give up free yards on defense with penalties, which I think would be huge in limiting the Ravens O.

I expect a lot of no huddle early on.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Let Jacobs get 10-12 carries and then bring in Bradshaw, won't be fair.
It only will work though if our run blocking wakes up. It was abysmal vs the Panthers. I believe we had like 4 rushing yards in the 1st half, and its not like we didn't try to run. We tried pounding the rock the 1st half and only had 4 yards.

It was pathetic.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have to like Tuck and Kiwi going against that Colts line. How is McNeil not a Colt? Bill Polian is an arrogant dick. If I'm the Colts I'd offer a second, first, whatever.
I mentioned that in the Colts forum. Seems like it'd be a perfect fit and it's not like they don't need him. Still they'll probably take a skill position player with two of their first picks next draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Freeney and Mathis against the Giants line as well and I think Peyton does way better getting rid of the ball than Eli. This game will come down to how well the Giants can run the ball I think.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has the best "fantasy" stat line this week? ala Arian Foster in week 1?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars are the biggest dogs I hear in their game Sunday against the Chargers. And rightfully so - they got murdered last year when they went to the West Coast (Seattle), the Chargers are a pissed off and very talented team that ran into a buzzsaw in Kansas City, and the Jaguars still need to prove they have improved on pass defense.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Jaguars are the biggest dogs I hear in their game Sunday against the Chargers. And rightfully so - they got murdered last year when they went to the West Coast (Seattle), the Chargers are a pissed off and very talented team that ran into a buzzsaw in Kansas City, and the Jaguars still need to prove they have improved on pass defense.
Yeah, the Jags are absolutely terrible on the west coast. That's why I don't know if I want to pay money to go watch them lose.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigger dogs than the Bills at Packers?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Who has the best "fantasy" stat line this week? ala Arian Foster in week 1?
Aaron Rodgers vs. Buffalo without Ryan Grant.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Bigger dogs than the Bills at Packers?
Not even close. Even Vegas has it as a 6 point difference. +13.5 for Buffalo and +7.5 for Jacksonville.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Ah there was a tad of hate on our run d.. and like 619 said it looked like it made some significant steps

And we all know CJ is a speed back who makes one cut up field and is pretty much gone.. I wasn't hating on CJ just felt the run defense played better than the numbers showed for.
I missed most of the game, but if the Raiders limited CJ to just one big run, then I'd say that's impressive. I know that's lame, and it contradicts the logic of what kind of RB CJ is and the fact that they still didn't contain him all game, but guys...CJ's just that good.

Being a Titans fans, that sounds like I'm a homer. But I'm not. CJ set records last year with his long runs, and he had multiple ones per game on many occassions. CJ's gonna get his sooner or later. It just depends on how many times he gets his. I'd say limiting him to one is a success because that means for all those other carries, they were able to keep CJ in front of them. Not an easy thing to do considering his speed, the Titans' OL, having to account for VY's running ability, and then covering WR's and TE's to boot.

But, I will say that focusing on containing CJ bit the Raiders in the ass. Guess who was the NFL highest rated passer from WK 1? Vince Young. So it kind of gets into the situation that you have a RB that will break off a game-changing run and how you defend that. I'll go back to the Titans/Texans game at LP Coliseum last year (Technically, it's LP Field now. But it used to be called just The Coliseum, which sounded bad ass. So I calls it the LP Coliseum!!!). CJ was breaking off big run after big run, but the Texans came back and matched CJ point for point. So I don't think it's as much about preventing CJ's big runs but responding with points of your own when he does get his yards.

That's the beauty of CJ. He's going to change the game at one point or another. You just have to be able to do so yourself and be able to rebound when he does go off. The teams that beat the Titans last year were able to do that (thanks to a injury riddled secondary), like Houston, Indy, New England, San Diego, etc., so you could say defending CJ relies as much on your offense as it does your defense.

But yeah, if I remember high school statistics (which I probably don't), there are outliers in given sets of stats. Most of the numbers can be very close to one another, but then you'll have one or two that are really high and one or two that are really slow. I think you can manipulate the statistics so you can remove those outliers to remove the extremes. So if Raiders fans want to use that method to break down how their defense did, I say go right ahead. As long as they take out his lowest run as well! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the thing. Our oline sucks. It can't run block at all anymore. And our FB looks washed up and we rely on our FB a lot in our running schemes.

I'm hoping Shawn Andrews starts sooner than later so we can fuse some of his muscle into our run game. But right now its pretty bad.

