Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt like Matt Ryan did that a lot in college against weak Big East competition, and I was very sure that he would fail in the NFL. I have been eating crow on that from Day 1.

I haven't seen enough Kolb tape/had time to break it down in order to draw my conclusions. I was basing my faith in Kolb on my faith in Reid/Banner/The Eagles to evaluate talent. They had an 11 year track record of pretty much always making the right call in that regard.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I felt like Matt Ryan did that a lot in college against weak Big East competition, and I was very sure that he would fail in the NFL. I have been eating crow on that from Day 1.

I haven't seen enough Kolb tape/had time to break it down in order to draw my conclusions. I was basing my faith in Kolb on my faith in Reid/Banner/The Eagles to evaluate talent. They had an 11 year track record of pretty much always making the right call in that regard.
That's the thing. If you gave me all that tape and told me Kolb is a rookie, I'd say, this kid has potential.

But 4 years bro. 4 years of OTAs, 4 years of training camp, 4 years of PS, 4 years of spot duty, 4 years to learn the offense, 4 years to sit behind a borderline HOF qb and learn from him.

And he's still doing it. That's the problem. He's not a rookie. Its his 4th year. I know he lacks game experience, but 4 years is 4 years. At least show me you can look off a safety after 4 years. That's my problem.

But again, I could be wrong. And if I am, I'll be the first to admit it. I just don't see it.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

After I watched Ryan single handedly beat the Hokies in the rain I knew that kid was gonna be special. Shame on you my friend :)

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is essentially a rookie because as good as practice and TC and mop up duty are, you really have to learn on the job. My biggest problem related to Kolb in Week 1 was that he looked unprepared for GB. That is a matter of off the field work. The looking off/making reads stuff can come with some time and better prep.

When I looked at Kolb's skill set coming out of Houston, I saw a more mobile version of Matt Hasselbeck. At this point, I'm still holding out hope that he can develop. Fighting back from a failure at this point is substantial. Weeks 3 and 4 will tell us a whole lot...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is essentially a rookie because as good as practice and TC and mop up duty are, you really have to learn on the job. My biggest problem related to Kolb in Week 1 was that he looked unprepared for GB. That is a matter of off the field work. The looking off/making reads stuff can come with some time and better prep.

When I looked at Kolb's skill set coming out of Houston, I saw a more mobile version of Matt Hasselbeck. At this point, I'm still holding out hope that he can develop. Fighting back from a failure at this point is substantial. Weeks 3 and 4 will tell us a whole lot...
I expect him to do better than he did at GB. I remember seeing a stat where he does significantly better in the shotgun vs under center. I wonder if he comes out in the gun more this week.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were people who were sure Aaron Rodgers would fail after Favre left. The Eagles won't and shouldn't give up on Kolb yet. However, that doesn't mean they're going to ignore how Vick has played so far.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

He ran out of the gun in college in a pure spread offense that allowed him to move and isolate to half the field. He should have better instincts and be able to make better throws than he did in Week 1. I am curious to review the game to see how he is progressing.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Reid has already said that Vick will get more than 5-6 snaps. That is a tough thing to do to Kolb. It really messes with his rhythm.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
He and Buffalo seem like a match made in heaven.
That's what we said before he signed with the Eagles. Argh.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I don't agree with giving Vick too many snaps this coming game. If he comes in and does great during his snaps, and Kolb struggles, Kolb is going to lose that lockerroom.

If you want to help Kolb, give the opposition a strong dose of McCoy. Put the Wildcat on the shelf for a week, let Kolb get his groove.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Vick to the vikings in the off season? Vick gives them the best chance to win now. They still have to give Kolb a year to prove what he has. Beware the contract year.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah I don't agree with giving Vick too many snaps this coming game. If he comes in and does great during his snaps, and Kolb struggles, Kolb is going to lose that lockerroom.

If you want to help Kolb, give the opposition a strong dose of McCoy. Put the Wildcat on the shelf for a week, let Kolb get his groove.
I really like Vick as a goal-line QB. His speed really helps open up the field for an Eagles team without a big threat to throw the fade to...

Old 09-20-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Vick is going to take the most money he can get in a city that will afford him the ability to make even more money off the field. He is still in bankruptcy, and his creditors are going to be coming after him. He needs a huge dose of guaranteed money. So, you look at the teams who might be in need of a QB: Minnesota, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland.

Which teams are likely to offer Vick the big money + get the off the field endorsements he is craving? Oakland (SF), Minnesota (Minneapolis is very underrated), Arizona, and Philly. If the Eagles decide Kolb is not their QB of the future, they will try to lock Vick up. Vick might be amenable because the Eagles gave him a huge chance out of prison. After that, I think Arizona and Oakland will be huge on him. Oakland might win bc Al Davis is nuts, plus that Oakland team really isn't bad...

Old 09-20-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad to see my man doing well. He's just incredible to watch. Can't wait to see him with a starting job next year.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some people will assume it's in the Eagles best interest if Kolb plays poorly and gets out of Vick's way. Not true. It's a good problem for a team to have two good QBs. If they both play well this season, maybe the Eagles can franchise Vick and then trade one of them. I don't think there's any reason the Eagles wouldn't be able to franchise Vick. I could be wrong about that. Recent history has proven that QBs can be traded relatively easily.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he goes to Carolina Vick to Steve Smith and those 2 running backs OMG.I would also be fine if he signed with Oakland because of DMC or Minnesota
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid has already said that Vick will get more than 5-6 snaps. That is a tough thing to do to Kolb. It really messes with his rhythm.
Kolb gets in rhythms?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I think some people will assume it's in the Eagles best interest if Kolb plays poorly and gets out of Vick's way. Not true. It's a good problem for a team to have two good QBs. If they both play well this season, maybe the Eagles can franchise Vick and then trade one of them. I don't think there's any reason the Eagles wouldn't be able to franchise Vick. I could be wrong about that. Recent history has proven that QBs can be traded relatively easily.
I highly doubt the Eagles would invest the amount it will take to franchise Vick. With Peyton, Brady, and McNabb due to get extensions already, plus Bradford and Stafford's monster deals, the single season cost would be something like $20mm or more.

Plus, in the upcoming strike, I think the NFLPA is going to fight really hard to make the franchise tag go away or be even more punitive. Prob not a great option.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching them in person yesterday, I think Vick is exactly what Jacksonville needs. Garrard is on the brink, and that team needs a shot of energy. Jones-Drew looked pretty depressed out there. The few fans I saw at the game were very doom and gloom.

Is it at all possible that Kolb looks competent in the next few weeks and a team steps up and trades for Vick this season, then extends him?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick to Oakland????? With Campbell struggling and Gradkowski the only QB we have I can see Al bringing him in

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
After watching them in person yesterday, I think Vick is exactly what Jacksonville needs. Garrard is on the brink, and that team needs a shot of energy. Jones-Drew looked pretty depressed out there. The few fans I saw at the game were very doom and gloom.

Is it at all possible that Kolb looks competent in the next few weeks and a team steps up and trades for Vick this season, then extends him?
Jacksonville won't trade for him. After all the arrests of Shack Harris players, Gene Smith and Wayne Weaver are on a "character" kick right now.

I don't think there's any way Philly trades him, either. If they trade both McNabb and Vick while Kolb goes down in flames, it's not going to be pretty. Heads will roll.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick looked amazing last week. That deep ball to Desean was right on the money and his intermediate passes had such zip on them they got to the recievers almost instantly. No one besides fat depressed moustache man andy reid would be dumb enough to start kevin kolb over him. ewww kevin kolb..... how can anyone think he will be good? ughggh
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote