Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Vick looks scary good.

I've watched almost every pro game the guy has played and he just may be a better football player right now than he's ever been. He seems focused on football and the Eagles seem like a good place for him to be. No matter what happens with Kolb, the Eagles are going to get Vick on the field a lot.

p.s. If Vick keeps this up he will be the prize of the 2011 offseason.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt know you were into men.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I've watched almost every pro game the guy has played and he just may be a better football player right now than he's ever been. He seems focused on football and the Eagles seem like a good place for him to be. No matter what happens with Kolb, the Eagles are going to get Vick on the field a lot.

p.s. If Vick keeps this up he will be the prize of the 2011 offseason.
But what about all the Vickuses???
Old 09-20-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He and Buffalo seem like a match made in heaven.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said it in another thread, but that whole jail stint might have progressed him big time.

He obviously matured as a person, and he became a dedicated worker that was willing to fix his flaws, and he had two years to rest and rejuvenate, and now his passion for football is burning bright.

He might be evolving into that guy he should have been.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After today, I really don't see how any coach in his right mind pulls him to play Kevin Kolb. I still don't understand why Reid shipped McNabb to Philadelphia so that Kolb could play. Didn't he throw like 4 interceptions against bad teams in his two games last year? I know one of them was the Chiefs, and last year they were terrible. Andy Reid needs to accept that Vick has played much better than Kolb and gives his team a better chance to win- they look like a playoff team with Vick. Vick's only 4 years older than Kolb. If it's my decision, I say they stick with the (very) hot hand and see how high Vick's ceiling actually is. I don't see what should compel them to adamantly insist that there's something great in store for a guy who most people thought was a reach when they took in him the second round. Dropping McNabb might've been a pretty bad move. Andy Reid should be thrilled that Michael Vick could end up making him look really good.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That dude can definantly ball. Andy Reid needs to stop being bull headed and realize theirs two ways to proove moving Mcnabb was the right decision and one of them has been doing just that the last two weeks and latch onto that. I just don't see any logic in risking getting a failing grade at the end of the semester sticking with what you believe to be the correct answers when the kid sitting next to you aced his last two exams and is willing to help you pass the class.. Pardon my flawed analogy or what ever I did there.

Last edited by trkaline : 09-20-2010 at 03:13 AM.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Here is why Andy doesn't want the Eagles to rely on Vick, his contract expires at the end of the season, he is leaving in free agency. Why bail on Kolb to play Vick, still be an average team and then go back to square one next season? Kevin Kolb is the guy the Eagles handed the keys to, not Vick. Kevin Kolb is the guy the Eagles are paying upwards of 7 million dollars this year. Kevin Kolb is the guy the Eagles want to become the starter, not Vick. From a pure wins v losses, this season only standpoint the smart move would certainly be to start Vick, it is clear that Vick is better than ever, better than he ever was in ATL. BUT, why do that and set your team back a year? I mean it isn't like the Eagles are going to compete, that offensive line and defense are not going to hold up no matter who you put at QB. Basically the Eagles take their lumps this season and come out next season with an experienced Kevin Kolb, Kevin Kolb has served his time holding the clipboard, there is only so much he can develop on the bench, he needs real playing time if the Eagles want to have long term success.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'm feel really uneasy about that. While I absolutely see where you're going with this, Chan Gailey's spread, their lack of talent at QB and OT, the dangerous running weapons and Lee Evans is a good fit on the field. But my issue lies with Mike Vick living in Buffalo, so many players have lost focus playing in that town for a mediocre squad that hasn't put together enough talent to come together at the right time with the right coaches in a long ass time. I worry that Mike Vick might start losing focus if he has a rough first year in Buffalo, although it is a move I could see happening, the on the field things mentioned above, his excitement factor and the Bills desperate need for someone who won't get mentally wrecked playing behind that OL the way Trent Edwards was, and I would be hoping works out if it does happen.

I still think that by the offseason Jake Locker will have cemented himself as a legit top pick candidate and Buffalo will have made that move while focusing more on the OT position in FA, be it taking a risk on Jared Gaither or something else. IMO if the Bills could make a move for Gaither, draft Locker, if he shows the continued progress I expect, and then grab another rush backer, they'd be a team heading in the right direction real fast.

The secondary is talented and deep, the DL has two prospects who I like a whole hell of a lot and at LB they're strong up the middle and have a lot of potential on the edge, although the lack of production there is worrisome given the talent in place.

Offensively they have a good interior OL, Woods and Levitre are really paying off and will be anchors of the OL for years, Lee Evans can still burn teams deep and they have Freddie Jackson and CJ Spiller out of the backfield. Now add Jared Gaither at LT and Jake Locker is in a nice situation where some more studs at WR and OLB are the only thing separating his weapons from championship caliber weapons. Plus if Gailey's system is to succeed at the NFL level it'll take someone with the wheels of a Jake Locker, Mike Vick or Vince Young.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-20-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Here is why Andy doesn't want the Eagles to rely on Vick, his contract expires at the end of the season, he is leaving in free agency. Why bail on Kolb to play Vick, still be an average team and then go back to square one next season? Kevin Kolb is the guy the Eagles handed the keys to, not Vick. Kevin Kolb is the guy the Eagles are paying upwards of 7 million dollars this year. Kevin Kolb is the guy the Eagles want to become the starter, not Vick. From a pure wins v losses, this season only standpoint the smart move would certainly be to start Vick, it is clear that Vick is better than ever, better than he ever was in ATL. BUT, why do that and set your team back a year? I mean it isn't like the Eagles are going to compete, that offensive line and defense are not going to hold up no matter who you put at QB. Basically the Eagles take their lumps this season and come out next season with an experienced Kevin Kolb, Kevin Kolb has served his time holding the clipboard, there is only so much he can develop on the bench, he needs real playing time if the Eagles want to have long term success.
As Herman Edwards once said, "You play to win the game." All of the financial business can wait until after the season. Philadelphia needs to live in the present and take care of their current agenda, which is winning football games. If Vick gives them the best chance to win, he should be the starter. Do you know the backlash Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles brass would receive if Kolb gets inserted back into the starting lineup after Vick has played pretty decent ball? It wouldn't sit well with the fans, and it probably wouldn't sit well with the locker room. And the media would only add fuel to the fire. Especially if Kolb gets back in and starts losing games.

As for Vick potentially leaving, I'd be surprised. Especially if he did well as a starter and the Eagles had a good season. Why take the chance of going elsewhere and hoping that things would work out on a new team if you've finally found a good place where you can settle in and be a productive starter? And I doubt a team offers a huge payday to Vick in free agency. His best bet would be to stay with the Eagles if he does well.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
As Herman Edwards once said, "You play to win the game." All of the financial business can wait until after the season. Philadelphia needs to live in the present and take care of their current agenda, which is winning football games. If Vick gives them the best chance to win, he should be the starter. Do you know the backlash Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles brass would receive if Kolb gets inserted back into the starting lineup after Vick has played pretty decent ball? It wouldn't sit well with the fans, and it probably wouldn't sit well with the locker room. And the media would only add fuel to the fire. Especially if Kolb gets back in and starts losing games.

As for Vick potentially leaving, I'd be surprised. Especially if he did well as a starter and the Eagles had a good season. Why take the chance of going elsewhere and hoping that things would work out on a new team if you've finally found a good place where you can settle in and be a productive starter? And I doubt a team offers a huge payday to Vick in free agency. His best bet would be to stay with the Eagles if he does well.
You see but the Eagles are run by three egomaniacs (Banner, Roseman, Reid) and they won't give up on Kolb so soon, even if they should. They will not admit they were wrong in trading McNabb if you put a gun to their heads, they kicked McNabb out the door and then promised the fans that Kevin Kolb was a star in the making.

Plus the Eagles wouldn't resign Vick because Kolb got a huge extension after the McNabb deal went down. The Eagles have invested too much in Kolb to ditch him so quickly in favor of Vick. In the long run this team is better with Kolb.

And I'm still not sure why people are in such a hurry to run Kolb out of town, I realize he didn't play well against Green Bay but c'mon that defense is very good and Kolb has an offensive line that is like a sieve. I say we should give Kolb a few more games before we throw him under the bus completely. He threw 10 passes, 3 of them after being concussed in the Green Bay game. Don't throw him under the bus just yet, but maybe you could start walking him into the middle of the street if you're really anxious to get rid of the guy.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You see but the Eagles are run by three egomaniacs (Banner, Roseman, Reid) and they won't give up on Kolb so soon, even if they should. They will not admit they were wrong in trading McNabb if you put a gun to their heads, they kicked McNabb out the door and then promised the fans that Kevin Kolb was a star in the making.

Plus the Eagles wouldn't resign Vick because Kolb got a huge extension after the McNabb deal went down. The Eagles have invested too much in Kolb to ditch him so quickly in favor of Vick. In the long run this team is better with Kolb.

And I'm still not sure why people are in such a hurry to run Kolb out of town, I realize he didn't play well against Green Bay but c'mon that defense is very good and Kolb has an offensive line that is like a sieve. I say we should give Kolb a few more games before we throw him under the bus completely. He threw 10 passes, 3 of them after being concussed in the Green Bay game. Don't throw him under the bus just yet, but maybe you could start walking him into the middle of the street if you're really anxious to get rid of the guy.
I'd be surprised if all three of those men would share the same opinion that their financial investment over a player that may be a worse option to start at quarterback is more important than giving the team the best chance to win. And you can't say in the long run that this team is better with Kolb. The team is better in the long run with the player that gives the team the best chance to win.

Perhaps Kolb does deserve another shot, but from what you said in your last paragraph you're sounding as if the NFL is fair. And it's not. Kevin Kolb had his shot and even if it was one game, he didn't play well, got knocked out, and now a player has replaced him and is doing a lot better. Regardless if the circumstances were in his control or not, Kolb has lost his job for the time being and I doubt he gets it back until Vick screws up consistently.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb is getting run out of town because he's never proven he can be a good player, and fans don't really like handing the keys to a guy that is unproven and doesn't have something to his credit(like a dominant college career, or massive upside).
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:42 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, Thumper, KOLB sucks he is garbage. If he isn't tearing it up or the Eagles aren't winning by week 6/7 then what? I know Kolb is the starter and they are going to keep him in. But why would you leave him in all season if by week 6 he hasn't really won you a game, or keeps makeing T/O? I think thats what will happen since Kolb doesn't know how to read a defense and stares down his primary WR.

Also with Kolb's noodle arm, Jackson is going to soon be calling for Vick.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have this odd feeling Vick is going to end up in Carolina despite Clausen...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also its not a huge commitment to sign a guy for 2 years at 12.5 million. They actually can cut their loses this year with him. He already got 10.7 in signing bonus. So the cap hits are very minimal, so from a financial stand point they knew what they were doing. If he is good, great signed him for cheap, if he is garbage cut him and take a min cap hit.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I didnt know you were into men.
Oh heck yeah I am! MAN ASS FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
But what about all the Vickuses???
Vickcuses are what I call the excuses his fans make for him. I got to know them really well on the Falcons message boards. I love watching him play, but also know that he's the main person responsible for his past problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
They should really consider going hard after him if he has a good season, stays healthy and shows no signs of reverting back to making dumb decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
He might be evolving into that guy he should have been.
I don't think he'll ever be the perfect QB many thought he might be coming out of college, but he can still be a quality starter who can help a team win games and entertain like no other. I'm not convinced he will ever be the kind of QB who can't even be contained by good defenses. Many fans like to forget or ignore that some teams know how to defend him.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope that the Eagles are stubborn and roll with Kolb and let Vick walk.

I really really really hope they do that.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am willing to be patient with the Kevin Kolb experiment at this point. I want to give the kid at least 5-6 games before I make my final judgment. Coming back off the concussion against a pretty bad Jags D will be a good test of whether he is actually good enough.

I agree with people like Shiver and BBD who noted that Kolb wasn't looking guys off in Week 1. However, I am curious to see how he bounces back. I trust the Eagles organization to make the right call. If they handed the keys to Kolb, I am on board. Period. I don't think this is a playoff team anyway, so let's see what we have. Always have the option to turn to Vick later and then resign him...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really hope that the Eagles are stubborn and roll with Kolb and let Vick walk.

I really really really hope they do that.
They will. Don't you fret.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I am willing to be patient with the Kevin Kolb experiment at this point. I want to give the kid at least 5-6 games before I make my final judgment. Coming back off the concussion against a pretty bad Jags D will be a good test of whether he is actually good enough.

I agree with people like Shiver and BBD who noted that Kolb wasn't looking guys off in Week 1. However, I am curious to see how he bounces back. I trust the Eagles organization to make the right call. If they handed the keys to Kolb, I am on board. Period. I don't think this is a playoff team anyway, so let's see what we have. Always have the option to turn to Vick later and then resign him...
Jacksonville's secondary is terrible, so yes, it should be a very telling game for him.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hey, Thumper, KOLB sucks he is garbage. If he isn't tearing it up or the Eagles aren't winning by week 6/7 then what? I know Kolb is the starter and they are going to keep him in. But why would you leave him in all season if by week 6 he hasn't really won you a game, or keeps makeing T/O? I think thats what will happen since Kolb doesn't know how to read a defense and stares down his primary WR.

Also with Kolb's noodle arm, Jackson is going to soon be calling for Vick.
What is a thumper? You and that other guy keep calling me one and I don't get it.

And isn't that exactly what I said? Give him a couple more weeks before we throw him under the bus? I could've sworn I said that.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick is perfect for the spread offense that Reid loves to run.

There's no way you can run man coverage against that offense when you have Vick and McCoy in the backfield and those weapons going down the field. You can't go cover zero against those WRs.

And you need to spy Vick, and you have to worry about McCoy and Celek.

I really hope they let Vick walk. Part of me wants Kolb to look half decent just so they let Vick walk. I don't want Kolb to look so terrible that they dump that project after just one year.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen you hate a on a QB this much... ever... That is disheartening to my chosen football team bc I respect your views.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I haven't seen you hate a on a QB this much... ever... That is disheartening to my chosen football team bc I respect your views.
Yeah, I am being harsh on him. I am biased in some ways though. I felt that the fans didn't appreciate McNabb, and I felt that Kolb was talked up to be this great hope that he simply wasn't. All the offseason clippings about him just didn't make sense to me, because every time I saw him play, I saw the same issues that haunt him today and I never really bought into the hype that he'd be any good.

A lot of people had strong opinions on him without even seeing him play. That made no sense to me. How could so many fans be so sure of a guy when they never saw him play? It's like everyone thought that just bc Aaron Rodgers sat for awhile and turned out to be great, we should just assume the same with Kolb.

But my main problem was, when i broke him down this offseason, I got to see every preseason game he's played, both games vs NO and KC last year, and every ps game he played this year. I went back and analyzed him like a hawk. And what I saw was a guy who simply kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

If you don't get it by now, 4 years into the league, you're not going to get it. You can't stare down guys for 4 years and then suddenly change. That's why I have no faith in him. You combine his weak arm, with his inability to make reads, and I just felt that he wouldn't amount to anything.

I could wind up being wrong. The night is still young. But I really studied this guy this offseason, and I have a strong opinion of him bc of that.