And as you stated, if we have to pass a lot, which I'm guessing we will, our OTs are going to get abused. They can't handle speed rushers at all.

If we have issues handling their DEs then we run our draw. Get Freeny to over pursue, and knock him out of the play. He is a specialist after all, it's not like he is a complete DE or anything. I am not worried about their defense. It's god on the otherwise QBing them, I fear. If our special teams gets better, and our defense takes another step, I'd be very confident going into this game. But if God wants to win, and wills it, then he will pass for 29831923 yards and have 3 TDs, and will them to victory.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Colts are a lock to beat the Giants bc I simply cannot envision Peyton Manning starting out the season 0-2.

It just can't happen. It's like against the rules or something.
Yeah, we match up really well with the colts but like you I just can't see Peyton going to 0-2, but if anyone was going to get Peyton to 0-2 it's going to be little brother.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My fantasy team hopes you pound them with Jacobs.

Let him just batter away for the first half...he's almost as big as any of the undersized Colts defenders himself...
Old 09-15-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
- Other than at offensive line, this is probably the best and deepest team the Colts have ever fielded. Iíll extremely interested to see how this year turns out for them
One of these things is not like the other

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to bet on the Packers this week but it's a 14 point spread...with that Buffalo might be a good choice. With a few exceptions, the Packers like to let bad teams stick around and make it close at the end when they had no chance of winning.

That's what happened in the Eagles game except they actually did have a chance of winning because we let them stick around and then Vick ran circles around us because we were unprepared.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the deepest Colts team at WR only. They are paper thin everywhere else. The defense is suspect, the running game is the worst in the league and the O-Line is atrocious. If they make the playoffs then we will be looking at yet another Peyton Manning MVP.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
One of these things is not like the other
The second one was made during training camp, and I said "probably."

The first was made after watching Houston clobber them up and down the field.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
We whipped Jake Delhomme's ass now we are going whip his ex-team's ass.
I expect the Panthers' defensive line to rebound with a better performance this week. They might be the most unheralded group in the league, with Brown, Hardy and Johnson each adept to double-digit sack totals.

It's gonna be extremely difficult to pass on their pass D (top five last season) when you factor in their improved pass rush - hard to believe without Peppers, I know - thanks to an extra year of experience and familiarity under Ron Meeks' system. If the Giants' vaunted rushing attack couldn't get the job done last week, then I don't see your inferior backs doing much different.

Last edited by 619 : 09-15-2010 at 12:38 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
JJ has played in two games against ya'll, and in both of them he was fantastic.

6 Total Tackles, 2 Asst. Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, and 1 Pass Defensed in those two games combined.

Pouncey is hella talented, and he'll end up being a great player. But this is gonna be a tough game for him. And lets not forget Tony Brown either, and the Titans' DL stunts get even the most experienced of Centers.

I realize he has been fantastic against us. Probably the best defender both times we have played each other the last 2 years, but that was with Hartwig at C. I can not explain how much of a difference a competent Center has made to the O-Line. The Falcons have them some good pass rushing DTs and the pressure was coming from outside and outside only. He did a damn good job his first time being in the starting line up during preseason when we played Denver and he pretty much blocked Jamal Williams for the most part.

It's gonna be a good game, no matter what. It's the 3rd year in a row these two old AFC Central foes have played. I'm more concerned about our safety play than anything. That was the killer last year against ya'll. Santonio Holmes got deep too many times. So no Big Ben or Santonio is a relief, but then you have Dixon's running ability and Mike Wallace's big play potential. Michael Griffin, who had a big drop off from his '08 year, seemed to be back to his old self. He's key in this game, as is Polamalu for the Steelers.

From what I saw of the Oakland game, Griffin was running around quite well, yes. I've like him his entire career. Polamalu is always a big part of why we win. I know it has only been one game but the way our D played last week has me super excited. Back to 08' form??

And of course, in a game like this turnovers are the key. VY's never played the Steelers' defense before, and Dixon is inexperienced and will be on the road. Which ever protects the ball more will give their team a huge advantage.

Hopefully William Hayes, one of the Titans' starting DE's, will be healthy for this game. He missed the Oakland and it probably weakened our pass-rush. He's the Titans' most athletic DE.

I just hope if Starks isn't back playing that BA will provide some help blocking whoever is over there with Spaeth or Miller. And I hope Woodley and Harrison start gaining more counts towards their projected sack totals, I know they both said they were going to get over 15. They both got one last week.
I could be wrong about Pouncey but I haven't been this excited about a center since Dawson left.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote