Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Clay gives way better hugs then Demarcus.
Jay Cutler does not agree.

Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Of course we're talking about rumors. If we had proof, it would be a fact.

It's not unusual for a lineman to gain 80# in 5 years. But it's bizarre for a LB to gain that much weight while retaining and/or increasing his speed.

Whatever, I just like how dude plays the game, but IMO his whole transformation is a little shady.
That's because the "transformation" didn't happen like you want to think it did. He came into USC weighing 220, not 165 or whatever.

You want to talk about skinny to huge OLBs from the 2009 draft talk Orakpo. Did he take roids too? No, he grew up. Weight gain generally happens when you get older. Clay put on 40 lbs from a freshman to now. Nothing too extreme.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, Matthews weight coming to USC is undetermined and has become something of an urban myth.

IF Matthews came to USC as a 220#, and just a year ago was so small his own father(!!) wouldn't start him on his HS football team, tell me how a guy goes from being a 17 year old 160-165#er HS junior to being @220# HS senior in 12 months???

That's a 55 to 60# weight gain in less than a year.
I don't care what kind of genetics or work ethic you have, that's damn near impossible.....naturally.

I feel like I'm beating up on the dude since I actually like the guy as a football player.
I think there's something to the fact that the dude was able to trigger his natural genetics and also benefited from a growth spurt in college, which I totally believed happened to Clay. We're not talking about someone whose father and uncle were 170# CPAs.

I just feel like the dude experimented with something, and whatever it was frigging worked like a miracle.

Matthews was named USC's top weight lifter 3 years in a row and Rey Maualuga distinctly remembers how skinny Matthews was as a frosh.

Interesting, but doesn't really matter to me much from a football standpoint.
Whatever the kid took, Matthews is a talented, high motor, chip on his shoulder, LB.
He and Aaron Rodgers are the only reason I always try to watch Packer football nowadays.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#7 for the Claymaker
Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Interesting, but doesn't really matter to me much from a football standpoint.
Whatever the kid took, Matthews is a talented, high motor, chip on his shoulder, LB.
He and Aaron Rodgers are the only reason I always try to watch Packer football nowadays.
Jon Gruden put it best when he said that Clay Matthews is a first round talent who plays like a seventh rounder with something to prove.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got 0 sacks against the Bears, what a scrub.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote