Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Should Wade be fired
Yes 57 74.03%
No 20 25.97%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'm starting to wonder about that.
Do they really?
Forget the BS Pro-Bowl votes. Do they really have Super Bowl talent or are we overrating their talent based on the superhype that team gets?

I think the Packers are better than Dallas at:
QB
WR
TE
OL
K

DL
DB

And LB is pretty close with Matthews blowing up into a superstar, and the Packers depth at ILB.

Why does everything have to relate back to Packers>Dallas with you? You've been doing this for months on this board now. I get it. Even if GB was better then Dallas at every position that wouldn't mean Dallas didn't have alot of talent, it would just mean 1 team had better talent then the other.

That being said, even though Rodgers is better Romo is still a top 10 QB in the league, so as you can see my point, just because Rodgers>Romo doesn't mean we don't have talent at that position.

WR and TE your just being a homer which isn't surprising. At best for WR Austin & Jennings is a wash but you could make a better argument for Austin. You could also say Dez and Driver are a wash also, age aside at this point I don't think 1 or the other is much more dominant then the other. I like the depth of James Jones and Jordy Nelson but it's pretty much all potential but yea I'd put James Jones ahead of Ogletree but that's not enough to tip the whole balance to GB.

TE? Lol. And people call me a Jermichael Finley homer.

Is there any post you make that can be about Dallas without bringing up GB and trying to say how GB is so much better, or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's just taking "Superbowl talent" to mean that if you decided on who played in the Superbowl exclusively on talent, Dallas would have to surpass every other team in the NFC, like his beloved Packers, and not the way most people assume that phrase to mean that they have enough talent to make it to the Superbowl.

PS just saw Reggie Bush getting helped off of the field. WTF, he has looked so scary in this game for the Saints, sucks seeing him limp off of the field.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I think the Packers are better than Dallas at:
TE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That said Finley > Witten
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Did you just Fox News me?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think that matters too much, even if you do take Rodgers and his WRs over Dallas' the insane difference in the running game gives you guys a blatant advantage in pure talent. That said Finley > Witten and Bennett is ridiculous and Rodgers is a notch above Romo right meow, although it is a lot closer than many on this forum seem to believe as Garrett's pure incompetence and predictability is often under-rated, sometimes drastically so, by non-NFC East fans.
Finley has still a lot to prove before being put in front of Jason Witten. C'mon, we're talking about Jason Witten. Call me when Finley has a 1000 yards receiving yards, something that Witten has done twice (almost three times since he went short of 1000 by 48 yards two years ago) in his career while doing an incredible job blocking.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's just taking "Superbowl talent" to mean that if you decided on who played in the Superbowl exclusively on talent, Dallas would have to surpass every other team in the NFC, like his beloved Packers, and not the way most people assume that phrase to mean that they have enough talent to make it to the Superbowl.
This. I don't see how comparing the Cowboys roster to the Packers roster has any bearing on their respective "super bowl level talent." It seems to me that both teams are very talented and compare pretty favorably to the rest of the league. What sense does it make to use another team with top notch talent when comparing?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Witten is now underrated.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Finley has still a lot to prove before being put in front of Jason Witten. C'mon, we're talking about Jason Witten. Call me when Finley has a 1000 yards receiving yards, something that Witten has done twice (almost three times since he went short of 1000 by 48 yards two years ago) in his career while doing an incredible job blocking.
umm...I'm pretty sure I very clearly said that "Finley > Witten and Bennett is ridiculous"...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame the ">" for that epic level of misunderstanding. I knew what you meant, had to read it over, but it was funny.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips shouldn't be fired, but the OC Garrett definitely should. Their offensive playcalling has been horrid for the last few years.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring Bill Cowher in now. I bet he'd win his first game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he should get fired

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you asking if he should be fired right now, during the season? If that is what you're asking, I would say no. Who would they replace him with? Jason Garrett? He's terrible and is holding the team back much more than Wade Phillips is. Dave Campo? He was a much worse head coach than Phillips. Would someone like Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher come in now, mid-season? I'm skeptical. Wade is a bad coach who probably should've been fired by now, but I don't think you fire him mid-season unless you know you can get someone else that is better.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Wade spoke with the media today, and he had some gems.

Apparently, missing is a FG is like dropping a pass. Not sure how that works out. And Buehler missing 4 straight FG in practice and Wade blames it on the hurricane type conditions of 10mph winds. Does he ******* think before he speaks.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bring Bill Cowher in now. I bet he'd win his first game.
Great match, but I still think he's going to Carolina.

Also, if the Cowboys lose this week do they fire Phillips going into the bye? Hmmmmm.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Okay so does that excuse the fact that Jerry Jones doesn't get offensive linemen? If you have a need, you address it no matter what. If you really want someone you move up and get them. Obviously Jerry placed a premium on RB, WR, CB and LB instead of OL and DL and that is why the Cowboys are as weak in the trenches as they are now. I mean had you not traded for Roy Williams the Cowboys could have had Alex Mack, Michael Oher, Eric Wood or Eben Britton in the 2009 draft. In 2010 Dallas moved up for Dez Bryant, instead of going for flash yet again why didn't Jerry move up the 1 extra spot to get Bryan Bulaga, I mean clearly Jerry wasn't against moving up.

And you've spent 2 5th round picks on kickers? Whoop de doo. How is that working out for you? Jerry probably should've realized that the one thing Buehler can't do is make field goals. Ignoring drafting an actual kicker in favor of a kick off specialist who runs fast and can lift a bunch of weight is a fail on your part.

So back to my point, Jerry is a terrible GM.
Dez Bryant is going to have a much bigger on the NFL than Bryan Bulaga, hombre. You fail, again.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Great match, but I still think he's going to Carolina.

Also, if the Cowboys lose this week do they fire Phillips going into the bye? Hmmmmm.
And do what? Promote Garrett?

Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And do what? Promote Garrett?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Love that pic!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Okay so does that excuse the fact that Jerry Jones doesn't get offensive linemen? If you have a need, you address it no matter what. If you really want someone you move up and get them. Obviously Jerry placed a premium on RB, WR, CB and LB instead of OL and DL and that is why the Cowboys are as weak in the trenches as they are now. I mean had you not traded for Roy Williams the Cowboys could have had Alex Mack, Michael Oher, Eric Wood or Eben Britton in the 2009 draft. In 2010 Dallas moved up for Dez Bryant, instead of going for flash yet again why didn't Jerry move up the 1 extra spot to get Bryan Bulaga, I mean clearly Jerry wasn't against moving up.

And you've spent 2 5th round picks on kickers? Whoop de doo. How is that working out for you? Jerry probably should've realized that the one thing Buehler can't do is make field goals. Ignoring drafting an actual kicker in favor of a kick off specialist who runs fast and can lift a bunch of weight is a fail on your part.

So back to my point, Jerry is a terrible GM.

So what's your excuse on why the Philly O-line sucks? Or how about the Giants? What offensive lineman was Dallas going to take where they got Dez Bryant btw? Charles Brown is the only one close and he's nothing but a LT which Free has played amazing at.

But I'd love to hear what lineman Dallas ignored by taking Dez over.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Love that pic!
Many others where that came from.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Wade is an excellent defensive coordinator. Head coach, not so much.

I say demote him to DC, and either promote Dave Campo or bring back Parcells.

Seriously - Parcells as HC and Wade as DC would be an amazing team.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Wade is an excellent defensive coordinator. Head coach, not so much.

I say demote him to DC, and either promote Dave Campo or bring back Parcells.

Seriously - Parcells as HC and Wade as DC would be an amazing team.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote