Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.
Default Steelers vs Bucs week 3

Aight a couple undefeated teams getting together next week in Tampa. This will be a defensive game and very low scoring. I have a gutt feeling we win this thing 13-10.

What do ya kiddos think?

TRIVIA: The Bucs have yet to give up points in the second half of their first 2 games in 2010.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the steelers win in a similar fashion as they did against the titans....really get in freemans face, eliminate the run game and cause turnovers and play "run run run FG" on offense

16-3 steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think the steelers win in a similar fashion as they did against the titans....really get in freemans face, eliminate the run game and cause turnovers and play "run run run FG" on offense

16-3 steelers
That honestly would surprise me all that much. The Steelers' D is going to be a difficult challenge for the Bucs' O. With the QB situation in Pitt they are going to be pretty limited, as they were yesterday.

I'd love to see the Bucs get the running game going, I just don't think that is very likely this week. If the Bucs win, Freeman will have to lead the way with the passing attack - IMHO.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our running game will average less than 1 ypc, so I hope they open up the pass playbook and let Freeman win the game. I have much more faith in Freeman than I do in Vince Young's passing ability.

Our defense is extremely underrated and the Pitt o-line is by far the worst of the lines that we have seen this year. We should have no problem against that offense.

Special teams won the game for the Steelers last week, and special teams could very well be the deciding factor again this week. We need Michael Spurlock to come up with some huge returns like Clifton Smith did for us last year.

Steeler fans will still have the Bucs as a cupcake team but analyzing everything, THE BUCS SHOULD WIN THIS GAME
Old 09-20-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

17-6 Steelers.

Bucs are looking good and performing well but they aren't ready for this defense. Titans offense is a good bit better than the Bucs and they got butt whipped.

Steelers D is too much for them (Freeman) to handle and I think Leftwich comes in with a chip on his shoulder and hits Wallace atleast once for a long TD.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can essentially negate Deangelo Williams and J-Stew we should be able to do the same against Mendenhall thus putting ourselves in a good position to win the game.

I think we have as good a chance of winning as Pitt has of beating us.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
17-6 Steelers.

Bucs are looking good and performing well but they aren't ready for this defense. Titans offense is a good bit better than the Bucs and they got butt whipped.

Steelers D is too much for them (Freeman) to handle and I think Leftwich comes in with a chip on his shoulder and hits Wallace atleast once for a long TD.
You are right, the Steelers defense will be a handful for us to deal with. They won that game in Tennesee by stacking the box to stop CJ2k and forced Vince Young to take the game in his hands by throwing the ball. Also the special teams did really well, so i give the Steelers defense and special teams props.

On offense, even in situations where the defense forced turnovers and got them in great scoring position, the Steelers could not capitalize. The o-line is not that impressive and I think Tampa's faced 2 better o-line's than Pittsburgh, and if Leftwich is behind center, they could have a field day. The rookie DT tandem of Price and McCoy have been generating a ton of pressure on qb's and the Bucs secondary has capitalized on that.

On special teams, Tampa is one of the best, both coverage and returns in the League. ( that was their strength last year as well). Can't expect the steelers to have that type of success again, but who knows.????

Offensively, I don't like the comparison that Freeman will be as rattled as Vince Young. I listen to both Young and Freeman in their press conferences and interviews, Freeman seems wiser beyond his years and is more calm too pressure. Also, Freeman has a more natural feel in the pocket than VY and is better at avoiding sacks (at 6'6 255, he is one of the hardest QB's to sack, dont believe me, look at some high lights this year and last).

Overall, I think this will be a defensive showdown. A game that will be won in the 4th qtr. No offense to Steeler fans, but Pittsburgh is heading down South in the Florida Heat and Humidity, wearing black. They have absolutely no pass game and Tampa Bay just came off holding Stewart and Williams to a combined total of 97 yards rushing, which is impressive for this young defense. I think Olsen and Rah know the game plan and that is play mistake free football and make conservative play calling against a steelers team that feasts on TO's.

Prediction: 13- 6 Tampa
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant wait to see pouncey vs mccoy

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:47 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too. In the words of WWF commentator JR, this out to be a slobber knocker. I see a good defensive battle brewing.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams is such a beast. He's the player i fear most from the Bucs and thats saying allot for a rookie!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

16-3 steelers
You could be right, but I'll go through this post step by step:

"Get in Freeman's face": our pass protection has been amazing through the first 2 games. Cleveland has an underrated defense and they mix up blitzes to apply pressure similar to PIT. Obviously we're not gonna shut down one of the best pass rushing teams but we'll do a better job than you expect.

"Eliminate the run game": I concede this one. No doubt. We'll try to run to set up 3rd and 5/6 but we'll be lucky to get 2ypc from Cadillac.

"Cause turnovers": this one is hard to predict. Freeman has been careful with the ball, smart and accurate.

"Run run run FG": I'm most confident that this won't work out. So far our run D has been stellar on 1st and 2nd down. We give up the occasional 10 yard carry but we wrap up to prevent the long run. It's a bend but don't break defense.

My analysis and expectations are that Pittsburgh will struggle to move the ball offensively unless Leftwich/Batch can make some plays downfield and convert 3rd downs. Offensively we will struggle to move the ball and also move backwards at times. We're capable of making big pass plays and Freeman is tough to stop on 3rd down with his mobility and arm. It's really a matter of how many big plays/conversions we get compared to how many turnovers/big negative plays happen.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we're also a team that thrives off of forcing turnovers and getting big returns in the kicking game, similar to Pittsburgh. We're very similar teams in general. It's all about momentum with 2 teams like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FWIW, in a interview at the NFL combine, I think Gerald said that the Maurkice was the toughest non-teammate he had faced in college.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i would have absolutely loved mike williams in the draft...i said hed be a big time steal and hes proving me right so far. his character issues were so overblown, hes not the headcase they made him out to be

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
FWIW, in a interview at the NFL combine, I think Gerald said that the Maurkice was the toughest non-teammate he had faced in college.
Which really means, he is the toughest person he faced because there is no one on the Sooners line that has the ability of Pouncey.

Should be fun to watch. Legursky is starting RG as well, so I look for that to help our run game.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be a defense game. Steelers & Buc are only giving up 10.5 points a game. I see the game being tied 3-3 or 7-7 late in the fourth quarter, Then a turnover occurs, costing a team the game. This game can go any way really, but i see a field goal being the diffrence.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20-10 Steelers. I think Leftwich makes our offense a little better. While our line hasn't been great, it hasn't been terrible either. People fail to realize that we were on a third string line on Sunday and still managed to play well as a unit.

Also, I have seen that QBs that go against Lebeau for the first time do not end well. We will see. Tampa could be back on the rise or just playing way over their heads like Denver was last year. Sunday we will find that out.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
20-10 Steelers. I think Leftwich makes our offense a little better. While our line hasn't been great, it hasn't been terrible either. People fail to realize that we were on a third string line on Sunday and still managed to play well as a unit.

Also, I have seen that QBs that go against Lebeau for the first time do not end well. We will see. Tampa could be back on the rise or just playing way over their heads like Denver was last year. Sunday we will find that out.
Leftwich makes NO offense better.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Leftwich makes NO offense better.
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping for the Steelers to start Lord Byron. Altough, he has the ability to throw deep passes (it's the only thing he can do right), so that could hurt us with Barber being slow, TJack looking average on pass coverage and Sean Jones being.... Sean Jones.

But the possibility of getting sacks and turnovers is greater with Byron on the field instead of Batch. In a close defensive game, that could help us a lot. Barber and TJack need to step up.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping for the Steelers to start Lord Byron. Altough, he has the ability to throw deep passes (it's the only thing he can do right), so that could hurt us with Barber being slow, TJack looking average on pass coverage and Sean Jones being.... Sean Jones.

But the possibility of getting sacks and turnovers is greater with Byron on the field instead of Batch. In a close defensive game, that could help us a lot. Barber and TJack need to step up.
Pittsburgh's pass protection is not very good thats why Dennis Dixon was a better bet as he could avoid pressure.

The Bucs front 4, led by McCoy and Price have been getting pressure on the qb consistantly against 2 teams I think have better O-Lines than Pittsburgh right now. If they do the same against the Steelers with Leftwhich back there, it could be a disaster for the Steelers.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

leftwich is much more decisive than dixon, the pass blocking will hold up, especially without hartwig at center

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

With concrete shoes controlling the Pitt offense we should be able to get to him at least 2-3 times this game. I am so glad we got rid of him because unless you give him 5+ seconds in the pocket he is pretty much useless.

If I was Pitt I'd go with Charlie Batch who I've always been a fan of.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Byron Leftwich gives us much more of a chance of winning than Batch does. Trust us. He knows the offense and has a cannon of an arm to hit Wallace deep.

Caddy, if you get to Byron 2-3 times only, then our offensive line has won the day. Just FYI. I'm thinking each team probably gets 4-5 sacks. But the Steelers are used to that. And know how to play with that being the case. I expect Timmons to have a ridiculous day again. And Woodley must come ready to ball. He is our only LBer who weighs more than Freeman, so he will have the easiest job of bringing him down.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

james harrison begs to differ lol

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

If 2-3 sacks is your offensive line winning the battle I hate to see it when it loses. 4-5 sacks per team seems incredibly generous to me.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

steelers giving up 5 sacks and winning the game pretty easily is not a rarity at all

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.